I applaud this young man

Anything one is passionate about is worth fighting for.

No. One has to choose one's battles or one makes oneself look silly and destroys one's credibility.

But we're having a moment of agreement, so I'll leave it at that.

The kid done good! ;)

Thanks, but one last zing...just because it goes against the majority or popular ideal, does not make it any less right...look at this kid. The other students are upset that he is causing a problem.

Sound familiar?

Anyhow, I am hoping that AllieBaba posts in this thread. I think Jesus gave him the magic decoder ring to judge this kid for being against God.

By the way, have you seen the movie Frailty? I think AllieBaba thinks he is one of the demon killers.

This kid sounds like an asshole. And there ARE plenty of studies that contradict global warming scareologists so the book is essentially correct when it says that global warming is up in the air.

The kid must have learned his schtick from Al Sharpton.

And isnt Taomans post a copyright infringement?

Thanks, but one last zing...just because it goes against the majority or popular ideal, does not make it any less right...look at this kid. The other students are upset that he is causing a problem.

Sound familiar?

Anyhow, I am hoping that AllieBaba posts in this thread. I think Jesus gave him the magic decoder ring to judge this kid for being against God.

By the way, have you seen the movie Frailty? I think AllieBaba thinks he is one of the demon killers.

Allie is a she..

This kid sounds like an asshole. And there ARE plenty of studies that contradict global warming scareologists so the book is essentially correct when it says that global warming is up in the air.

Please give us examples of said studies. The author(s) bonofides, where the studies were done, what samples were used and how conclusions were reached.

Or are you just spamming?

Interesting, I have always wondered at the conservative penchant to censor ideas they find controversial. One of the major conservative sites actually listed a group of books that should have been banned. It is a key action of all fascist societies.

Can a conservative explain why that is?

edit- they don't say ban:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=7591

Note the themes they dislike.

1. The Communist Manifesto
2. Mein Kampf
3. Quotations from Chairman Mao
4. The Kinsey Report
5. Democracy and Education
6. Das Kapital
7. The Feminine Mystique
8. The Course of Positive Philosophy - Auguste Comte
9. Beyond Good and Evil
10. General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money John Maynard Keynes

Honorable Mention

The Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich
What Is To Be Done by V.I. Lenin
Authoritarian Personality by Theodor Adorno
On Liberty by John Stuart Mill
Beyond Freedom and Dignity by B.F. Skinner
Reflections on Violence by Georges Sorel
The Promise of American Life by Herbert Croly
The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
Madness and Civilization by Michel Foucault
Soviet Communism: A New Civilization by Sidney and Beatrice Webb
Coming of Age in Samoa by Margaret Mead
Unsafe at Any Speed by Ralph Nader
Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
Prison Notebooks by Antonio Gramsci
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Wretched of the Earthby Frantz Fanon
Introduction to Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud
The Greening of America by Charles Reich
The Limits to Growth by Club of Rome
Descent of Man by Charles Darwin

I see no reason to have those books banned. I read Mein Kamph a few years ago. Hitler did exactly what he wrote in the book and his book was published before the war started. Interesting to note: Hitler had been turned down by a couple of art schools before he started his reign of terror.

I see no reason to have those books banned. I read Mein Kamph a few years ago. Hitler did exactly what he wrote in the book and his book was published before the war started. Interesting to note: Hitler had been turned down by a couple of art schools before he started his reign of terror.

I don't think we're talking about anything as serious as book banning. We're talking about false information being provided to students. I think it's fair for textbooks to be assessed for accuracy, no?

I don't think we're talking about anything as serious as book banning. We're talking about false information being provided to students. I think it's fair for textbooks to be assessed for accuracy, no?

Sorry, that was in reference to midcan's post. Should have quoted. Absolutely it's necessary for books to be critiqued for errors. Also, updated with new information that proves the old info wrong.

The kid must have learned his schtick from Al Sharpton.

And isnt Taomans post a copyright infringement?

Actually, my post is not a copyright infringement, unless they changed that law last night and I was not informed. If you post a complete article, and show the copyright info and source material, there is no violation...especially if no profit is gained from said posting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24018762

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More the reason to support school vouchers.

midcan5 said:
Interesting, I have always wondered at the conservative penchant to censor ideas they find controversial. One of the major conservative sites actually listed a group of books that should have been banned. It is a key action of all fascist societies.

Can a conservative explain why that is?

edit- they don't say ban:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=7591

Note the themes they dislike.

1. The Communist Manifesto
2. Mein Kampf
3. Quotations from Chairman Mao
4. The Kinsey Report
5. Democracy and Education
6. Das Kapital
7. The Feminine Mystique
8. The Course of Positive Philosophy - Auguste Comte
9. Beyond Good and Evil
10. General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money John Maynard Keynes

Honorable Mention

The Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich
What Is To Be Done by V.I. Lenin
Authoritarian Personality by Theodor Adorno
On Liberty by John Stuart Mill
Beyond Freedom and Dignity by B.F. Skinner
Reflections on Violence by Georges Sorel
The Promise of American Life by Herbert Croly
The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
Madness and Civilization by Michel Foucault
Soviet Communism: A New Civilization by Sidney and Beatrice Webb
Coming of Age in Samoa by Margaret Mead
Unsafe at Any Speed by Ralph Nader
Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
Prison Notebooks by Antonio Gramsci
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Wretched of the Earthby Frantz Fanon
Introduction to Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud
The Greening of America by Charles Reich
The Limits to Growth by Club of Rome
Descent of Man by Charles Darwin

Young minds cannot seriously engage in controversial subjects until they have a firm grounding in the basics. The conflict surrounds what those basics should be. Conservatives consider those books to be mostly controversial books that should be reserved for older or college students who have already a good founding in the basic sciences, the history of America, and the Constitution.

Today science, history and civics classes (if you can find them) have been eroded to the point where they are nothing more than liberal propaganda classes today filling childrens' minds with junk science and marxist philosophy. Mathematics have become almost nonexistent….kinda hard for liberals to spin geometry theorums…

Forum List

Back