I am so sick of RAIN

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
It's making me absolutely BALLISTIC. If I wanted rain, I'd live on the coast, where there's no MUD, just sand and spongy peaty stuff. Where the vegetation is made to shed water, where lawns may get wet, but never muddy, and where the temps don't hover around freezing while dumping WEEKS worth of rain down upon people.

Where you don't count on stepping out of your car in the parking lot, and stepping into 6 inches of tar-like silt mud.

Where you can make it the 6 feet from your front porch to your car without getting completely mucked up.

I HATE this crap. And my poor horses!

Stop dancing. Jeeze!

RainDAnceBigJPEG-834x573.jpg

It's making me absolutely BALLISTIC. If I wanted rain, I'd live on the coast, where there's no MUD, just sand and spongy peaty stuff. Where the vegetation is made to shed water, where lawns may get wet, but never muddy, and where the temps don't hover around freezing while dumping WEEKS worth of rain down upon people.

Where you don't count on stepping out of your car in the parking lot, and stepping into 6 inches of tar-like silt mud.

Where you can make it the 6 feet from your front porch to your car without getting completely mucked up.

Come up to northwestern Illinois where you can step out of your car onto the ice and snow and maybe even slip and bust your buttocks! Right now it about 24 degrees and a snow flake falls now and then...

Come up to northwestern Illinois where you can step out of your car onto the ice and snow and maybe even slip and bust your buttocks! Right now it about 24 degrees and a snow flake falls now and then...

:eusa_eh: I still have about a foot of snow on the ground, freezing rain scheduled for Wednesday, and supposedly we're going to have a *really* white Christmas.

Whoever's bitching about rain... deal.

Hmph.

• Banned
Sounds like you might like Arizona AB.

I love Arizona. I love New Mexico. I love the coast.

I live in central Oregon, which is HIGH DESERT. I'm just a few miles from the Painted Hills, for crap's sake.

It's not supposed to rain like this here, it's b.s. and I insist that it stop immediately.

:eusa_eh: I still have about a foot of snow on the ground, freezing rain scheduled for Wednesday, and supposedly we're going to have a *really* white Christmas.

Hmph.

Screw you and try living in a place where the temp never gets past 40, but it rains for days and days on end, broken up by the occasional snow and ice storm.

I'd a hundred times rather deal with snow. But fuck the rain in the middle of winter.

Hmph.

Screw you and try living in a place where the temp never gets past 40, but it rains for days and days on end, broken up by the occasional snow and ice storm.

I'd a hundred times rather deal with snow. But fuck the rain in the middle of winter.

So move.

Or, simply deal.

Whatever try 20 inches of snow :lol:
:D

We get snow regularly.

Which is what I'm saying. You guys are bitching about exactly what I'm bitching about...only we have rain all the time as well.

I live in High Desert. Rocks and clay, sagebrush & juniper. It is made for hot summers and cold winters. It does not handle this sort of weather well.

And, as I said, my poor horses. I'd a hundred times rather deal with subzero temps and snow than 32-40 degrees and continual rain. They wade around in muck, they're soaked to the skin, the wind blows and you can see the heat (which is CALORIES and dollar signs) steamping up off them..if they're even generating heat at all.

Mostly they're just miserable. I'm actually thinking about getting blankets for them, and I've never had blankets for horses in this country, unless they're in a small enclosure with no access to shelter. My horses have access to shelter, they have enough room to move around in, they have windbreaks besides..and it's STILL miserable for them.

Forum List

Back