I am really sorry, But I have got to ask

Here we go again.

JRK has made a fool out of himself in 2 threads talking about how awesome the War in Iraq is/was, I guess he's going to keep making new ones until everyone agrees with him.

So expect to see many many more threads from JRK about the same thing, until he gets arthritis.

does the war going on in Iraq (at that time) have any influence on whether you join? I have had people tell me that being for troop is no different than being against the war
to me
you join after we invade Iraq, your more than likely also supporting the way this country was dealing with that mess
Am I wrong?
could you be a marine and be against the war in Iraq at the same time?

I can not speak from experience as my ternure with the military was not during war time.
But I can speak for my career friends and the firends of my children who have joined the military over the last several years.

Most that join the military do not join based on ideology...they join for one of two reasons...both of which are commendable.

1) The desire to serve
2) the opportunity to better themselves/prepare themselves ofr later on in the private secotr (education, discipline, etc)

Certainly many of the younger generation grew up hearing about how poorly the iraq conflict was handled...whether true or not, the media and our politicians made it quite clear that it was not handled properly....of course, never saying "in my opinion"...

Furthermore, as my son would tell me, our teachers never held back offering their sentiments as it pertained to the war, the decision to go to war, and the handling of the war....and believe me...they were by no means kind to the Bush administration...

That being said, many of the younger generation joined the military non the less...

So I believe sentiments as to how the war was handled did not play a major role in decisions to join the military.

I hope that helps.

It does
People who flat out are against what we did in Iraq are in a place I do not understand. Much of this is about trying to understand
I cannot comprehend the level of hate some have for these events and that the same times
state they support those who carried it out
there logic is there just doing what they are being told

In 2004, you joined the Marines, you were doing more than just what you were being told as I see it

in just about every career in the private sector, people find themselves doing some things they dont agree with.

Take the secretary who has to say her boss is not in when he is.
Or the guy that does the stitching on a $4,000 pocketbook knowing that the dam pocketbook is only worth $4,000 becuase he stiched the letters LV on it
Or the advertising creative driector who takes a BK Whopper and makes it look like a gourmet meal for an ad knowing dam well that it NEVER looks like that.

Some men and women are either born or brought up to believe in serving their country....they are drawn to it from the inside. Doesnt matter who the CiC is or the rhetoric of any given operation currently taking place.

And others? They see the military as a way to grow...again, regardless of what they agreee with as it pertains to policy.

And in closing...anyone who holds the military responsible for decisions made by congress...well...then they just dont understand the role of the military.

The military serves our country. It does not decide what is best for our country.

Here we go again.

JRK has made a fool out of himself in 2 threads talking about how awesome the War in Iraq is/was, I guess he's going to keep making new ones until everyone agrees with him.

So expect to see many many more threads from JRK about the same thing, until he gets arthritis.

Drock then go away
you add nothing to the debate and act like a child most of the time
I could care less

I can not speak from experience as my ternure with the military was not during war time.
But I can speak for my career friends and the firends of my children who have joined the military over the last several years.

Most that join the military do not join based on ideology...they join for one of two reasons...both of which are commendable.

1) The desire to serve
2) the opportunity to better themselves/prepare themselves ofr later on in the private secotr (education, discipline, etc)

Certainly many of the younger generation grew up hearing about how poorly the iraq conflict was handled...whether true or not, the media and our politicians made it quite clear that it was not handled properly....of course, never saying "in my opinion"...

Furthermore, as my son would tell me, our teachers never held back offering their sentiments as it pertained to the war, the decision to go to war, and the handling of the war....and believe me...they were by no means kind to the Bush administration...

That being said, many of the younger generation joined the military non the less...

So I believe sentiments as to how the war was handled did not play a major role in decisions to join the military.

I hope that helps.

It does
People who flat out are against what we did in Iraq are in a place I do not understand. Much of this is about trying to understand
I cannot comprehend the level of hate some have for these events and that the same times

In 2004, you joined the Marines, you were doing more than just what you were being told as I see it

in just about every career in the private sector, people find themselves doing some things they dont agree with.

Or the guy that does the stitching on a $4,000 pocketbook knowing that the dam pocketbook is only worth $4,000 becuase he stiched the letters LV on it
Or the advertising creative driector who takes a BK Whopper and makes it look like a gourmet meal for an ad knowing dam well that it NEVER looks like that.

Some men and women are either born or brought up to believe in serving their country....they are drawn to it from the inside. Doesnt matter who the CiC is or the rhetoric of any given operation currently taking place.

And others? They see the military as a way to grow...again, regardless of what they agreee with as it pertains to policy.

And in closing...anyone who holds the military responsible for decisions made by congress...well...then they just dont understand the role of the military.

The military serves our country. It does not decide what is best for our country.

1) At no time did I make the claim that the military decided for us what it is congress place to do
2) I respect your opinion, what else can I say except working at burger king and fighting terrorism in Iraq by choice cannot be ever compared to each other in any circumstance

Thanks for your service and you made Drocks year with you thread
I have nothing else to say to you on this subject except you cannot compare putting your life on the line by choice to fight terrorist in Iraq to flipping hamburgers
Good Luck

Here we go again.

Drock then go away
you add nothing to the debate and act like a child most of the time
I could care less

Is this the particular thread where you're going to say Iraq War veterans who are against the War in Iraq hate america and hate soldiers?

It does

1) At no time did I make the claim that the military decided for us what it is congress place to do
2) I respect your opinion, what else can I say except working at burger king and fighting terrorism in Iraq by choice cannot be ever compared to each other in any circumstance

I have nothing else to say to you on this subject except you cannot compare putting your life on the line by choice to fight terrorist in Iraq to flipping hamburgers
Good Luck

No he didn't, it's common sense to say that you can be against a policy decision by Congress and the President and still support soldiers.

You're the only one with the crazy mindset that you can't.

Seriously? I followed this as closely as I could... for the first year. There was so much information and misinformation flying around the media and movies that it was impossible to determine what was truth and what was distorted truth. It seems to me that we here in the mainland were never meant to understand any of the depths of the war. Obviously for us to know and understand would have put more emphasis on the accountability of the responsible party(ies). Who is at fault? Most likely no one. The whole thing seemed to offer more distraction than the masses will ever recognize. I don't know. I stopped following the channelled versions because I refuse to be emotionally manipulated at that level. It was still very important to me and increasingly so as my children grow and my husband matures. These things matter immensely, I am just far more selective in what I allow myself to be exposed to.

This whole series of events is built 100% on logic and yet Drock and others have tried there best to make it built on emotions
I feel strongly about the info I supply is simple, accurate and has nothing personal in it

I cannot believe these threads are still going
I have no understanding why
these people are fanatics when it comes to this issue about keeping the truth away
both sides of the truth

Good Luck

No he didn't, it's common sense to say that you can be against a policy decision by Congress and the President and still support soldiers.

Drock I have nothing left to say to you
your threads have nothing to do with logic and you went over the line when t comes to class

Good Luck

your threads have nothing to do with logic and you went over the line when t comes to class

Yeah you've displayed nothing but class on this thread.

Telling people they hate america for disagreeing with you, telling people they hate soldiers for disagreeing with you, telling people to shut up when they provide links with facts that go against you.

The last person who should be giving lessons on message board class is you.

Telling people they hate america for disagreeing with you, telling people they hate soldiers for disagreeing with you, telling people to shut up when they provide links with facts that go against you.

Do you understand this is a public forum?

We have been fighting wars since the 1960's that we can't win and have no vested interest in the outcome. Get out, come home, and stay home, they bomb the hell out of anyone who messes with us.

Do you understand this is a public forum?

I get it, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

We have been fighting wars since the 1960's that we can't win and have no vested interest in the outcome. Get out, come home, and stay home, they bomb the hell out of anyone who messes with us.

Well its not exactly what we did
kind of
I really pray that all of this crap would stop
The biggest issue I have with all of this is Saddam and OBL started this crap

We have been meddling in other countries affairs for ever and I can't think of one country were we came out ahead. We are giving Pakistan billions and we all know where they stand. We tried the Philippines after WWII and failed, Panama, Jordon, Iran and I am sure there are more.

Bring our men and women home and let them figure it out themselves.

Last edited:
We have been meddling in other countries affairs for ever and I can't think of one country were we came out ahead. We are giving Pakistan billions and we all know where they stand. We tried the Philippines after WWII and failed, Panama, Jordon, Iran and I am sure there are more.

Bring our men and women home and let them figure it out themselves.

With respect to your thread
when there using Passenger jets as scud missles within our great nation, we really had no choice in the matter
as far as Saddam goes
he no longer was an item that could be ignored after 9-11

Saddam chose to fight
If he does the right thing he lives in Iraq and is till there leader I would suspect
he chose to ignore how serious the mandate was

Forum List

Back