I am so glad the Democrats represent the little people.

Yeah, the John's make me laugh. John Edwards goes on and on about how companies who outsource are evil. Yet, 80% of his wealth is in shares of a companies stock who make the bulk of their money how?......outsourcing. I will see if I can track down a transcript of the show I was watching when I heard that little tidbit...it made me roll my eyes and say "figures".:rolleyes:

For the little guys my patootie.

Originally posted by BlueGin
Yeah, the John's make me laugh. John Edwards goes on and on about how companies who outsource are evil. Yet, 80% of his wealth is in shares of a companies stock who make the bulk of their money how?......outsourcing. I will see if I can track down a transcript of the show I was watching when I heard that little tidbit...it made me roll my eyes and say "figures".:rolleyes:

For the little guys my patootie.

Thats Kerry. Edwards is the one that made his fortune channeling dead babies voices to juries so that they can award ridiculous sums to defendants against doctors.

for any politician, including bush, to say that they are 'regular folks' is blowing smoke up our collective asses. for as many millionaires as we have in our government body to say they are just like me, surviving paycheck to paycheck, is a joke.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
for as many millionaires as we have in our government body to say they are just like me, surviving paycheck to paycheck, is a joke.

Now, now DK. Don't be so judgemental. They may well be telling the truth about living from paycheck to paycheck. They're just doing it on a higher level than most of us.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Now, now DK. Don't be so judgemental. They may well be telling the truth about living from paycheck to paycheck. They're just doing it on a higher level than most of us.:rolleyes:

then that would make them 'non-regular', would it not?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
for any politician, including bush, to say that they are 'regular folks' is blowing smoke up our collective asses. for as many millionaires as we have in our government body to say they are just like me, surviving paycheck to paycheck, is a joke.

Thats why i believe you'll find that Bush never said that he was like the common folk. A wise stance IMO. To say your just like us when you have millions or in Kerry's case a billion, your full of shit.

That's one thing some Dems need to get straight. I've figured out that since my family is somewhere from middle to upper middle class, no poor person will ever think of me as one of them. It's impossible. However, many of them don't hate me for not being one of them just as long as I at least try to understand them.

Forum List

Back