I can not lose

Discussion in 'Congress' started by RetiredGySgt, Jul 1, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Come the election in November I can not lose. No matter who we elect we are in for bad times, though with McCain they won't benearly as bad as with Obama.

But what I mean is if McCain loses, no problem since the same people that assured us Kerry and the Dems would sweep to victory in 2004 ( same as in 2002) insist Obama will win in a landslide and have a super Dem Congress to back him all the way.

If that happens, well I have been prepared by the 6 months preceding the election being reminded over and over it would happen.

If McCain wins, I will die of laughing and not have to worry about the future. The dems will go into melt down and start the " we were cheated" mantra again. There will be demands to change, yet again, the way we vote, cause losers have to blame someone other then themselves.

Either way, November looks to be a great time to come.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    You could move to Texas and knock on your neighbor's door with a pie and they could shoot you dead without consequence. Seems like a bit of a loss to me.

3. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,073
    Both the candidates whom I wanted won, so I'm pretty indifferent. But the bad times couldn't be much worse than the previous seven years, with an incompetent administration, a Quixotic war, rising inflation, soaring deficits and the dollar hitting all-time lows. You have consumer confidence at an all-time low. You have Presidential approval ratings at an all-time low, lower than even Nixon, and Congressional approval is challenging single-digits.

However, we are going to have a stagnant economy for a while regardless who wins, even if it was Jesus Christ Himself who was running.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

No they couldn't. They'd be charged with murder and jailed. The court's decision in that cae is not supported by law. It's supported by overwhelming public approval. People are just tired of taking shit off criminals and them walking with a tap on the wrist.

That doesn't justify shooting them dead if they do not present a threat to you nor another person. It's just the mindset. The guy got away with murder.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I have to admit, I will gain a little enjoyment watching the tables reversed. Republicans accusing Obama of any-and-everything while Democrats refuse to acknowledge any of them to include the legitimate ones. They've been on the attack so long they don't even remember how to defend. All they do is deflect.

However, IMO, regardless which one wins, "We, the People" lose. They both suck. Neither, IMO, are what this Nation needs at this point in time.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    We're in for some tough sledding no matter who is POTUS, that seems fairly obvious.

Neither candidate can just snap their fingers and fix the economy.

The solutions to our problems are long term solutions requiring political will.

Give the politicans of both parties will screw the other party even it means hurting the nation, and given that both of them are basically enablers for internationalist multibillionaires, and think of us and this nation as things to be exploited for their personal benefit, I'm not much expecting miracles.

7. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,298
    A McCain election is only a continuation of the current failure. The only part of McCain that is truly scary is the loss of American rights as free individuals should he select another ideologue to the courts.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

8. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Unreasoned Caricatures: the Liberal Lynchpin to Victory

9. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    How so?

Maybe according the dying MSM and it's declining ratings, but wih 3% GDP growth, improvement in Iraq, and Bush leaving office, future's looking bright.

10. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Sounds like you already lost then.