I can not lose

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Come the election in November I can not lose. No matter who we elect we are in for bad times, though with McCain they won't benearly as bad as with Obama.

But what I mean is if McCain loses, no problem since the same people that assured us Kerry and the Dems would sweep to victory in 2004 ( same as in 2002) insist Obama will win in a landslide and have a super Dem Congress to back him all the way.

If that happens, well I have been prepared by the 6 months preceding the election being reminded over and over it would happen.

If McCain wins, I will die of laughing and not have to worry about the future. The dems will go into melt down and start the " we were cheated" mantra again. There will be demands to change, yet again, the way we vote, cause losers have to blame someone other then themselves.

Either way, November looks to be a great time to come.

Come the election in November I can not lose. No matter who we elect we are in for bad times, though with McCain they won't benearly as bad as with Obama.

But what I mean is if McCain loses, no problem since the same people that assured us Kerry and the Dems would sweep to victory in 2004 ( same as in 2002) insist Obama will win in a landslide and have a super Dem Congress to back him all the way.

If that happens, well I have been prepared by the 6 months preceding the election being reminded over and over it would happen.

If McCain wins, I will die of laughing and not have to worry about the future. The dems will go into melt down and start the " we were cheated" mantra again. There will be demands to change, yet again, the way we vote, cause losers have to blame someone other then themselves.

You could move to Texas and knock on your neighbor's door with a pie and they could shoot you dead without consequence. Seems like a bit of a loss to me.

Both the candidates whom I wanted won, so I'm pretty indifferent. But the bad times couldn't be much worse than the previous seven years, with an incompetent administration, a Quixotic war, rising inflation, soaring deficits and the dollar hitting all-time lows. You have consumer confidence at an all-time low. You have Presidential approval ratings at an all-time low, lower than even Nixon, and Congressional approval is challenging single-digits.

However, we are going to have a stagnant economy for a while regardless who wins, even if it was Jesus Christ Himself who was running.

You could move to Texas and knock on your neighbor's door with a pie and they could shoot you dead without consequence. Seems like a bit of a loss to me.

No they couldn't. They'd be charged with murder and jailed. The court's decision in that cae is not supported by law. It's supported by overwhelming public approval. People are just tired of taking shit off criminals and them walking with a tap on the wrist.

That doesn't justify shooting them dead if they do not present a threat to you nor another person. It's just the mindset. The guy got away with murder.

I have to admit, I will gain a little enjoyment watching the tables reversed. Republicans accusing Obama of any-and-everything while Democrats refuse to acknowledge any of them to include the legitimate ones. They've been on the attack so long they don't even remember how to defend. All they do is deflect.

However, IMO, regardless which one wins, "We, the People" lose. They both suck. Neither, IMO, are what this Nation needs at this point in time.

We're in for some tough sledding no matter who is POTUS, that seems fairly obvious.

Neither candidate can just snap their fingers and fix the economy.

The solutions to our problems are long term solutions requiring political will.

Give the politicans of both parties will screw the other party even it means hurting the nation, and given that both of them are basically enablers for internationalist multibillionaires, and think of us and this nation as things to be exploited for their personal benefit, I'm not much expecting miracles.

A McCain election is only a continuation of the current failure. The only part of McCain that is truly scary is the loss of American rights as free individuals should he select another ideologue to the courts.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Unreasoned Caricatures: the Liberal Lynchpin to Victory

I have to admit, I will gain a little enjoyment watching the tables reversed. Republicans accusing Obama of any-and-everything while Democrats refuse to acknowledge any of them to include the legitimate ones. They've been on the attack so long they don't even remember how to defend. All they do is deflect.

However, IMO, regardless which one wins, "We, the People" lose. They both suck. Neither, IMO, are what this Nation needs at this point in time.
"we the people" have already lost! Are economy will be on a down turn for at least the next ten years. We got ourselves into this and it will take a long time to get us out of it.

Most of the history of American Politics has been a history of gridlock and finger pointing. With the power divided between the two parties, no one ever succeeds in implementing their agenda.

For 6 of the past 8 years Republicans firmly held power and did close to nothing with it. A major tax cut for the wealthy and a supreme court appointment. On economics (i.e. goverment spending) they were worse than their own worst nightmare of liberal government. The failure of the Republican government was by their own conservative standard nothing short of grotesque.

Now I'd like to see if a Democratic dominated government actually implements the agenda that they profess or whether they too will wimp out like the Republicans.

If they do, the American people, both the Conservatives and liberals, have to face the fact the we have NO representation in government, that both parties are full of shit, and we need major changes in our political system.

I really wish that I could say that Bush proved that the Conservative agenda was a failure. He did not. He just proved that he is failure as a conservative.

This is why I want Obama. If liberalism is sooo terrible. Let Obama either implement it and prove that it's a failure or see if he wimps out on it.

A McCain election is only a continuation of the current failure. The only part of McCain that is truly scary is the loss of American rights as free individuals should he select another ideologue to the courts.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

:blahblah:

Ravi Rote:
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Depends! If they hit the pie, it would be a loss, but if they took the pie and then shot him, I don't see the loss...

How so?

Maybe according the dying MSM and it's declining ratings, but wih 3% GDP growth, improvement in Iraq, and Bush leaving office, future's looking bright.

Hence the depression on the left.

No recession, victory in Iraq, DAMMIT!

Most of the history of American Politics has been a history of gridlock and finger pointing. With the power divided between the two parties, no one ever succeeds in implementing their agenda.

The road to hell is also paved with well intended compromises.

For 6 of the past 8 years Republicans firmly held power and did close to nothing with it. A major tax cut for the wealthy and a supreme court appointment. On economics (i.e. goverment spending) they were worse than their own worst nightmare of liberal government. The failure of the Republican government was by their own conservative standard nothing short of grotesque.

Ya' think?

Now I'd like to see if a Democratic dominated government actually implements the agenda that they profess or whether they too will wimp out like the Republicans.

Based on what I read of Obama's plans, it all seems fairly modestly democratic to me.

Basically a return to the tax policies of a decade ago, and winddown in iraq.

The overly ambitious health care plan concerns me for reasons I've enumerated many times.

If they do, the American people, both the Conservatives and liberals, have to face the fact the we have NO representation in government, that both parties are full of shit, and we need major changes in our political system.

I like to think that most americans have already figured that out.

I really wish that I could say that Bush proved that the Conservative agenda was a failure. He did not. He just proved that he is failure as a conservative.

Pithy as it is true.

This is why I want Obama. If liberalism is sooo terrible. Let Obama either implement it and prove that it's a failure or see if he wimps out on it.

Today's liberalism is yesterdays Republicanism-lite.

I don't expect tremendous changes to our system.

Too bad, cause we need them

Forum List

Back