I am so sick of white guys committing mass murder. Another one in Kentucky.

18 since the first of the year?

The latest:

28061130_1849227918443374_7528863402398970574_o.jpg

And, per capita, seems legit, unlike our prisons full of black at a disportinate rate

Statistics

-Geaux

You have to give credit where credit is due ...

Former Attorney General Holder took great measure towards reducing the disparaging number of minorities in prison.
He simply instructed law enforcement to circumvent mandatory sentencing requirements legislated by Congress.

Sound policy on the part of the DOJ during the previous administration ... Ignore the law.

The judiciary, not law enforcement, control sentences, and the last time I looked the DOJ. didn’t control judges. Additionally the only law enforcement agency in the DOJ’s purview is the F.B.I., and under James Comey’s direction, were studiously separated from politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The judiciary, not law enforcement, control sentences, and the last time I looked the DOJ. didn’t control judges. Additionally the only law enforcement agency in the DOJ’s purview is the F.B.I., and under James Comey’s direction, were studiously separated from politics.

Pay attention ... The judiciary cannot apply sentencing requirements if law enforcement doesn't do what is necessary to invoke them.
Holder told them not to weigh the drugs ... Because the weight is what triggers the mandatory sentencing requirements as legislated by Congress.

Furthermore ... It's not up for question because former AG Holder never denied doing it ...
And even touted doing so as a means to reduce what he considered to be unfair minority prison populations.

Current AG Sessions has since reversed the exercise.

Joseph Nickell Killed 4 People in Johnson County, Kentucky, Police Say

joseph-nickell.jpg

Kentucky? You know that's not a Democrat.

What causes it? Why are white guys so trigger happy? Seems like they want to run out and shoot everyone they can. How do we put a stop to it? Is there a way?

Do white males account for a majority of mass shootings?

White men have committed more mass shootings than any other group
blacks commit murder at over FOUR times the rate of whites
from 1980 to 2008 it was EIGHT times HIGHER
The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than whites
Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia
Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
blacks murder mostly blacks:
Murder in the U.S.: victims by race/ethnicity and gender 2016 | Statistic
how come you are not tired of black murderers?--they commit murder at much higher rates
you must be a racist white hater

You know what they say, statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to. What is evident to me though is that murder, tied to hatred of the other, and thus justified in the mind of the perpetrator, is a white, male, phenomenon. Black murder is usually personal, and confined to members of the same race due to some petty conflict or perceived slight. Neither rationale can be condoned as acceptable motive for murder or ranked, one above the other. Both are tragic and equally reprehensible.

joseph-nickell.jpg

What causes it? Why are white guys so trigger happy? Seems like they want to run out and shoot everyone they can. How do we put a stop to it? Is there a way?

joseph-nickell.jpg

They are sick and tired of having to be politically correct. If they're made to keep bottled up inside What they really want to express. It will come out in a non rational way.

Pay attention ... The judiciary cannot apply sentencing requirements if law enforcement doesn't do what is necessary to invoke them.
Holder told them not to weigh the drugs ... Because the weight is what triggers the mandatory sentencing requirements as legislated by Congress.

Furthermore ... It's not up for question because former AG Holder never denied doing it ...
And even touted doing so as a means to reduce what he considered to be unfair minority prison populations.

Current AG Sessions has since reversed the exercise.

This is an example of fake news or just made up facts to buttress a particular narrative. Even AG Holder is bound by the law, and indeed your false assertions are up for question. Common sense refutes the lies you tout as fact. What inept lawyer would openly confess to breaking the law? Even a brash and dIsmissive Donald Trump wouldn’t go on the record willfully ignoring federal statute. Minority populations are indeed an indication of racism and bias in the legal system, and of laws administrated unequally. In the vast majority of these cases, adjudicated in state and municipal courts, the Justice Department has no role or jurisdiction. I’m sure that AG Holder has offered his opinion on this disparity, but to suggest that he has acted illegally to address it, is a lie.

This is an example of fake news or just made up facts to buttress a particular narrative. Even AG Holder is bound by the law, and indeed your false assertions are up for question. Common sense refutes the lies you tout as fact. What inept lawyer would openly confess to breaking the law? Even a brash and dIsmissive Donald Trump wouldn’t go on the record willfully ignoring federal statute. Minority populations are indeed an indication of racism and bias in the legal system, and of laws administrated unequally. In the vast majority of these cases, adjudicated in state and municipal courts, the Justice Department has no role or jurisdiction. I’m sure that AG Holder has offered his opinion on this disparity, but to suggest that he has acted illegally to address it, is a lie.

Look up what you are attempting to talk about instead of insisting on something you have completely wrong ... :thup:
Damn ... You can look at the Wiki for AG Sessions and find where he reversed the exercise.

"On May 12, 2017, Sessions ordered federal prosecutors to begin seeking the greatest criminal charges possible.[143] The new guidelines rescinded a memo by Attorney General Eric Holder that had sought to reduce mass incarceration by avoiding mandatory sentencing.[2]"

Jeff Sessions - Wikipedia

Look up what you are attempting to talk about instead of insisting on something you have completely wrong ... :thup:
Damn ... You can look at the Wiki for AG Sessions and find where he reversed the exercise.

"On May 12, 2017, Sessions ordered federal prosecutors to begin seeking the greatest criminal charges possible.[143] The new guidelines rescinded a memo by Attorney General Eric Holder that had sought to reduce mass incarceration by avoiding mandatory sentencing.[2]"

Jeff Sessions - Wikipedia

The memo quoted in the Wikipedia article refers to mass incarcerations as a result of the new Trump policy on illegal immigration. This in no way is connected to African American over representation in state prisons or as you falsely assert, the weighing or not weighing of narcotics in drug cases. Quoting sources that you obviously didn’t read or understand just underlines the problem any serious discussion has with totally ignorant assertions made by those with an agenda to tout.

The memo quoted in the Wikipedia article refers to mass incarcerations as a result of the new Trump policy on illegal immigration. This in no way is connected to African American over representation in state prisons or as you falsely assert, the weighing or not weighing of narcotics in drug cases. Quoting sources that you obviously didn’t read or understand just underlines the problem any serious discussion has with totally ignorant assertions made by those with an agenda to tout.

You are still wrong ... It specifically states it rescinds AG Holder's memo.
Chew on your crayons some more ... :thup:

I’m wrong because you say so. That’s circular logic and no matter how long you drone on, simply a lie. Memo’s have no legal impact, simply intra agency communication. Just what is “it”in your post? And what crayons are you referring to?

I’m wrong because you say so. That’s circular logic and no matter how long you drone on, simply a lie. Memo’s have no legal impact, simply intra agency communication. Just what is “it”in your post? And what crayons are you referring to?

You're not wrong because I say so.
You're wrong because you don't what you are talking about.

If you had clue what you were talking about ... Then you would realize where you were wrong.
I told you to investigate the matter before repeating your incorrect assumptions.

If you don't want to ... Fine ... Chew on your crayons some more.

Point of fact : the memo you refer to is an intra-agency communication from the then AG Holder instructing prosecutors in federal cases to only charge the most serious violations of law provable in federal cases, avoiding charging first time offenders with minor violations, exposing these minor offenses to harsh mandatory sentences. Sessions, a long time extremist on sentencing, advocating mandatory life sentences in federal drug cases, including marijuana convictions, rescinded the memo widely credited with slowing the overall rates of incarceration and racially biased application of the law.

I am so sick of progressives making skin color the focus of every issue. Another one did it here in this thread.

Guess we’ll just have to ignore the truth because you’re tired of how it makes whites feel, what? Ashamed, responsible, frightened? Maybe these feelings will encourage solutions, that’s why truthful discussions are important in a democracy.

Point of fact : the memo you refer to is an intra-agency communication from the then AG Holder instructing prosecutors in federal cases to only charge the most serious violations of law provable in federal cases, avoiding charging first time offenders with minor violations, exposing these minor offenses to harsh mandatory sentences. Sessions, a long time extremist on sentencing, advocating mandatory life sentences in federal drug cases, including marijuana convictions, rescinded the memo widely credited with slowing the overall rates of incarceration and racially biased application of the law.

I know the details ... I don't care what your opinion on the matter is ... :dunno:

The fact is that if the weights are not recorded ... Mandatory sentencing requirements legislated by Congress don't apply.
Those requirements are pegged to the weight of the drugs confiscated.
Prosecutorial discretion doesn't change the fact that without the weights being recorded ... Mandatory sentencing is not required.

I never suggested that AG Holder didn't have the power or ability to do it.
I am simply saying that it was wrong and has been corrected.

I know the details ... I don't care what your opinion on the matter is ... :dunno:

The fact is that if the weights are not recorded ... Mandatory sentencing requirements legislated by Congress don't apply.
Those requirements are pegged to the weight of the drugs confiscated.
Prosecutorial discretion doesn't change the fact that without the weights being recorded ... Mandatory sentencing is not required.

I never suggested that AG Holder didn't have the power or ability to do it.
I am simply saying that it was wrong and has been corrected.

There you go again. Directing the FBI to ignore the law wasn’t part of the memo. The memo was sent to district U.S. attorneys, not James Comey. You keep insisting on this complete fabrication. I guess that you subscribe to a common Trump tactic, lie big, loud, and often. All you need now is a megaphone.

There you go again. Directing the FBI to ignore the law wasn’t part of the memo. The memo was sent to district U.S. attorneys, not James Comey. You keep insisting on this complete fabrication. I guess that you subscribe to a common Trump tactic, lie big, loud, and often. All you need now is a megaphone.

It isn't a fabrication ... It was on record long before President Trump was in office.

Hell ... The first time I heard about it was on NPR years ago when the were patting AG Holder on the back.
They were praising his efforts to thwart what they considered unfair legislation.

Whatever you post won't change the fact AG Holder issued instructions in his memo ...
Nor will it change the fact AG Sessions rescinded those instructions.

But really ... You don't need to explain how you don't know what you are talking about any further.
I can wait until you get through with the burnt orange and peach crayons ... Take your time and savor the flavor.

It isn't a fabrication ... It was on record long before President Trump was in office.

Hell ... The first time I heard about it was on NPR years ago when the were patting AG Holder on the back.
They were praising his efforts to thwart what they considered unfair legislation.

Whatever you post won't change the fact AG Holder issued instructions in his memo ...
Nor will it change the fact AG Sessions rescinded those instructions.

But really ... You don't need to explain how you don't know what you are talking about any further.
I can wait until you get through with the burnt orange and peach crayons ... Take your time and savor the flavor.

You’re delusional, like most other Trump supporters. What you think you know is an illusion, created by your need to always feel superior to others, mated to the creeping realization that you really aren’t. Now I realize that no amount of fact checking will shake your belief in a lie. It stupefied me when Trump was elected, how so many people couldn’t see through this disaster with orange hair waiting to happen. I just couldn’t believe that some people could ignore the reality of America and swallow the dark vision of such a mean and devious manipulator. But now the more I look and listen, the stronger the realization that this studied, stubborn stupidity is a sham. That those who have ushered in this madman know all too well what he is bent on doing, and fully endorse this new repression of minorities, their communities, their cultures and ambitions. Those of us who resist this retrenchment will remember those of you who have calculatedly supported the despots.

Forum List

Back