I am the gardenman

gardenman

Rookie
Oct 9, 2009
TGIF....

I live in the northeast and grow a huge garden every year....hence my nic....lol....This is not my first foray into message boards but this is by far the largest I have ever joined.I am currently unemployed(laid off Aug 27th)so I will probably be posting quite a bit until I can find work again.

I am an animal lover but not in the PETA sense....lol...I am for a smaller,less intrusive government and have deep respect for our brave men and women serving our country.

hi, some of us garden....lots of animal people..not in the peta sense here...see the pet forum....and the arts and crafts forum...

unfortunately no one reads the military section....its like the kiss of death for a thread...but some do try to keep the issue at the front of people's minds....

welcome and enjoy

Hello gardenman - Welcome to the playground. Take a deep breath. Sit back and relax. Now, tell us what's on your mind.

TGIF....

I live in the northeast and grow a huge garden every year....hence my nic....lol....This is not my first foray into message boards but this is by far the largest I have ever joined.I am currently unemployed(laid off Aug 27th)so I will probably be posting quite a bit until I can find work again.

I am an ani*** lover but not in the PETA sense....lol...I am for a s***ler,less intrusive government and have deep respect for our brave men and women serving our country.
Welcome, dirt farmer! What do you plant? How big is a huge garden?

TGIF....

I am an ani*** lover but not in the PETA sense....lol...I am for a s***ler,less intrusive government and have deep respect for our brave men and women serving our country.
Why do the asterisks show in your post, not in the text window when I'm typing and then show up again when I post?

Is that magic or what?

"I am an ani*** lover but not in the PETA sense....lol...I am for a s***ler,less intrusive government and have deep respect for our brave men and women serving our country."

Why do the asterisks show in your post, not in the text window when I'm typing and then show up again when I post?
I don't know really....still trying to learn the ropes of this place...lol

thanx....funny you should call me that as my wife calls me the same...I used to be a sod farmer!!!...lol...about a thousand square feet,and all kinds of stuff....too much rain this year though

rain was hard on us this year....us being western nc...there gardenman.... sure was....I only watered 5 times all season!!!...my tomato yield was good considering the battle with disease all year..

Hello gardenman - Welcome to the playground. Take a deep breath. Sit back and relax. Now, tell us what's on your mind.

thanx Big Black Dog.....lots of stuff on my mind...lol....too much for one day that's for sure!!!

Tough season for us this year wasn't it?
you ain't kiddin...cukes and squash were lousy.....taters were decent...corn was too...the best crop this year for me was green beans!!!...lotsa frozen beans in the freezer...lol..

I don't know really....still trying to learn the ropes of this place...lol

thanx....funny you should call me that as my wife calls me the same...I used to be a sod farmer!!!...lol...about a thousand square feet,and all kinds of stuff....too much rain this year though

rain was hard on us this year....us being western nc...there gardenman.... sure was....I only watered 5 times all season!!!...my tomato yield was good considering the battle with disease all year..

thanx Big Black Dog.....lots of stuff on my mind...lol....too much for one day that's for sure!!!

Tough season for us this year wasn't it?
you ain't kiddin...cukes and squash were lousy.....taters were decent...corn was too...the best crop this year for me was green beans!!!...lotsa frozen beans in the freezer...lol..

Next thing you need to cultivate is familiarity with the quote commands.:lol:

Use [ Q U O T E ] to open and [ / Q U O T E ] to close. (leave out the spaces when you type the commands. I had to include them or it would have showed up as

to open and
to close.)

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back