I bought a lotto ticket

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I bought it a few weeks ago when the pot was only around 30 million. Now it's 80 mill. What would I do with 80 million?

Or even 40 mill, which is probably what I would realize.

The main thing is I WOULD CONTINUE WORKING.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, in a pig's eye.

I think I would gather my family and head to Europe....rent a house somewhere for a year, and we would brainstorm on the best way to use the money, to assure it lasted but also to give us the things we most want out of life while we're living. That would probably mean a little chunk of land with several houses on it, a modest wheat & alfalfa farm, a few cows & horses.

That would take care of about 2 million.

A vacation house for the family on the coast, a nice one...that would be about another mill.

A little property in Scotland.

Other than that, trust accounts for the kids and use a chunk to invest, some monetary gifts to those nearest & dearest, and honestly, that's about all I can think of.

• Banned
Here is the Scotland property I have chosen:

House for sale on the north east coast of Scotland

lybster-house.jpg

dont brainstorm with your family...brainstorm with an investment advisor. plus you got to allot the damned taxes that will take about half...what pay out method..yearly or lump sum? if you take lump sum that will cut it by more....naw you hit the lotto...get an advisor...dont be like those people who hit it and are broke within 5 years.

there is a kick ass horse ranch here....the horse barn is damned nice...ac and all that...apartment above barn...main house....pasture and riding rings

• Banned
dont brainstorm with your family...brainstorm with an investment advisor. plus you got to allot the damned taxes that will take about half...what pay out method..yearly or lump sum? if you take lump sum that will cut it by more....naw you hit the lotto...get an advisor...dont be like those people who hit it and are broke within 5 years.

there is a kick ass horse ranch here....the horse barn is damned nice...ac and all that...apartment above barn...main house....pasture and riding rings

I already allotted the taxes. That's why I said 40-50 mill instead of the 80 that is up.

And my family has its own investment advisor...my brother in law. Smith Barney bigwig, real estate guru.

Forum List

Back