I am VERY ready to go home. Another hour, 10 mins, or so.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
That's all.

My boss received a request for help on a project from another department; I was cc'd. She was out of the area, so told the requesting, via reply email, I'd 'give it a shot (to finish the spreadsheet they needed help with before a specific time)'. Later she chastised me for responding in a 'disrespectful' way - a way that will only increase 'stress' on the person asking. She went on saying the person asking was 'VERY busy' and my flippant remark could only serve to frustrate him; I shouldn't be so casual in my emails. Cut and dry...that's the Army way.

Can you have this for me by 1500 today?

"I'll give it a shot"

Unprofessional. Disrespectful. Flippant.

Right. Sure.

I just don't get it.

rant over.

-=d=- said:
That's all.

My boss received a request for help on a project from another department; I was cc'd. She was out of the area, so told the requesting, via reply email, I'd 'give it a shot (to finish the spreadsheet they needed help with before a specific time)'. Later she chastised me for responding in a 'disrespectful' way - a way that will only increase 'stress' on the person asking. She went on saying the person asking was 'VERY busy' and my flippant remark could only serve to frustrate him; I shouldn't be so casual in my emails. Cut and dry...that's the Army way.

Can you have this for me by 1500 today?

"I'll give it a shot"

Unprofessional. Disrespectful. Flippant.

Right. Sure.

I just don't get it.

rant over.

What, no smilie?

hell i was ready to go home at 1900 (thats 7 to civilians and national guardsmen :laugh: ) but that didnt stop me from getting off at 9! cant beat over time though

that is what you get for taking time out from posting to do work and help others

remember no good deed goes unpunished

Forum List

Back