I am the Way and the Truth and the Life;

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me

This means that many other religions, such as the (catholics and jews) have any way to reach God.

Granny says, "Dat's right - an' if any of `em vote against it - smack `em upside o' the head with a King James version...
:eusa_eh:
Resolution Asks Congress to Recognize 400th Anniversary of KJV –‘The Bible of the Founding Fathers’
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - President Andrew Jackson called it “The Rock upon which our Republic Rests.”
President Ronald Reagan said: “(I)t is an incontrovertible fact that all the complex and horrendous questions confronting us at home and worldwide have their answer in that single book.’’ The book to which they referred is the Holy Bible – specifically, the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. A group called the Bible Nation Society held a rally Tuesday morning in Washington at the U.S. Capitol Reflecting Pool to get the attention of returning members of the House and Senate for a resolution which formally recognizes the 400th anniversary of the KJV.

“At the 300th anniversary, then-President Taft and (British monarch) King George had joint meetings recognizing the 300th anniversary, so we thought it would be fitting for our government and our Congress to recognize the 400th anniversary of probably the most influential book of all time,” Jason Georges, executive director of the Bible Nation Society told CNSNews.com. House Concurrent Resolution 38, which was introduced into the House of Representatives April 12 by Reps. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.) and Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.), cites the KJV for its “unique contributions,” which the congressmen say includes the fact that it “has entered into the very culture of the United States through a myriad of poetry, speeches, sermons, music, songs and literature.”

Rahall called the KJV “a monument to the power and persuasion of the written word.” “Its poetry is unmatched, and its influence on the English-speaking world is immense. I hope the Congress will take a moment to recognize and reflect on its many contributions to our Nation,” he said. The sponsors said they had hoped their resolution would be approved before Congress left for its Easter Recess, however, the budget discussions had sidelined it. Georges said that part of the importance of the KJV stems from the fact that billions of bibles have been printed in 400 years.

“Because of this printing and distribution over the past 400 years, this book has almost single-handedly shaped the English-speaking world,” Georges said. “For example, over 250 English idioms derive from the King James Bible – for instance, ‘An Eye for an Eye,’ or ‘You Reap What You Sow’ – and so as the King James Bible caused the English language to solidify, it also made English-language speakers to speak the same because we all were reading the same book.” However, the resolution also notes the fact that presidents and other officials take their oaths of office on the Bible – and that “the teachings of the Scriptures, particularly read from the King James Scriptures, have inspired concepts of civil government contained in our founding documents, and subsequent laws.”

MORE

Forum List

Back