I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
I just wanted to take a moment to commemorate the words of a fine American and an historically revered US President!

I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=15303

Citation: Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.," June 12, 1936.

37931456.jpg

It is error both to judge the present by the past, and to judge the past by the present.

I just wanted to take a moment to commemorate the words of a fine American and an historically revered US President!

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.

Citation: Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.," June 12, 1936.

37931456.jpg
What a beautiful statue! And to think it's been there for 80 years not bothering a soul....until the iLiberati hatched their plan.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.

37931456.jpg
What a beautiful statue! And to think it's been there for 80 years not bothering a soul....until the iLiberati hatched their plan.

Is that statue in black face? OMG I'm offended!!!

It is error both to judge the present by the past, and to judge the past by the present.
As I have said many times-it's a false Grievience to evaluate 150 years ago via today's perspectives which are generally more developed.

I am no artist-----but it looks to me like a beautiful sculpture
It's more of a mold pour...

so? that's how some of them are done. ----try to remember-----an artist has to MAKE THE
MOLD--------they are not mass produced in china.--------uhm----you want to call the product of
a mold ----"not a sculpture" ? ok------I do not know the lingo

I am no artist-----but it looks to me like a beautiful sculpture
It's more of a mold pour...

so? that's how some of them are done. ----try to remember-----an artist has to MAKE THE
MOLD--------they are not mass produced in china.--------uhm----you want to call the product of
a mold ----"not a sculpture" ? ok------I do not know the lingo
Well you know how it is with us hair splitters...Going bald..

Forum List

Back