I believe in Bush

Originally posted by insein
Bully if Winston were alive today, you'd have his picture with 666 on his forehead. Their ideals are the same.

Actually Mr. Churchill, while sharing some of the same values as Dubbyuh, was a principled man who served his country as a naval officer in WW I and as Prime Minister in the face of the greatest threat to freedom the world has ever faced.

Dubbyuh, on the other hand, is an unprincipled little weasel who skated out of serving in 'Nam thanks to Poppy and Granpa Prescott securing his cushy sinecure in the Texas Air Force. He's not fit to clean the Mr. Churchill's boots, let alone be compared to him.

Clinton ignored the terrorist threat for eight years and refused Sudan's offer of bin Laden back in 1996 - the same year that bin Laden declared war on the United States.

That has been nowhere near proven. Here are a couple good reasons why Sudan wouldn't have handed over bin Laden:

1)UBL spread millions around throughout the Sudanese gov't through jobs and charities, it wouldn't be very smart on the sudanese part to kick out someone who has been so good to their economy

2)UBL was friends with the gov't

3)UBL left Sudan in the spring of 96 to go to Afghanistan
Bush has had to clean up Clinton's mess and actually confront real problems rather than try to talk them to death.

The fact is whether Clinton wanted to get al Qaeda or not, congress and the pentagon weren't going to go along. Then you get into 98 during the height of the Lewinski scandel when conservatives and many independents screamed "Wag the Dog" as Clinton tried to kill UBL in Afghanistan.

I also like the comparison to Reagan. The federal deficit under Reagan was bigger than the federal deficits accrued by Presidents George Washington to Jimmy Carter COMBINED. Reagan like Bush cut taxes and increased military spending. The result is, not surprisingly, is the same. In fact, you may recall that when Treasury Secretary O'Neil raised concerns about the deficit, VP Chency replied that Reagan proved that "deficits don't matter." The spending spree by this Congress that has led to a record growth of federal spending of 26% combined with a free spending president who has yet to veto a single spending bill makes a mockery of the term fiscal conservative.

Thank you! People have been comparing Bush to Reagan as if it's a positive. Glad someone finally agrees that being compared to the likes of Reagan is in fact a bad thing.

I find it very interesting that the Democrats have all of a sudden begun to place emphasis on Vietnam service as a qualification for the Presidency. Wasn't it just 12 short years ago when the Left claimed that military service doesn't matter, and that a draft dodger is just as qualified to be President as a WWII pilot?

Why the sudden change, Democrats?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I find it very interesting that the Democrats have all of a sudden begun to place emphasis on Vietnam service as a qualification for the Presidency. Wasn't it just 12 short years ago when the Left claimed that military service doesn't matter, and that a draft dodger is just as qualified to be President as a WWII pilot?

Why the sudden change, Democrats?

I'm not a Democrat, and I never voted for Goatboy.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
That has been nowhere near proven. Here are a couple good reasons why Sudan wouldn't have handed over bin Laden:

There is a sound bite of Clinton explaining why he didnt take the Sudanese up on their offer of Bin Laden. Are you seriously trying to claim that Clinton didnt have this offer when he has said otherwise atleast once?

Originally posted by megsand247
Thank you! People have been comparing Bush to Reagan as if it's a positive. Glad someone finally agrees that being compared to the likes of Reagan is in fact a bad thing.

Anybody who talks shit about Reagan needs to have a look at this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4204

Thats just his economic greatness, on top of that he singlehandedly brought the Soviet empire to its knees and brought pride back to being American after the clowns Nixon and Carter. There hasn't been a politician in the last 50 years worthy enough to lick his boots.

But hey the Demos got Kennedy and Clinton to hang their hat on, a couple of philanderers.

Forum List

Back