I am so old that..

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
I recall when Republicans were actually fiscally conservative.
I saw all that change during the Reagan era. And the buddying up with the pentecostals for their votes to gain power, but in gaining power they lost their identity.

I miss real conservatives.

I saw all that change during the Reagan era. And the buddying up with the pentecostals for their votes to gain power, but in gaining power they lost their identity.

You and me both.

Edit: Admittedly I started paying attention at an age most don't however... SO take that as you will.

I miss real conservatives.[/QUOTE]

Says an Obama sheep who is pleased to support end-on-end trillion dollar deficits.

I'm so old that, I recall when Democrats loved America and weren't Communists.

I miss real Democrats.

I'm so old that, I recall when Democrats loved America and weren't Communists.

I miss real Democrats.

Why do the same ole rw's have to throw up the same ole smoke screens when they know they're in the wrong?

Why do they keep telling this same lie, over and over?

Ask them to prove their constant litany of lies and all they can come up with is some ignorant, grade school level foul language.

Damn liars. I just really wish they'd look up the definitions of their lies so they'd know just how really STOOOPID they really are.

I miss real conservatives as well, most do.

The Nation as been worse off since their departure, the consequence of the bane of social conservatives and the radical right.

Imagine a candidate for president who was an actual conservative, a strong advocate of both responsible fiscal policy and individual liberty. A candidate who supports privacy rights with regard to abortion, equal protection rights with regard to same-sex couples, and due process rights with regard to all persons in the United States.

Such a candidate would win in a landslide, in any election, against any opponent.

I distinctly remember those on the right at that time calling President Kennedy "that pinko punk in the White House". Their rhetoric and vitriol is the same today as then.

I miss the Kennedy years.

I think Obama is getting us back to that- plus civil rights, minus Vietnam- Nixon, Reagan and Bush were a ruin of it all...Just need health care and living wage...

I was alive and sentient during the Kennedy years, Obama is far, far from Kennedy and he is leading us towards Kruschevs Russia, not Kennedy's USA.

I remember Reagan too.
However I missed the days of the "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country" Democrats.
You remember those days? ;)

Bullshit.

You pine for the days when Republicans were fiscally conservative, but you don't regret that fact that at no time in your life were the Democratics EVER fiscally conservative.

You miss being credible. But, you find solace in the fact that at least you've never BEEN credible.

Forum List

Back