I am so sick of it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Againsheila, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Yesterday I was feeling better, the sun was out, I was happy. I made plans to finally go get my orthopedic stockings (have to be at the pharmacist when they first open up for measuring, something always comes up) and, of course, my son's caregiver didn't show up again. The company won't return my calls. According to the caregiver's facebook page, he's off to Yakima...he left yesterday, wasn't it nice of him to call and let me know so I could get a replacement?

Of course, my husband left clothes in both the washer AND dryer so I have to put up with the urine smell for hours. No one did the dishes last night so I had to do those...My back aches now, my stomach aches and I'm in tears....

I'm so sick of feeling better, getting happy and then getting shit on.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Such is the game of life... You've been dealt a bad hand, according to some, but as bad as you feel it is, there are people who have life a whole lot worse. As they sing in the play "Annie", "The Sun will come out tomorrow..." I've read lots of your posts. You're a strong person and handle things that some of us others would simply cave in to. Stick your chin up, take a deep breath, and take a couple of your "get tough" pills. Betcha tomorrow is a better day. Know that you have a cheering squad here at USMB. You're a winner.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    That's all terrible but really, it's part and parcel of living.

I don't have a disabled child but my grown sons and their wives have lived with me in the past when they had nothing...and none of them did anything around the house, lol. It was pretty atrocious but I remember thinking, is this something i really want to focus on? I mean, life is work, and most of it is nasty. And yes, they're lolling around making messes eating all my food and not washing dishes or picking up clothes...but on the other hand, I love them and don't want to constantly nag at them.

So I decided hey, I'll do what I want when I want, and not complain. If I don't want to do it, I'll leave it and everyone else can wonder why there are no clean dishes and food, but they'll live.

It worked out quite well...and now when they come to MY house to visit, they clean! It's wonderful!

So just saying; yeah, the people we love do take shameless advantage of us. Yup they're inconsiderate turds. But they're OUR inconsiderate turds.

4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,234
    [​IMG]

5. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    Hugs, that was totally shitty of the care giver to just leave without any notice to you. I hope your day gets better hun.

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
    Sheila,

Though I never, or almost never, agree with you...I have to say from reading your posts I think you are one amazing woman and I applaud you.

I wish I could say something to make things better. The only thing that I can say is that having children is a blessing and a nightmare for all of us.

Sigh...but not having them would be worse.

IMO.

7. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    (((((Hugs)))))

8. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Hang in there Shelia.

Did you ever call a University (Special Ed Dept) to see if any college kids wanted to earn extra money to come help you out once in awhile? Try it if you haven't. {I did that in college.}

Hugs dear, and your friends at the USMB are here for you when you want to let it all out!

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Tell your husband men should know how to use a washer and dryer. I hate it when people are dependent on other people to do the simple things in life. And your husband sounds like he's dependent on you.

10. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Here's an interesting twist. I emailed my son's counselor this morning to tell here we needed to seriously discuss placement for him. When she didn't answer me, I wrote her again and said I was in a great deal of pain, I was in tears and I was considering suicide. So, the cops show up at my door ready to take me away. I'm all excited, even hug one, then tell him that we have to take my autistic kid too as we can't leave him alone. They ended up leaving us both here. Apparently, they'll take the insane mom, but not when she insists on taking along the adult kid that can't be left alone, go figure.