"I and the Father are one."

There is no Trinity. Jesus made clear he is the SON of God. Nothing that has been posted disagrees with that, in fact it supports it. Jesus was clear he is NOT the Father, he is the Son.

Why are you ignoring this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/186970-i-and-the-father-are-one-2.html#post4203812

He isn't. He is simply acknowledging that unlike the post biblical creeds that seem to interpret the "oneness" to indicate that the Father and the Son are the same being, that Christ was specific in explaining that He and the Father are One, not physically, but in purpose and goal. That's why He prayed for those who followed Him to likewise be one with Him and the Father and each other.

I highly doubt that Jesus meant that we were all supposed to merge into one being.

The oneness they are speaking of is unity not physically. When we are married we are said to be one with our spouse but that doesnt mean we become the same person.
Where are you getting this from? Can you back that up by Scripture?

Jesus clearly professes that He is the Messiah and the path of salvation:
John 11:25 KJV - Jesus said unto her I am the - Bible Gateway

Here we see Jesus asking the question point-blank to Peter, who confesses that Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God--the prophesied Messiah:
Matthew 16:13-20 NIV - Peter Declares That Jesus Is the - Bible Gateway

In this passage, he makes it clear who he is and why we need him: it is through Jesus, and Jesus alone, and we can be restored to a relationship with God. This passage makes it clear that salvation is available only through Jesus, and not through any other source or religion:
John.14.6 NIV - Jesus answered, I am the way and the - Bible Gateway

There is exactly one way to God, according to the Bible: Jesus Christ. He declares that he is the way, the truth, and the life. No one will come to the Father except through Jesus:
John.14:6 NIV - Jesus answered, I am the way and the - Bible Gateway

And here's one of the numerous instances where Jesus shows up on the Old Testament:
Daniel 3:25 KJV - He answered and said Lo I see four men - Bible Gateway

When you read Psalms you will see David referring to Jesus in many different verses and chapters in many different ways.

Do you refute any of this? If so, please provide the evidence that supports your claims.

I don't relate to this post.

Hey Sky, Buddha taught basically the same thing as Yeshua. Only, Buddha called it "becoming enlightened" instead of telling people that "the Father and I are One", because as an enlightened being, you see your connection with all others.
Buddha was a false prophet. Jesus is the Son of God. Big difference.

Hey stupid.......Buddha didn't talk about God, he taught people how to live peacefully via the Noble Eightfold Path.

And.......fwiw..........Yeshua and Buddha didn't even cross paths, Buddha was around a LONG TIME before Yeshua.

Try again bigot.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Jesus is God.

These are believers:
"12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: " John 1

The "sons of god" was a title for angelic beings in the Old Testament (b'nai Ha Elohim in Hebrew). We are going to be put on the level and status of angelic beings in God's eyes through Christ. We will never be God or as God. We will be one with Jesus in that we share in His righteousness. but we will not have his power or authority.

Amen, Jesus is God and Amen to His Word.

One post, by one person, and I know that this person knows the truth of Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back