I Amin Israeli right now. I bring facts.

It looks like you are having an awesome time!

It is too bad (IMHO) that your tour took you the 'backwards' way around the country. Jerusalem should be saved for last. That is what I read and that is what I did on my two visits. But I also didn't do an organized tour.

Pros:
  1. You get to go where you really want to go.
  2. You get to go at your own pace.
  3. You get to weave through the other folks who are on a guided tour, while the tour leader sometimes says, "OK, time to go, chop chop." (Yes I heard this)
  4. You get to rent a car and drive for yourself.
  5. You can stop whenever you like.
  6. You can eat when you like and where.
  7. You decide when your day is over.
  8. You get much more opportunity to actually interact with anyone you chose to.
  9. You get a better 'feel' for the country.
  10. Especially if you take a simple course in Hebrew and then see the smiles when you get it wrong.
  11. The supposed pro-Palestinians here cannot say you were led around to see only what 'they' wanted you to see.
Cons:
  1. You do not always have someone there to tell you the specific history of some places.
But some places you can even sort of get around the 'con' above. Tons of apps and downloads for various parts of the country, though mainly Jerusalem.

It sounds like you may have gotten bitten by the 'bug' and I do hope you think about going again on your own. I do not know nor ask what you spent on your trip. My two trips were two weeks each and I doubt that either one cost me $4k. And that includes everything, meaning I didn't compile the cost until I was home and paid everything off.

My last trip was in spring 2015 and I made quite an extensive thread here in this section about it, look it up. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Oh and Shabbat Shalom! It is 4:30am on Saturday there in Tel Aviv as I finish this post.

Last edited:

So ask questions about what I see, instead of your fantasies

what part of Israel are you in?

All parts! I stay overnight in Tel Aviv ^_^

Tel Aviv is great. So many wonderful things to see. If you get to Eilat, try to go into Jordan to see Petra. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. Also thee's a coffee chain called Aroma that makes amazing coffee. Come to think of it, you can't really get bad coffee in Israel. Even the gas stations have good cappuccino.

what part of Israel are you in?

All parts! I stay overnight in Tel Aviv ^_^

Tel Aviv is great. So many wonderful things to see. If you get to Eilat, try to go into Jordan to see Petra. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. Also thee's a coffee chain called Aroma that makes amazing coffee. Come to think of it, you can't really get bad coffee in Israel. Even the gas stations have good cappuccino.

Gillian,been to both countries a few times,Petra is incredible but so is much of Israel...Did you go to Mt Tabor,there is a small dome shaped church on the top in stone,only a small door at the front and no windows at all....but as you walk in and the sun reflecting into the inside...it is Spell Binding a mirage of White,Blue and Gold Mosaic,I have travelled widely throughout the world and never seen anything so arresting,splendid indeed,if you have a chance to see it Gillian try to.

I agree with Teddy,conducted tours are OK(I know as I was a Tourist Guide for EL AL many years ago) but hire a car and see hidden treasures and lovely people both Jews and Palestinian and sometimes both mingling at the same BBQ.steve

Last edited:
<snip>Did you go to Mt Tabor,there is a small dome shaped church on the top in stone,only a small door at the front and no windows at all....but as you walk in and the sun reflecting into the inside...it is Spell Binding a mirage of White,Blue and Gold Mosaic,I have travelled widely throughout the world and never seen anything so arresting,splendid indeed,if you have a chance to see it Gillian try to.

I agree with Teddy,conducted tours are OK(I know as I was a Tourist Guide for EL AL many years ago) but hire a car and see hidden treasures and lovely people both Jews and Palestinian and sometimes both mingling at the same BBQ.steve
Steve, I did go to Mt. Tabor on my first visit and you are correct, it is quite the place. One can see the whole of the Jezreel Valley from there. All the way to Meggido. But on the way, I also did see many peoples mingling at the BBQ's on the back side of Mt. Carmel on the way.

I visited, with a tour grip, Hebron . As well as Jericho and Bethlehem. I also visited a small village on the coast near Ceasarea.

I can't drive , so my trips are restricted to tour groups or public transport
Yes, you took the Abraham tours. I have researched them, and was going to take some this spring, but decided to buy a house instead.

It is too bad that you cannot drive, why if you don't mind me asking. A visit to Israel, well in my honest opinion, is soooooo much better on one's own. For all the reasons I already stated.

I had a stroke and my vision is impaired and I can't have my leg under control. I can still walk, I just can't tell my leg where it needs to be.

Automatic functions don't work right
Oh crap, sorry to hear that. Well then you have experienced Israel very well then. Because it can be difficult to get around and see stuff there even in perfect shape.[emoji6]
And I am not either.

Do You plan on visiting Arab villages?
There're a lot of beautiful places on the hills in the north.

I LOVE THE WARMTH OF WATER SWIMMING AT LAKE TIBERIUS IN THE EVENING AND EATING GRILLED FISH ON THE LAWN,Rylah,some twenty years ago,with Palestinian and Jewish(What I should say is Israeli friends)...it was sublime...I must do it again...steve ps I think the fish in the lake are called St Peter Fish

Forum List

Back