I Bought a Basketball Today

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
I haven't played in over 32 years, but I did it
1) for the cardio exercise
2) because I never want to lose a basketball game to Ted Cruz.

32 years..You really must have been huffing and puffing... I find the mind is willing but the body is another matter. I am surprised you tried basketball and didn’t put on some skates and give them a whirl after all it is probably easier to skate rings around Ted then it is to Cruz with him on the floor...

32 years..You really must have been huffing and puffing... I find the mind is willing but the body is another matter. I am surprised you tried basketball and didn’t put on some skates and give them a whirl after all it is probably easier to skate rings around Ted then it is to Cruz with him on the floor...
I've been pushing those Home Depot orange contracter carts almost every other day, talk about exercise *rolling my eyes*.
ONE of the stores makes you take the carts stored from the outside, you can't grab them in the isles, so by time you're done schlepping the cart in the store & all over, loading unloading, scoring/cutting stuff to fit the car, you are to weakened and tired to do your project. *L*

I haven't played in over 32 years, but I did it
1) for the cardio exercise
2) because I never want to lose a basketball game to Ted Cruz.

Got to get the 3's at our age..

Good for you..playing basketball is the most peaceful game in your mind plus it gets you a good work out.

Yeah, chasing the ball from airballs or off the backboard is always a lot of exercise. *L*
Just utilizing a basketball inside the house with simple indoor drills (like figure eight between the legs, behind the back etc)can make for a good cardio without it being boring like other workouts.

I've been pushing those Home Depot orange contracter carts almost every other day, talk about exercise *rolling my eyes*.
ONE of the stores makes you take the carts stored from the outside, you can't grab them in the isles, so by time you're done schlepping the cart in the store & all over, loading unloading, scoring/cutting stuff to fit the car, you are to weakened and tired to do your project. *L*
Lol... Yes the joys of those projects... I don’t miss them at all.. Especially the financial costs ... Did you build a basketball court to use that basketball on...Regardless good for you nothing wrong with keeping oneself busy ..I guess you might have to invest in a pickup at this rate or a wagon to tow all your materials around...I know you will adapt ... Too bad these stores can’t come up with a concept of driving your vehicle down the isles picking out what you need and then paying for it when you leave... Seems to me that is the easiest and smartest way to do it...

Lol... Yes the joys of those projects... I don’t miss them at all.. Especially the financial costs ... Did you build a basketball court to use that basketball on...Regardless good for you nothing wrong with keeping oneself busy ..I guess you might have to invest in a pickup at this rate or a wagon to tow all your materials around...I know you will adapt ... Too bad these stores can’t come up with a concept of driving your vehicle down the isles picking out what you need and then paying for it when you leave... Seems to me that is the easiest and smartest way to do it...
or at least pull in the back pickup service like even restaurants and Walmart does now.
A lot of the stuff on the shelves gets destroyed with those stacked pallets.
Some of the Sheetrock and most of the foam boards gets damaged at the edges, sometimes by customers handling them poorly, so it would be nice if they actually helped the customer. Although I'd be affraid they'd pawn those damaged
boards on us, not carring to pick the best ones like we would for ourselves. They do however reduce the damaged ones 70% off when supplies of solid pieces are almost gone.

Forum List

Back