I can prove there was Benghazi stand down order.

All I know if that Feb 17 did battle with the attackers, took control of the front gate, enabled the CIA team to enter the mission, kept the attackers at bay while the CIA searched for the two missing American and laid down cover fire as the Americans as they departed the mission. A Feb 17 officer accompanied the Americans back to the Annex and was instrumental in obtaining assistance from the Libyan Shield.

HOW do you know this? Tonto already testified / declared the CIA Director's account was BS...and for doing so lost his Security Clearance.

The attack went on for HOURS...so at what point did the CIA do their Rambo impersonation and 'save' everyone at the compound?
The CIA would probably say Paronto was fired for lying. Inside the agency, Paronto is known as one of the three "Liar of Benghazi."

Attachments

• Liars of Benghazi all three.jpg
    Liars of Benghazi all three.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 34
I wonder if that's the same bunch that melted away when the first attack happened??

All I know if that Feb 17 did battle with the attackers, took control of the front gate, enabled the CIA team to enter the mission, kept the attackers at bay while the CIA searched for the two missing American and laid down cover fire as the Americans as they departed the mission. A Feb 17 officer accompanied the Americans back to the Annex and was instrumental in obtaining assistance from the Libyan Shield.

HOW do you know this? Tonto already testified / declared the CIA Director's account was BS...and for doing so lost his Security Clearance.

The attack went on for HOURS...so at what point did the CIA do their Rambo impersonation and 'save' everyone at the compound?

Yup. 13 hours.
That is not a credible source.

Yup. 13 hours.

No. The attack lasted 13 hours.

Oh and from what the survivors have said that movie by Michael Bay was pretty damned accurate. He and his people researched everything and spoke with all the survivors.

I wonder if that's the same bunch that melted away when the first attack happened??
When the attack commenced, everybody ran. One RSO, the Ambassador and Mr. Smith ran to the safe room in Villa C. Two RSO's and one of the unarmed Libyan guard ran and hid the "cantina in the Staff quarters." Two RSOs hid in the TOC. One unarmed Libyan guard ran for the militia barracks to get his weapon, shot one of the attackers, ran off and then got back in the fight. Two other Libyan guards also ran for their barracks to get their weapons, but were captured and beaten. A few Libyan guards in their barracks grabbed their weapons and ran, but later got into the fight.

When the attack commenced, everybody ran. One RSO, the Ambassador and Mr. Smith ran to the safe room in Villa C. Two RSO's and one of the unarmed Libyan guard ran and hid the "cantina in the Staff quarters." Two RSOs hid in the TOC. One unarmed Libyan guard ran for the militia barracks to get his weapon. Two other Libyan guards also ran for their barracks to get their weapons, but were captured and beaten. Some Libya guards in their barracks grabbed their weapons and ran, but later got into the fight.

I had read that as well. Some of them did fight but a lot of them boogied the minute the first shot was fired.

Yup. 13 hours.

Oh and from what the survivors have said that movie by Michael Bay was pretty damned accurate. He and his people researched everything and spoke with all the survivors.
If you say so. I disagree.

Yup. 13 hours.

Well you may be right. I thought I read somewhere that some of the Libyan security forces melted away when the first shot was fired.

Libyan security forces and a sympathetic local militia helped the Americans to suppress the attack and get the diplomats inside to safety

Pretty good read on Benghazi.
What Happened in Benghazi Was a Battle

When the attack commenced, everybody ran. One RSO, the Ambassador and Mr. Smith ran to the safe room in Villa C. Two RSO's and one of the unarmed Libyan guard ran and hid the "cantina in the Staff quarters." Two RSOs hid in the TOC. One unarmed Libyan guard ran for the militia barracks to get his weapon. Two other Libyan guards also ran for their barracks to get their weapons, but were captured and beaten. Some Libya guards in their barracks grabbed their weapons and ran, but later got into the fight.

I had read that as well. Some of them did fight but a lot of them boogied the minute the first shot was fired.
What would you have done if you were one of four unarmed guards at the front gate and attackers were pouring in via the pedestrian gate and by scaling the walls? If I faced an overwhelming force and was unarmed, I would run.

What would you have done if you were one of four unarmed guards at the front gate and attackers were pouring in via the pedestrian gate and by scaling the walls. If I faced an overwhelming force and was unarmed, I would run.

Probably the same thing. Though some of them went for their guns. Oh and why were guards unarmed?? That sure defeats the purpose of a guard.

None of this would have happened at all if the damned State Department had pulled all of our people out of the area like the Brits and the Red Cross did.

Yup. 13 hours.

Well you may be right. I thought I read somewhere that some of the Libyan security forces melted away when the first shot was fired.

Libyan security forces and a sympathetic local militia helped the Americans to suppress the attack and get the diplomats inside to safety

Pretty good read on Benghazi.
What Happened in Benghazi Was a Battle
Plan A was always for Feb 17 to respond if the mission came under attack, which is what they did. The CIA Security Team at the Annex was plan B. However, the CIA Chief, as he listened to the gunfire coming from the mission, did not know that Feb 17 was already there, and that Feb 17 machine gun truck the CIA rescue team leader wanted, was already at the mission doing battle with the attackers.

All I can say is our people should have been pulled out. They had the anniversary of 9-11 coming up and warnings up the ass.

The Brits and the Red Cross pulled out because of those warning.

If our people had been pulled out there would have been no attack on Benghazi. No American. No need for any attack.

Our State Department fucked up big time.

All I can say is our people should have been pulled out. They had the anniversary of 9-11 coming up and warnings up the ass.

If our people had been pulled out there would have been no attack on Benghazi. No American. No need for any attack.

Some cut and run in the face of adversity. Ambassador Stevens chose to say and work to stand up a democracy in Libya.

Some cut and run in the face of adversity. Ambassador Stevens chose to say and work to stand up a democracy in Libya.

State was his boss. No matter what he wanted If they ordered him out then he would have been gotten out.

They didn't and he and three other good men died.

The State Department fucked up.

What would you have done if you were one of four unarmed guards at the front gate and attackers were pouring in via the pedestrian gate and by scaling the walls. If I faced an overwhelming force and was unarmed, I would run.

Probably the same thing. Though some of them went for their guns. Oh and why were guards unarmed?? That sure defeats the purpose of a guard.

None of this would have happened at all if the damned State Department had pulled all of our people out of the area like the Brits and the Red Cross did.
Ambassador Stevens didn't want the guards at the gate to be armed.

Well that was rather silly since they all knew about the warnings of an impending attack.

Slice The Great said:
Then Who Was The One Begging For Assistance ??
All the CIA Commander requested was transportation from the Benghazi airport to Tripoli. He had Feb 17 and the Libyan Shield. He really had all the shooters he needed to defend the Annex for five or six hours until daylight when he knew the LS could get his people to the airport No one imagined that the enemy had the capability of dropping five mortar rounds on top of the Annex in 69 seconds. That mortar crew was either very good or very lucky.

Forum List

Back