"I and the Father are one."

If you believe you are more than one person then you are considered mentally ill.

Doesn't this mean to be one with God the way Jesus was one with God?

It's called dissociative identity disorder.

Being with God, that's what it's called. Oneness with God. Finding God within your own heart. God speaks to all in a still, quiet voice within the heart.

Actually, there have been studies done with magnetized helmets and the brain.

The "God spot" is actually somewhere towards the front of the right hemisphere.

If you believe you are more than one person then you are considered mentally ill.

Jesus said "I and the Father are one." He taught the way to find God within you now.

Do you think God only exists outside yourself?

Do you think God is a solid person like yourself?

The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21)

Last edited:

Jesus said "I and the Father are one." He taught the way to find God within you now.

I don't think god exists at all.

The only person in my head is me.

Interestingly enough, in the very first verse of the Torah, God uses the name "ElOhim", which means "God of Many Powers" when He first created the Heavens and the Earth. It's also known as the first verse of Genesis.

Now, if you understand a little bit about physiology, you'll know that the thing that runs your whole body is the nervous system, which is powered by electricity. Same with the brain, your brain puts out about 20 watts every second you're alive. Most people understand the soul to be some kind of energy, so yeah........God exists within you (via your soul), as well as outside of you (via everything else).

Interestingly enough, there was a scientist back in the late 1800s who tried to prove the existence of the soul. He would take tuberculosis patients on the verge of dying, put them in a bed that was on a scale, and measured the difference between them. It came out to about 21 grams.

They only allowed him to run that experiment 5 times (4 times successfully, as a nurse messed up one of his readings), and then he was told to quit.

He then started doing the same thing to dogs (weighing them alive, just as they died) and found out that their body weight DID NOT change.

Doesn't this mean to be one with God the way Jesus was one with God?

Several things here..........first off, you have to remember that Yeshua was JEWISH and that He taught as a rabbi, which means that He would have known the Torah, and the Tanach, as well as other Jewish writings.

In that theology, they teach that God carves off a small piece of Himself, and puts in in the embryo created by your parents at about the 40 day mark, which is what is your soul. Interestingly enough, the human fetus doesn't grow a nervous system until around that point.

So basically what He was referring to, was that ALL OF US have a small piece of God inside of us (i.e. the soul), and that we are ALL a small part of God. Also what He was referring to when He stated "the Kingdom of Heaven is within".

As far as Yeshua being God? Nope. In one of the miracles that He did when He cast the demons out of a man and into some pigs that went over a cliff, after the pigs died, He turned towards the man and told him to "go forth and tell people what God has done for you through Me". In that statement, he made a very clear distinction between Him and God.

After Rome sacked Jerusalem and took parts of their religion and created the Catholic Church, they HEAVILY edited the Bible, mainly to focus the OT to point to the NT, and make Yeshua the prime character, with Revelation (again, HEAVILY edited) pointing towards His return.

Incidentally, the Rapture is a myth.

And...........fwiw...........you can't go ANYWHERE for eternity. Why? Simple actually, you have a beginning, so no, you can't go to hell for eternity.

However, you can go somewhere forever. John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotton Son, so that whosovever beleiveth in Him, shall not perish, but have EVERLASTING life".

Nope, eternity was not mentioned.

I do not agree with all of that, specifically the part where you say the Catholic Church edited the OT to make it point to the NT, but I do agree with the essentials of the rest of your post.

Interestingly enough, in the very first verse of the Torah, God uses the name "ElOhim", which means "God of Many Powers" when He first created the Heavens and the Earth. It's also known as the first verse of Genesis.

Now, if you understand a little bit about physiology, you'll know that the thing that runs your whole body is the nervous system, which is powered by electricity. Same with the brain, your brain puts out about 20 watts every second you're alive. Most people understand the soul to be some kind of energy, so yeah........God exists within you (via your soul), as well as outside of you (via everything else).

Interestingly enough, there was a scientist back in the late 1800s who tried to prove the existence of the soul. He would take tuberculosis patients on the verge of dying, put them in a bed that was on a scale, and measured the difference between them. It came out to about 21 grams.

They only allowed him to run that experiment 5 times (4 times successfully, as a nurse messed up one of his readings), and then he was told to quit.

He then started doing the same thing to dogs (weighing them alive, just as they died) and found out that their body weight DID NOT change.

I can make a clock that runs on the electric potential created by a potato

Does that mean a potato has a soul?

Actually, watch History Channel's "Banned from the Bible" parts 1 and 2.

You'll see just how much they edited it.

Did History Channel address the fact that the Dead Sea Scrolls contain a copy of Isaiah that dates back to before before Jesus was born that is almost an exact match with the Masoretic text? If not, why should I watch them attempt to prove that something happened that is clearly impossible? If they do I will watch to see how they dismiss the historical evidence actually proves the OT was not edited after the destruction of Jerusalem. I actually enjoy laughing at ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Actually, no. The soul is a small piece of God, assembled in a very special way with free will. Animals when they died and were measured didn't show any change in weight, so therefore, they don't have a soul, and neither does your potato.

Animals and your potato run on instinct and response to surrounding environment, they don't have free will.

Actually, no. The soul is a small piece of God, assembled in a very special way with free will. Animals when they died and were measured didn't show any change in weight, so therefore, they don't have a soul, and neither does your potato.

Animals and your potato run on instinct and response to surrounding environment, they don't have free will.

snopes.com: Weight of the Soul

Those experiments are hardly conclusive and have they been reproduced recently?

snopes.com: Weight of the Soul

Those experiments are hardly conclusive and have they been reproduced recently?

Not yet. Most people have a hard time with the methodology.

There is no Trinity. Jesus made clear he is the SON of God. Nothing that has been posted disagrees with that, in fact it supports it. Jesus was clear he is NOT the Father, he is the Son.

Why are you ignoring this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/186970-i-and-the-father-are-one-2.html#post4203812

He isn't. He is simply acknowledging that unlike the post biblical creeds that seem to interpret the "oneness" to indicate that the Father and the Son are the same being, that Christ was specific in explaining that He and the Father are One, not physically, but in purpose and goal. That's why He prayed for those who followed Him to likewise be one with Him and the Father and each other.

I highly doubt that Jesus meant that we were all supposed to merge into one being.

The oneness they are speaking of is unity not physically. When we are married we are said to be one with our spouse but that doesnt mean we become the same person.

Another idiot.

So, the person who accepts what the authorities spoon-feed him without question is smart, and the one who questions and thinks for himself is an idiot. Got it. :tongue:

Jesus never said anyone had the power to grant eternal life. The things you are talking about are clearly meant to apply to other things, not being God.

I strongly doubt that you understand what the words "being God" even mean, likewise the words "grant eternal life." The sad thing is that you probably THINK you do.

Another idiot.

So, the person who accepts what the authorities spoon-feed him without question is smart, and the one who questions and thinks for himself is an idiot. Got it. :tongue:

No, the person who applies instances where Jesus is talking about one thing to him talking about something else is an idiot. If you ever actually find out what I believe about God and what the Bible teaches you will probably have a real hard time finding the authorities who spoon fed me.

Jesus never said anyone had the power to grant eternal life. The things you are talking about are clearly meant to apply to other things, not being God.
I strongly doubt that you understand what the words "being God" even mean, likewise the words "grant eternal life." The sad thing is that you probably THINK you do.

Are you claiming you do? Please, lay it out for the rest of us. Who knows, you might be right.

Several things here..........first off, you have to remember that Yeshua was JEWISH and that He taught as a rabbi, which means that He would have known the Torah, and the Tanach, as well as other Jewish writings.

In that theology, they teach that God carves off a small piece of Himself, and puts in in the embryo created by your parents at about the 40 day mark, which is what is your soul. Interestingly enough, the human fetus doesn't grow a nervous system until around that point.

So basically what He was referring to, was that ALL OF US have a small piece of God inside of us (i.e. the soul), and that we are ALL a small part of God. Also what He was referring to when He stated "the Kingdom of Heaven is within".

As far as Yeshua being God? Nope. In one of the miracles that He did when He cast the demons out of a man and into some pigs that went over a cliff, after the pigs died, He turned towards the man and told him to "go forth and tell people what God has done for you through Me". In that statement, he made a very clear distinction between Him and God.

After Rome sacked Jerusalem and took parts of their religion and created the Catholic Church, they HEAVILY edited the Bible, mainly to focus the OT to point to the NT, and make Yeshua the prime character, with Revelation (again, HEAVILY edited) pointing towards His return.

Incidentally, the Rapture is a myth.

And...........fwiw...........you can't go ANYWHERE for eternity. Why? Simple actually, you have a beginning, so no, you can't go to hell for eternity.

However, you can go somewhere forever. John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotton Son, so that whosovever beleiveth in Him, shall not perish, but have EVERLASTING life".

Nope, eternity was not mentioned.

I don't relate to this post.

Hey Sky, Buddha taught basically the same thing as Yeshua. Only, Buddha called it "becoming enlightened" instead of telling people that "the Father and I are One", because as an enlightened being, you see your connection with all others.
Buddha was a false prophet. Jesus is the Son of God. Big difference.

Forum List

Back