I asked for a woman's telephone number for the first time in over 30 years...

She didn't come. I called and she said she "forgot." She said she would call me later, but then didn't.

...she was delivering pizza to my house. I thought she was cute so I asked her if she was married. She said no.

I asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said she did but her relationship was on the last legs.

I asked her if I asked her out would she go with me, and she said not right away because she doesn't want to be the "bad guy."

She asked me if I was married and I said "no, I'm not married."

I told her I thought she was cute, and she told me I'm not bad looking either.

I said, OK, well you know where I live, I know where you work and she left.

A friend said "It doesn't count if you don't get her number."

So I called the pizza restaurant and ordered three cheesecakes to get a minimum $10 order. I asked them to send the woman to deliver it, asking for her by name.

They asked if there was a problem with my order and I said "no."

The woman on the phone said "I'm the manager, is there a reason why you want her to deliver the cheese cake."

I said, "Yes, there is a reason."

They sent her with the cheese cake and I got her phone number.

We agreed that I will call her in two weeks, to give her time to break up with her boyfriend.

Sunday, the two weeks is up and I plan to call her.

tenor.gif

...she was delivering pizza to my house. I thought she was cute so I asked her if she was married. She said no.

I asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said she did but her relationship was on the last legs.

I asked her if I asked her out would she go with me, and she said not right away because she doesn't want to be the "bad guy."

So I called the pizza restaurant and ordered three cheesecakes to get a minimum $10 order. I asked them to send the woman to deliver it, asking for her by name.

The woman on the phone said "I'm the manager, is there a reason why you want her to deliver the cheese cake."

We agreed that I will call her in two weeks, to give her time to break up with her boyfriend.

are we 12?

Well, I've finally given up on this woman and signed up for Matchmaker.

Matchmaker is a service to connect men to women and women to men. It's done done through the internet, but through a matchmaking service run by people.

I have been given my first contact, and tonight I call her.

Matchmaker is a service to connect men to women and women to men. It's done done through the internet, but through a matchmaking service run by people.

I've heard that a lot of people have success on those sites. Good luck to you.

Best of luck!

I just got back from my first date with my 12th match on Matchmaker.

She is an art therapist, and we talked about her art and we talked about my writing.

This is my first date through Matchmaker that I had anything in common with the woman I was set up with.

I will see her again Sunday morning at a coffee shop (her idea because we both like coffee).

A good looking chick with discounts on pizza and cheesecake?

You da man....

So the first woman, the pizza deliverer, goes on Facebook and says: "I have a fear I'm spending time on the wrong people, and I will end up alone."

Well, I know she's not talking about me, because I can count on my fingers the number of times we've seen each other since we met, and she almost never returns my texts and phone calls.

Today, she sent me a text: "I've been thinking a lot about you. Sorry I've been so distant."

So I write: "I know something's up. What is it?"

She says: "Nothing's up."
Then she says: "[Daughter's name] just got here. We are taking her dog to the vet. Brb."

Since then, nothing.

Something to think about and consider.

Ask her if she wants a relationship. Tell her that if she does it requires mutual respect, which includes returning a call or text.

I found the lady I'm seeing later today on OKCupid. I met her a couple of years ago and we haven't seen each other in a year. I'm looking forward to it. I plan to correct some mistakes I made before, which include not asking the right questions

Good luck to you

So the first woman, the pizza deliverer, goes on Facebook and says: "I have a fear I'm spending time on the wrong people, and I will end up alone."

Well, I know she's not talking about me, because I can count on my fingers the number of times we've seen each other since we met, and she almost never returns my texts and phone calls.

Today, she sent me a text: "I've been thinking a lot about you. Sorry I've been so distant."

So I write: "I know something's up. What is it?"

She says: "Nothing's up."
Then she says: "[Daughter's name] just got here. We are taking her dog to the vet. Brb."

Since then, nothing.

And this is why I don't get with women who already have kids.

What I think what this proves is that persistence doesn't always pay off.

Did you ask if she ever had an abortion?

No.

Did you ever ask your mother why she kept you even though you were a botched abortion?

What I think what this proves is that persistence doesn't always pay off.

Context matters. Persistence in learning to play the piano, will at some level.... pay off. But persistence in pursuing someone relationally, no of course not. If the other person isn't interested, then persistence will just damage what little positive relationship you have.

In fact, sometimes simply being too persistent itself, can damage a relationship. Someone who might have been interested, could find someone being overly persistent, to be desperate or clingy. Desperate and clingy will quickly destroy a relationship, even if it is only perceived.

Nevertheless, getting with a woman who already has a kid, is always problematic.

No.

Did you ever ask your mother why she kept you even though you were a botched abortion?
He loses every battle. He really needs to give up.

I'm not giving up, but I'm moving on.

I am taking someone out to dinner Saturday night. After our first date, she said she wanted to be friends, and she really means it because she returns phone calls and texts.

I decided I would like a female friend my own age other than my ex-wife, so I will see where this goes. Maybe she'll introduce me to her female friends. No harm in trying.

I am taking someone out to dinner Saturday night. After our first date, she said she wanted to be friends, and she really means it because she returns phone calls and texts.

I decided I would like a female friend my own age other than my ex-wife, so I will see where this goes. Maybe she'll introduce me to her female friends. No harm in trying.

Your ex-wife is a great friend to have. Sometimes a little wild after a few drinks, but I'm sure you already knew that,

Your ex-wife is a great friend to have. Sometimes a little wild after a few drinks, but I'm sure you already knew that,

This portion of the forum is supposed to be for friendly chats, but you are acting like a nasty person. If you do it again, I will have to put you on ignore.

Forum List

Back