I am really interested in this

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
Now let me start by saying that I cannot bring myself to despise John Edwards as I do John Kerry. Kerry has had 20 years to do something and has done pretty much nothing positive. Edwards is a one-term senator who is suddenly thrust into the role of VP candidate. He is like a lost little puppy. Throughout the whole RNC all his daily speeches were "Look! I told you! They are going Negative!"

That said, I heard another talk from Edwards today accusing Cheney of using scare-tactics. Here he said "We are going to make Americans safer, and we're not going to divide the country to do it"

Well um...how? Are all the Bush supporters just gonna change their minds and slurp up all the Poodle's various slogans? The nation has been divided years before GW, how are Kerry/Edwards gonna change that?

I've noticed the same thing. The Democratic candidates and their campaign are long on slogans and short on specifics. Kerry and Edwards tour the country spouting meaningless platitudes which the gullible fools who support them may interpret any way they choose.

I'm listening to Kerrys speech right now and his answer is that people need to talk to each other and listen to each other---that oughta work. oh ya---we need to do the right things instead of the wrong things. :wank:

Vice Presidential candidates are a nice side show to the elections, but they are just that - sideshows. The VP candidates aren't going to swing this race very far in either direction. People are going to vote based on Bush and Kerry's campaign. So I wouldn't worry too much about John Edwards right now. He is probably trying to line himslef up for the 2008 primary with Hillary.

Edwards' lining himself up for 2008? Don't think so. His political career will be over in about two months. He won't be elected VP and he certainly won't be re-elected in his home state. Five years from now, his name will be a trivia question.

Flying Duck said:
Edwards' lining himself up for 2008? Don't think so. His political career will be over in about two months. He won't be elected VP and he certainly won't be re-elected in his home state. Five years from now, his name will be a trivia question.

I agree. Maybe if by some act of God..or the devil Kerry wins, Edwards might have a political future. But there is a reason he wasnt running for reelection in North Carolina. He sucked.

Edwards reminds me a lot of Dan Quayle. A blow-dried, glad-handing sycophant whose main purpose is to provide a personality for kerry.

Now let me start by saying that I cannot bring myself to despise John Edwards as I do John Kerry.
I can't either, but I don't like him either (two Americas BS, whining about Republican attacks even if it's true when his party has compared Bush/Republicans to Nazis, has said Bush is an idiot who lied about Iraq [but if he was an idiot who was obviously lying about Iraq, then why did the Democrats vote for the war?], has said Bush only cut taxes for the rich, etc)

Edwards reminds me a lot of Dan Quayle.
It's funny that the same people who said that Quayle was an idiot and had no experience were the ones who said nothing about Edwards even though he had less experience than Quayle.

Forum List

Back