I broke down and got Civilization V

Sep 12, 2008
Just plain Cool.

Graphics are beyond marvelous, the gameplay is great, it is as mesmerizing as the first one.

It odes crash at odd times, but it does auto saves.
You can't come back from the civolepdeia.

I played it all the way through once. It was great.

And that is where I have been for the last 20 hours, rather than talking to you wonderful people.

Still managed to get stomped on the easy level on my first try. But I did manage to stomp on the Chinese first.

So my post count is going to slow down a lot.

Just plain Cool.

Graphics are beyond marvelous, the gameplay is great, it is as mesmerizing as the first one.

And that is where I have been for the last 20 hours, rather than talking to you wonderful people.

Still managed to get stomped on the easy level on my first try. But I did manage to stomp on the Chinese first.

My son loves those games.

He's also into Age of Mythology and Age of Empires. Right now I think he's playing Uncharted2.

Just plain Cool.

Holy shit-----that will eat you alive quicker that cocaine. Be careful ! :lol:

They make you feel like you are productive and in control and all you are doing is mashing a keyboard.:lol:

That's like when I was playing Hitman 2 and I'd convinced myself that I was a sniper with sharp-shooting skillz.

Anyway, back to World Domination. All there that is on here is 20 threads by Freeman and CIA should take out Wikileaks threads. I am going to vanish for a bit of superior stupid

Here you are enjoying Civ V and I haven't even taken Civ IV out of the box to install it yet. Guess I should do that.

I'm still helplessly addicted to Civ I! :lol:

Gotta be careful, make sure I don't have anything that needs accomplishing... That shit'll soak up 5 hours in a snap, leaving me looking at a clock that says 1:00AM and no idea how I got there.

I actually own II and IV (Well, technically I stole'd em but I have them nonetheless) but I just can't get into that kabuki 3-d terrain.

Last edited:
Best part of Civ 5 is no unit stacking, so the 50 unit stack zerg is a thing of the past. Combat is far more tactical now.

Oh well, Civ 5 is the game for me now until Cataclysm comes out.

Shit. I'm struggling to get Civ 4 to work on my computer because it's a memory piggy. Now this? Oh how I fall farther behind.

Then again, I occasionally put in my copy of Colonization (the original) and play that. LOL Need me some more Sons o Liberty.

I remember civ 1. that was a cool game.
Civ II was the all time best. Civ III and Civ IV were a waste.
Civ V is nearly as great as Civ 1 for "What happened to the clock that it is suddenly 7 hours later?"
Unit stacking was a great way to get things done in a hurry.
I miss the caravans, and the fact you could use them to hurry production on a wonder.
Women's suffrage was the game ender for 1 and II. You got those, the game was pretty much won. You lost it, and it was game over dude.
I thought I would hate on the new way to do civilisation types, but they were instead what should have been done in the first place.
One huge game changer for me was the fact roads were no longer a cash resource, but were instead a cash drain. I used to have workers all over the place building roads on any tile that would take them

I also like the fact you can purchase tiles in the early game. It is a lot more realistic that way, as you build your city out to your resources. You get a funky looking civilization map for a bit, as you build your city along rivers and out to resources, but most early civilizations were built along rivers and around resources.

Best Civ game yet.

I liked III better than II.

IV was just too clunky for me. I still have it, but it's not nearly as interesting to me.

Must...have.....V

I wasted so much time on I and II, I forced myself not to get the later ones. :redface:

There's just something addictive about world domination.

I wasted so much time on I and II, I forced myself not to get the later ones. :redface:

There's just something addictive about world domination.

Don't get Rise of Nations then. Much less complicated than Civ and world domination comes much more easily. And I'll admit I like that too. :)

I remember civ 1. that was a cool game.
Civ II was the all time best. Civ III and Civ IV were a waste.
Civ V is nearly as great as Civ 1 for "What happened to the clock that it is suddenly 7 hours later?"
Unit stacking was a great way to get things done in a hurry.
I miss the caravans, and the fact you could use them to hurry production on a wonder.
Women's suffrage was the game ender for 1 and II. You got those, the game was pretty much won. You lost it, and it was game over dude.

Early on I'm frantic for the Pyramids. Some other asshole builds them = Kevin diverts all resources immediately to finding and conquering the city that has them, and damn careful not to accidentally destroy the city.

I always wished you could play against another human player. Can you do that in any subsequent civ's?

Forum List

Back