I am so glad

Discussion in 'Europe' started by roomy, Apr 22, 2006.

1. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    l

2. nosarcasm

nosarcasm Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    You are part of the German-French Empire limey. Better get used to it.

3. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

Good for you...If UK don't want to be in Europe and in the EU, then, it can go away, but UK stops to accept and recieve supports and money from EU...

When a country is against an organization, He can not seriously recieve support from it.

And happy birthday to your Queen.

4. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    EU don't want you ? not sure...Or probably because UK has a lot of reticences and is cold for an integration.

It is in the interests of UK to be a member of EU. Of course there are lots of obligations, but alos advantages...

Take to common market : UK can't creat restrictions for importations to protect its own production, but on an other hand, the other countries can't too, then UK's exportations are easier ;) Same for each country.

Without EU, France could have keep its embargo for british meat during maybe 50 years...

When you study the EU laws (I do it) you see that it's really complex, but alos great, very interesting, and necessary for the trade between the Member States.

If UK would be more implicated in the EU policies, the rest of EU would accept easily UK.

UK has USA, COmmonwealth...Good. But not suffisant.

France has EU, and particulary Germany, the "Francophonie", and a kind of Commonwealth with the ancient french colonies, particularly in Africa. But now, with the globalization, a country HAS TO have a lot of trade partners.

EU gives it.

It the interests of EU to have UK, but above all it's the intrests of UK to belong to EU.

;)

5. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

Personly, I don't care about UK's presence in EU, it's more like a weight.
    If it's good for EU, then i agree to this presence. If not, I don't want it.

For the European history, UK's History on the european continent is only a struggle against several hegemonies. UK's choice was overseas. Not Europe. Since the UK's defeat during the 100 Years War.
    Maybe it's the reason of the bad feeling of the British about EU. France's choices are since 1500 years for the continent, same for Germany... Maye it's why these countries are for EU.

If you're satisfied that your country is an US aircraft carrier, good for you. But this policy makes that a lot of european consider British more like foreigners in Europe. The US dogs. I appreciate the irony, the ex colony is now colonising the ex fatherland.

For the Europe History, you seems to not know it as well you think. Europe knows 1000 years of war between Nations, but these war, it's a paradox, reinforce the cooperation between these Nations.

the best thing for Europe would have been an alliance with France, UK, Germany (or a common State), it would have been good for these countries too.

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Great Britain has been our friend and ally ever since they got over our little revolution. I'm always happy to know a Limey. As for the French...well, that changes from person to person.

7. padisha emperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

France/UK together...Not a revolutionnary idea : look at the Angevine Empire, XIIIth...Or the project of a common State between France and United Kingdom in 1940, lead by Churchill and de Gaulle.

For Germany : why automaticly do you refer to the nazis ? First, what is allowing you to think that a such 3 nations-State would have given an horror with Nazis at power ?
    And second, I never said that...

I only mentionned the fact that a cooperation between the leading States of Europe is a great thing, and maybe if in History these States would have cooperate, some things would have not been...Maybe it is wrong, but maybe not.

I give to you a Goodwin Point for your bright link with the Nazis and Final Solution...

8. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    I think the Hundered Years war is about to erupt again.

:tinfoil:

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hoiste, du tabournack

PE:et alors et zut alors - le meme?

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

OMG. :eek2:

That's in regard (not respect) to the entire post. :cheers2: :boohoo: :cuckoo: