I asked for a woman's telephone number for the first time in over 30 years...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...she was delivering pizza to my house. I thought she was cute so I asked her if she was married. She said no.

I asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said she did but her relationship was on the last legs.

I asked her if I asked her out would she go with me, and she said not right away because she doesn't want to be the "bad guy."

She asked me if I was married and I said "no, I'm not married."

I told her I thought she was cute, and she told me I'm not bad looking either.

I said, OK, well you know where I live, I know where you work and she left.

A friend said "It doesn't count if you don't get her number."

So I called the pizza restaurant and ordered three cheesecakes to get a minimum $10 order. I asked them to send the woman to deliver it, asking for her by name.

They asked if there was a problem with my order and I said "no."

The woman on the phone said "I'm the manager, is there a reason why you want her to deliver the cheese cake."

I said, "Yes, there is a reason."

They sent her with the cheese cake and I got her phone number.

We agreed that I will call her in two weeks, to give her time to break up with her boyfriend.

Sunday, the two weeks is up and I plan to call her.

I feel good.

I've been carrying a torch for my ex-wife but I need to move on.

...she was delivering pizza to my house. I thought she was cute so I asked her if she was married. She said no.

I asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said she did but her relationship was on the last legs.

I asked her if I asked her out would she go with me, and she said not right away because she doesn't want to be the "bad guy."

So I called the pizza restaurant and ordered three cheesecakes to get a minimum $10 order. I asked them to send the woman to deliver it, asking for her by name.

The woman on the phone said "I'm the manager, is there a reason why you want her to deliver the cheese cake."

We agreed that I will call her in two weeks, to give her time to break up with her boyfriend.

Well, that's great. However if I were that manager I would have said, "I will give the delivery lady this message and have her call you back." I would NEVER have sent her back to your house with those cheesecakes. That has nothing to do with you, personally and everything to do with "a man" calling the store and asking for a female delivery person to come to his door.

Well, that's great. However if I were that manager I would have said, "I will give the delivery lady this message and have her call you back." I would NEVER have sent her back to your house with those cheesecakes. That has nothing to do with you, personally and everything to do with "a man" calling the store and asking for a female delivery person to come to his door.
By your logic women should never deliver food to people, and yet, they do.

Uh-huh and that's already dangerous in my opinion, going up to people's doors as a woman alone and delivering stuff. To have a man call and ask for a specific delivery person? I don't blame you for doing it; you didn't have nefarious intentions. But the manager did not KNOW that and she sent her delivery person out. I'm saying it was then a personal contact and she should have said, "Give me your number and I'll tell ____ to call you if she wants to." Then the woman could have proceeded as she wanted and the manager/business would not be liable for that. See what I mean?

Uh-huh and that's already dangerous in my opinion, going up to people's doors as a woman alone and delivering stuff. To have a man call and ask for a specific delivery person? I don't blame you for doing it; you didn't have nefarious intentions. But the manager did not KNOW that and she sent her delivery person out. I'm saying it was then a personal contact and she should have said, "Give me your number and I'll tell ____ to call you if she wants to." Then the woman could have proceeded as she wanted and the manager/business would not be liable for that. See what I mean?
I see what you mean but you are assuming that there is something dangerous in women delivering food and I disagree, in my neighborhood it is not.

But I didn't want this thread to devolve into an argument.

I see what you mean but you are assuming that there is something dangerous in women delivering food and I disagree, in my neighborhood it is not.

But I didn't want this thread to devolve into an argument.

I don't want to argue either I'm just surprised that manager sent her back out. Again that is not on you, it's on her. I have a college age daughter who works as a server and her managers are thankfully always looking out for her, so that's my paradigm (it's a nice restaurant, not Hooters or anything, but still, some guys can really be jerks. No reflection on you.)

Anyway I hope it works out--good for you for stepping out there!

I don't want to argue either I'm just surprised that manager sent her back out. Again that is not on you, it's on her. I have a college age daughter who works as a server and her managers are thankfully always looking out for her, so that's my paradigm (it's a nice restaurant, not Hooters or anything, but still, some guys can really be jerks. No reflection on you.)

Anyway I hope it works out--good for you for stepping out there!

First and foremost Blackrook … SWEET... :113:

Now back to the delivery driver/Manager situation... For kicks and giggles lets say the manager/ordertaker was experienced enough to inform the driver of the request for her specifically... She will have the address and know its Blackrook, because she has not forgot him hitting on her... I am going to try to have enough faith in mankind that the fellow employee would give advance warning in a case like this...

Once again Blackrook … SWEET... :113:

Met her for coffee. She's just a few months younger than me, has three kids, all grown. She told me I'm "easy to talk to." She wants to take me to a concert.

Fingers crossed.

Forum List

Back