I blame Palin

Vintij

Feb 13, 2007
Anaheim, CA
Look I am a registered Libertarian but I know what people are saying. Its time to point your finger and someone and I have been saying for months that Palin was a bad choice. When gen. Colin Powel based his endorsment entirely on the VP choice for Mccain, thats when it started to hit Republicans that maybe he made a mistake.

Either way, my point is this. As many conservatives have told me today and yesterday, If Sarah Palin is what the Republican party has to look foward to, if she is the shiny beacon of the future for this party......well they are in alot more trouble than we all thought.

Obama, the right choice for 2008. America has spoken, and Barrack Obama is our new president. Accept it, if not......im going to annoy you with the stupid "your unpatriotic" line that has been used on me since 2001 when I began my own personal anti-bush movement.

Look I am a registered Libertarian but I know what people are saying. Its time to point your finger and someone and I have been saying for months that Palin was a bad choice. When gen. Colin Powel based his endorsment entirely on the VP choice for Mccain, thats when it started to hit Republicans that maybe he made a mistake.

Either way, my point is this. As many conservatives have told me today and yesterday, If Sarah Palin is what the Republican party has to look foward to, if she is the shiny beacon of the future for this party......well they are in alot more trouble than we all thought.

Obama, the right choice for 2008. America has spoken, and Barrack Obama is our new president. Accept it, if not......im going to annoy you with the stupid "your unpatriotic" line that has been used on me since 2001 when I began my own personal anti-bush movement.

have at it hate mongerer. Obama is not my president. I will never support hate.

That moral minority/christian/religous right bullshit is over/finished. This country is liberal.

A lot of people want to be conservative for one reason or another, but ultimately they are liberal. They want stem cell, pot legalized, to give gays equal rights, etc.

They may not want all of these things, which is how the GOP divided us, but they want at least some of these things.

PS. The NRA is a radical organization that most people don't relate too. Even their members, if they thought it through, would not be ok with what the NRA wants. They want unfettered gun rights. They want to pump guns into our cities without knowing who's getting those guns.

But the NRA scares normal citizens into thinking the liberals want to take their guns away. And that is not the case.

Not only all this, but the NRA probably makes a shit load on defense spending. That's why they are in bed with the GOP. That's why the GOP uses the NRA.

I heard an ex conservative explaining this on the radio last night.

He also explained how/why the media never talked about Charles Keating or any of McCain's pastor problems. He said the GOP always stays on offense. So if Keating gets brought up, they ignore it and start talking about Rezko.

The GOP have run out of tricks. We know your next move before you even do it. Bastards.

PS. McCain was great last night. His audience, a bunch of racist sore losers. LOL. I hope they treat Obama better than they did Clinton.

:woohoo:

The first blame for Sister Sarah! I was wondering if anyone would!

It has been interesting to see the republican pundits so carefully blame the economic collapse for their loss, and not the hope for 2012.

Seriously... What do all of the USMB keyboard-quarterbacks think the map would have looked like with a McCain / Lieberman ticket?

How about a McCain / Rudy G.?

-Joe

If you are an American then Obama IS your President much like, like it or not, Bush was mine for 8 years. For real, dude.. your drama queen antics and unwillingness to move on conveys more about you than it does Obama or his supporters.

Palin, the nasty campaign she and McCain ran, and the stupidity over the economy. Not to mention the Bush lash back.

All you have supported that Ive seen of you is hate.

Obama is your president or you dont believe in this country and all it stands for.

Bush was not my president because he cheated to gain office.

Obama had to OVERWIN to win against the cheating.

He is the president of every American and if hes not your president you are not an American.

Powell didn't base his entire endorsement on Palin.

If I were a Republican I wouldn't blame Palin. She behaved like Republicans of the past, she stayed on message and she drove it home. IMO if not for Palin Obama would've easy gotten 60%+ of the popular vote and even more Electoral votes. Palin kept the base firmly in McCain's camp. IMO she should be thanked for saving the Republican party from complete humiliation.

and I'm saying this as a Democrat who would never vote Palin into office.

I'm a registered Libertarian as well, but I wouldn't blame Palin. The problem is with the Neoconservative movement in the Republican Party, and I wouldn't label Palin as a true neocon. The GOP have got a bunch of LBJ-style neoconservatives that have to go. Unfortunately, Conservatives didn't really have a place to go, so that gave Obama the election. Obama only got about 400,000 more votes than Kerry got in 2004, and McCain and company lost seven million voters from 2004. In fact, this election saw 3 million fewer votes than four years ago.

The country is still apathetic and Obama won because Bush screwed up. I just hope Obama doesn't mess things up even more, but it's certainly possible given the fact that Democrats control Congress. (And as everyone knows, the economy does MUCH better with a Republican-controlled Congress.)

I think I'm infactuated with Palin. What a hot piece of elephant. No kidding.

But her and Todd didn't look happy last night.

And did you see the quick hand shake McCain gave Todd? And the half hearted hug he gave Palin? I don't think they like each other at all.

Should have vetted her John.

Actually, should have run Romney. They may have won Michigan. LOL. I told you so.

But I do want to sleep with Palin. She is the hottest thing I've seen running for Pres or VP EVER!!!

I blame George W. Bush for running as a conservative. As for McCain, this guy is more left than right. Serves Obama to compare him to Bush.

Last edited:
I think I'm infactuated with Palin. What a hot piece of elephant. No kidding.

But her and Todd didn't look happy last night.

And did you see the quick hand shake McCain gave Todd? And the half hearted hug he gave Palin? I don't think they like each other at all.

Should have vetted her John.

Actually, should have run Romney. They may have won Michigan. LOL. I told you so.

But I do want to sleep with Palin. She is the hottest thing I've seen running for Pres or VP EVER!!!
I wonder if her kid will still get married?

I wonder if her kid will still get married?

I bet not.

Oh, and so much for the Bradley Affect.

And what about all Paperboy's bullshit polls?

I'm stunned. There is something I wanted to say last night and I still can't think of what it is. It was something that the republicans said on these boards that turned out to be total hogwash. When I think of it, I'll come back.

That moral minority/christian/religous right bullshit is over/finished. This country is liberal.

A lot of people want to be conservative for one reason or another, but ultimately they are liberal. They want stem cell, pot legalized, to give gays equal rights, etc.

They may not want all of these things, which is how the GOP divided us, but they want at least some of these things.

PS. The NRA is a radical organization that most people don't relate too. Even their members, if they thought it through, would not be ok with what the NRA wants. They want unfettered gun rights. They want to pump guns into our cities without knowing who's getting those guns.

But the NRA scares normal citizens into thinking the liberals want to take their guns away. And that is not the case.

Not only all this, but the NRA probably makes a shit load on defense spending. That's why they are in bed with the GOP. That's why the GOP uses the NRA.

I heard an ex conservative explaining this on the radio last night.

He also explained how/why the media never talked about Charles Keating or any of McCain's pastor problems. He said the GOP always stays on offense. So if Keating gets brought up, they ignore it and start talking about Rezko.

The GOP have run out of tricks. We know your next move before you even do it. Bastards.

PS. McCain was great last night. His audience, a bunch of racist sore losers. LOL. I hope they treat Obama better than they did Clinton.

You make some valid, albeit extreme, points Sealy. Obama didn't win because the country is liberal... he won because the country is moderate.

Moderate does not mean you support gay rights; it means you don't, for the most part, give a shit what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Moderate voters sided with Obama because they finally rejected the fallacy of trickle-down economics, thanks to Bush.

If the republicans ever renounce trickle-down Reganomics and get on board with the idea of tolerance for alternative lifestyles; if they stay true to the roots of conservative views regarding environmental conservation, government size and fiscal responsibility, they will win back the hearts of moderate voters.

Conversely, the minute there is a perception that the democrats are pandering to the extremist views of the left, the republicans won't have to work so hard to win moderate support. The more extreme the pandering, the more likely we'll see fear elect another G W Bush.

Americans want a moderate government and leaders with vision.

-Joe

You make some valid, albeit extreme, points Sealy. Obama didn't win because the country is liberal... he won because the country is moderate.

Moderate does not mean you support gay rights; it means you don't, for the most part, give a shit what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Moderate voters sided with Obama because they finally rejected the fallacy of trickle-down economics, thanks to Bush.

If the republicans ever renounce trickle-down Reganomics and get on board with the idea of tolerance for alternative lifestyles; if they stay true to the roots of conservative views regarding environmental conservation, government size and fiscal responsibility, they will win back the hearts of moderate voters.

Conversely, the minute there is a perception that the democrats are pandering to the extremist views of the left, the republicans won't have to work so hard to win moderate support. The more extreme the pandering, the more likely we'll see fear elect another G W Bush.

Americans want a moderate government and leaders with vision.

-Joe

I could not have said this any better. The Reagonomics trickle down theory has got to be put to rest. Obviously it has not worked and moderates agree with this, this country is overwhelmingly moving toward the middle and Obama is the perfect leader to cement that movement. Besides, nobody ever talks about how Reagan did Lower social security tax, but he taxed MORE people...Nobody talks about the fact that he reigned in spending a little but he exploded the defense budget to the largest amout ever during a peace time period. Seriously, the Reagonomics theory is just a name that hides what really is going on, pretend you are doing good things but keep doing the same old thing in a more subtle way. Thats Reaganomics in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Forget Palin, McCain was a bad choice. Had they chosen Ron Paul, I think he'd be our next president.

Forum List

Back