I can prove there was Benghazi stand down order.

When the attack commenced, everybody ran. One RSO, the Ambassador and Mr. Smith ran to the safe room in Villa C. Two RSO's and one of the unarmed Libyan guard ran and hid the "cantina in the Staff quarters." Two RSOs hid in the TOC. One unarmed Libyan guard ran for the militia barracks to get his weapon. Two other Libyan guards also ran for their barracks to get their weapons, but were captured and beaten. Some Libya guards in their barracks grabbed their weapons and ran, but later got into the fight.

I had read that as well. Some of them did fight but a lot of them boogied the minute the first shot was fired.
What would you have done if you were one of four unarmed guards at the front gate and attackers were pouring in via the pedestrian gate and by scaling the walls. If I faced an overwhelming force and was unarmed, I would run.

Probably the same thing. Though some of them went for their guns. Oh and why were guards unarmed?? That sure defeats the purpose of a guard.

None of this would have happened at all if the damned State Department had pulled all of our people out of the area like the Brits and the Red Cross did.

Ambassador Stevens didn't want the guards at the gate to be armed.

Well that was rather silly since they all knew about the warnings of an impending attack.
What warnings of impending attack? The mission was taken completely by surprise.

Forum List

Back