i am working for the census just mail the damn things back in

da man would like to assure everyone...i am not leaving the area to travel over 200 plus miles a day...to hunt down people in eric rudoph country....(my sorries to that part of the state) o hell we gotz us a full on rant going on about what i am doing and i am not doing...okay i got to stop typing...before he rips the moniter off the table....oooooooooo the threats...hell i thought he didnt want me to get hurt lol

Are you working 2 jobs? I just got my survey from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) asking me what I think of my current job.

no just one job...the census....i work for a ski slope..nov to march...then do a part time job in july and august...this census has really throw a wrench in my down time....what next jury duty? lol

again i am not counting people....its so very strange...i am checking proxies....and verifiying addresses....suddenly they are asking me to map..which i guess i fucked up when i made little map guy go with me...they think i can do that now....o the joke is so on them

i have been involved with the census since march 4, 2010....if it reads like a confession...well read on...its the most bizarro thing i have ever done....i am not an idiot..i realize when things are being done that are just stupid...example...1: my first training session lasted 6 days...then i worked for 8 days....nearly 45 % of the time was in training....then they called me again...would i like to continue...i would have to do 3 more days training....so sure...i trained for 3 more days...so far i have worked a total of perhaps15 hours....3 days training? what the hell? now i am in the quality control department....what i am doing now ...simple..if its a problem ..i get it...but here is the weird part...i may be the 6 th person to contact someone...one lady i was the 7th person...she knew the laws and called me on it, too. we are at the point right now that i am only getting the really weird mal....really weird...problems that are still unresolved...

and this is not from people not answering the forms..this is simply repair work from the orginal mapping etc...once they ditched the hhc...it got dicey.seems the hhc's would say there were uploading but did not...so a lot of areas are having to be remapped...at the last minute...

many times the qe's see the problem..but the office has not given you the starting point to discover the problem..at first we were writing notes explaining...we know what you want to know..but this will not discover it..with complex drawings etc...told to stop that..just stop it. if the qdc didnt discover the problem then there was no problem.

on one hand we are being told that they want this to be the most comprehensive and errorless census on record..well its not...then i am being given assignments and being told to "put them to bed, one way or another"....

i have been given maps that have taken me into the middle of nowhere....miles into the middle of nowhere..the map shows the road going into another road..it just goes into the woods for miles...

some of the people you see...cant resist fucking with ya....but no one is violent or mean....just ..hey i sent it in...(they were using that line before the forms were mailed)
or the ones i love ...who avoid us...i have one be a proxy for a bunch of addresses...gave a false name that when you pronounced it...you got it...apparently the pe...didnt get it....but i tracked her down...lol...i swear i felt like i was stalking her..

but i will admit...i do enjoy....putting them to bed....so fill that mal out..mail it back...or i will be on your doorstep...

I think it is too late to send back the mail out questionnaire as the non response follow up effort has started and a lot of people, perhaps 30 percent of the households, which is on the order of 39 million, will be visited by a censs worker asking for an interview.

We know who sent the thing in at the time the new address listing was published and in many cases new questionnaires come in while the new lists are being produced. This is a huge process in terms of numbers of documents to handle so there will be some booking error so to speak.

Forum List

Back