I am putting this here because next thing you know......

Will Stockton burn like Baltimore and Ferguson when the money runs out?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
This city will give poorest $500 a month, no strings attached
The mayor of Stockton, Calif. wants to provide a universal basic income for the city’s poorest residents.

Starting this year, an experimental program called the Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration (SEED) will pay $500 a month to a few hundred of the city’s low-income residents, no strings attached.
I wonder where the $500 a month per person is going to come from? Also, with this incentive for liberals to move to Stockton, is the moronic mayor taking into account the many stupid poor liberals who will move from poor Illinois to increase the poor of Stockton? My popcorn machine has been working overtime with the lunatic liberals and their other peoples charitable donations. Once the mayor runs out of other peoples money, will we see that city burn like Ferguson and Baltimore?

Interesting experiment. Unless Trump is successful in his war on tech and innovation, outlawing robots and automation, then the results of this experiment will be valuable.

The mayor of Stockton, Calif. wants to provide a universal basic income for the city’s poorest residents.

Starting this year, an experimental program called the Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration (SEED) will pay $500 a month to a few hundred of the city’s low-income residents, no strings attached.
I wonder where the $500 a month per person is going to come from? Also, with this incentive for liberals to move to Stockton, is the moronic mayor taking into account the many stupid poor liberals who will move from poor Illinois to increase the poor of Stockton? My popcorn machine has been working overtime with the lunatic liberals and their other peoples charitable donations. Once the mayor runs out of other peoples money, will we see that city burn like Ferguson and Baltimore?

Not every Stockton resident will get the money during the testing of the program; there will be a process to choose how many and who will get the money.

Funding is apparently coming, at least in part, through private sources. Your own article mentions $1 million coming from the Facebook co-founder. Apparently it's also accepting crowdfunding donations. This California city's 27-year-old mayor will give residents $500 free cash per month

This might be a terrible idea, but so far I haven't seen anything saying it is a terrible idea being funded by taxpayer money. :dunno:

What does this have to do with immigration?

Not every Stockton resident will get the money during the testing of the program; there will be a process to choose how many and who will get the money.

Funding is apparently coming, at least in part, through private sources. Your own article mentions $1 million coming from the Facebook co-founder. Apparently it's also accepting crowdfunding donations. This California city's 27-year-old mayor will give residents $500 free cash per month

This might be a terrible idea, but so far I haven't seen anything saying it is a terrible idea being funded by taxpayer money. :dunno:

The question is not the money source but whether Stockton will burn down when it runs out, which is an obvious yes and not necessarily by the poor. Financing out through is a long CA tradition.

Interesting experiment. Unless Trump is successful in his war on tech and innovation, outlawing robots and automation, then the results of this experiment will be valuable.
I guess you weren't around during the great Soviet Experiment where all the poor(that was everyone) was given a certain amount of money? Soon no one worked as everyone was poor, many ended up working in gulags, or were shot for being trying to escape that equality. When people don't read about history,

When someone leaves an area and goes to another area, is that not immigration? I am wrong, it is "Migration". My bad...

The question is not the money source but whether Stockton will burn down when it runs out, which is an obvious yes and not necessarily by the poor. Financing out through is a long CA tradition.

It wont be the rich and middle class that will burn down Stockton, because when those who have to pay more, will uproot and leave, like what happened to Motor City.

I guess you weren't around during the great Soviet Experiment where all the poor(that was everyone) was given a certain amount of money? Soon no one worked as everyone was poor, many ended up working in gulags, or were shot for being trying to escape that equality. When people don't read about history,

When someone leaves an area and goes to another area, is that not immigration? I am wrong, it is "Migration". My bad...

The soviet union had robots and automation that made human labor obsolete?

It wont be the rich and middle class that will burn down Stockton, because when those who have to pay more, will uproot and leave, like what happened to Motor City.

Sir, unless Stockton is very unusual the combination of new state taxes and the federal mortgage cap means that a low or no deathrate fire storm would be quite welcome.

Sir, unless Stockton is very unusual the combination of new state taxes and the federal mortgage cap means that a low or no deathrate fire storm would be quite welcome.
fire storm would be quite welcome
Those words have meaning especially when it is about Californication.

Is the selection committee government paid? What about accounting for the disbursements? Sounds like taxpayer money on both ends.

Is the selection committee government paid? What about accounting for the disbursements? Sounds like taxpayer money on both ends.

Wrong you are imputing sanity where there is none.

Let me clarify: I don't see anything indicating that the money being given to Stockton residents is taxpayer money. Of course anything in which representatives or government employees are officially involved can be said to cost taxpayer money, just from the salaries of those people.

The Program is being run by a young Cali leftist so of course it will lose taxpayer and private monies at breakneck speed.

Let me clarify: I don't see anything indicating that the money being given to Stockton residents is taxpayer money. Of course anything in which representatives or government employees are officially involved can be said to cost taxpayer money, just from the salaries of those people.
just from the salaries of those people
Who the fuck is paying the salaries of those people? you people are such retards.

Who the fuck is paying the salaries of those people? you people are such retards.

Are you saying that government representatives and employees get their pay through something other than taxes?

Are you saying that government representatives and employees get their pay through something other than taxes?
Those on Capital Hill have set themselves up nicely with stock dividends and profits that those insiders get. How else can people go in dirt poor and on a $150,000 a year job, end up with 10s of millions? If we did what they did(like Martha Stewart was accused of) we would be spending years in jail , while they wrote themselves out of the law...

Forum List

Back