I build myself

OsteInmar

Aug 22, 2018
I'm an old man, but I built myself a log house myself.
Now, I'm building "some structure" on my land.
Can you determine what it will be?

:04:

31608.jpg

Pergola? That's my best guess.

Way to hump it, btw. Not a bad couple of days work for an old timer. Respectfully.

That looks like old wood, too. It's clever how you pieced the posts together like that for the top beams to sit in a notch there in between them.

• Banned
Guys, thanks!
You have almost guessed right.
This structure will be Garage + Shed + Loft

This is not an "old tree", but a board that is covered with oil.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Guys, thanks!

A garage/shed/loft... hmmm... will be interesting to see how it turns out. Keep posting pics.

I've done plenty construction, carpentry myself so I'm interested. But frankly, from the framing you have there, I don't see your plan. No offense, just interested to see where this goes, not to mention your pick says MEMEIT in the upper left corner, like it's a pic of something you just found on the internet.

Are you bull shittin' us?

Last edited:
That looks like old wood, too. It's clever how you pieced the posts together like that for the top beams to sit in a notch there in between them.

Is there a term to describe how these posts have been joined? I've got to build a carport and am intrigued by this technique.

By the way, my house is made of logs ..
Excuse me, I will show only the side that is ready.
I do all these work myself.

31609.jpg

Is there a term to describe how these posts have been joined? I've got to build a carport and am intrigued by this technique.

It looks like it's simply a 4x6 sandwiched between to longer 2x6 boards and the joist is set between then then lagged in

He made a lap joint by using a shorter center piece of wood to create the notch. Dunno what the technical term is, because he didn't technicaly cut a lap joint there. Though, he created one.

Guys, thanks!

A garage/shed/loft... hmmm... will be interesting to see how it turns out. Keep posting pics.

I've done plenty construction, carpentry myself so I'm interested. But frankly, from the framing you have there, I don't see your plan. No offense, just interested to see where this goes, not to mention your pick says MEMEIT in the upper left corner, like it's a pic of something you just found on the internet.

31361.jpg

Is this enough for a start, an American carpenter?

Guys, thanks!

View attachment 215491

I didn't say I was a carpenter. I said I've done carpentry. My older sister was married to a guy that owned a lumber yard and construction company. I worked for them for awhile, and later I worked for a different carpenter too. But I'm a retired Master Harley Davidson Tech.

So this new pic... it's to show what?

It looks like it's simply a 4x6 sandwiched between to longer 2x6 boards and the joist is set between then then lagged in

Wrong.
- This is 6x6 meters
- foundation of concrete blocks, which are installed on a clay pillow
- the roof is the Russian construction of the "SLEGA " I'll tell you what it is.

Wrong.
- This is 6x6 meters
- foundation of concrete blocks, which are installed on a clay pillow
- the roof is the Russian construction of the "SLEGA " I'll tell you what it is.
So you're in Russia?

Guys, thanks!

View attachment 215491

I didn't say I was a carpenter. I said I've done carpentry. My older sister was married to a guy that owned a lumber yard and construction company. I worked for them for awhile, and later I worked for a different carpenter too. But I'm a retired Master Harley Davidson Tech.

So this new pic... it's to show what?
You are not a carpenter and you can not understand the corner joints of the wooden structures that I showed you.
Do you dare to criticize me?
You do not have anything, so stop talking.

Forum List

Back