I am so f***ing sick of this garbage

Hagbard Celine said:
What I'm saying, in the simplest possible language, is that it's hard to think when you're being shot at. Instinct takes over at this point so we can't expect soldiers to philosophize about whether or not every person they come into contact with is or isn't worth arresting and/or killing.
I don't think you have much authority to speculate unless you've been shot at in a combat theater after undergoing thorough military training...

Hagbard Celine said:
Fine GunnyL. You've proven my point beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm not even going to post on this subject any more because you deem everything I say worthless because you believe I'm incapable of having a decent opinion on anything military related.

You are irrational and incapable of debating in a reasonable manner.

No shit, I said this already.

Are you actually reading what is posted? I said nothing concerning your capabilities. You appear as capable of understanding as most, IMO, at this time.

And my post is nothing but rational/reasonable. Is this how you justify ending all your debates? You get offended by some contrived injustice and go sit in the corner?

You would probably be far more worthy an opponent if you'd quit throwing that "victim" card out as a deflection at every turn.

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't think you have much authority to speculate unless you've been shot at in a combat theater after undergoing thorough military training...

His point concering "the fog of war" is valid. I do not disupte that, and military personnel go through countless hours of classes and training made as realistic as possible to simulate the experience. It IS a factor.

Where the disagreement begins after you wade through all the deflecting BS, is that in his opinion, troops cannot be trusted to make a sound judgement call under such situations.

IMO, they are more qualified to do so than anyone else because they HAVE been trained, and attempting to take away that judgement call just ties their hands behinds their backs and gets the wrong people killed.

Forum List

Back