I am now 60% in cash

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Buy low sell high....we are no where near the high...just wait until Trump wins in 2020 the Market will go up like we never thought possible...if you are getting out now you are passing up the biggest gains you ever had....

Last edited:
I have been selling off for most of the year, or dipping in and out where I can see a bargain.
I will probably stop the sell off when I get to 75% and sit tight until brexit is resolved.

Reports over here that the tarriff war is over.

Trump administration considering abandoning tariffs as looming recession threatens to ruin 2020 re-election hopes

Is this the case ? Might look for bargains in the US and Far East if so.

What Tommy Tainant?
You mean you have spare capital to invest
and you're not putting it into microlending to pay
for Diabetic treatment to save lives of people in need?

Don't tell me you are investing your extra money
into something making you PROFIT while sick people
are dying for lack of funds to cover insulin and treatments!

What kind of cruel capitalist are you?

How could you put personal profits over
saving lives with that money? What???

I have been selling off for most of the year, or dipping in and out where I can see a bargain.
I will probably stop the sell off when I get to 75% and sit tight until brexit is resolved.

Trump administration considering abandoning tariffs as looming recession threatens to ruin 2020 re-election hopes

Find Trump's actual press release on China and tariffs.

Getting your 'investment' info from a left wing rag will only help you lose your money

Find Trump's actual press release on China and tariffs.

Getting your 'investment' info from a left wing rag will only help you lose your money

It's only about 12 bucks is my guess

What Tommy Tainant?

Our diabetics are taken care of by our NHS system. They dont need handouts like Americans. Which leaves me free to invest my hard earned cash as I see fit.

You can usually get an adult conversation over here as well.

What Tommy Tainant?

Our diabetics are taken care of by our NHS system. They dont need handouts like Americans. Which leaves me free to invest my hard earned cash as I see fit.

Which leaves me free to invest my hard earned cash as I see fit.

What percentage of your hard earned funds are left over, after you pay for NHS?

For a moment there you had me believing it true that even a stopped clock can be right twice a day.

60% out? That's a good start.

Bears make money
Bulls make money
Pigs get slaughtered.

Buy low sell high....we are no where near the high...just wait until Trump wins in 2020 the Market will go up like we never thought possible...if you are getting out now you are passing up the biggest gains you ever had....
You should not rely on an election result to make your investment decisions. The state of the world at the moment makes it almost impossible to make longer term plans.

You should not rely on an election result to make your investment decisions. The state of the world at the moment makes it almost impossible to make longer term plans.
It worked for me in 2016...With my investments at high risk....I was able to semi retire when 2 years earlier I was looking at working till I died....now I play golf all week...

It worked for me in 2016...With my investments at high risk....I was able to semi retire when 2 years earlier I was looking at working till I died....now I play golf all week...
Good for you.

Good for you.
What's life without risk?....

Good for you.
What's life without risk?....
I dont need to take many risks at this point. Fingers crossed.

What Tommy Tainant?

Thanks Tommy Tainant
Perhaps the equivalent argument in America
is we already have nonprofits that can provide cost effective
health care to help those in need.

And this allows donors, investors and nonprofit volunteers and leaders the FREEDOM to choose which causes they want to support through
the programs that work best and have the best reputations.

Many of these nonprofits do better work than the Government could
because they can make more autonomous decisions as needed.

Some of the nonprofits I promote as models the Govt should replicate, and keep them autonomous where they are funded by tax deductible contributions (that I would raise to 100% deductible if the nonprofits provide services at cost or close to it within 5-10% overhead at most):

* Doctors Without Borders
* AmeriCares
* St. Judes Children's Hospitals
* Patient/Physician Cooperative

And other nonprofits that allow contributors to invest in building programs, facilities and community development by FREE CHOICE instead of relying on govt mandates or bureaucracy:
* Grameen Foundation and Grameen Bank
* PACE Universal
* Habitat for Humanity and
any other local nonprofit that democratizes and empowers
communities instead of relying on govt and party politics

For extreme/catastrophic and emergency situations, especially national epidemic threats, of course people generally agree to set up federal programs to help on that level Tommy Tainant

But with 50 states with diverse populations that govern themselves,
similar to independent nations, it doesn't make sense to try to manage
all that under one federal system for all the individual choices and needs. It makes more sense to LOCALIZE the management of health care services and facilities by DISTRICT and STATE (which might be closer to the equivalent of what you are citing).

What size population are you talking about Tommy Tainant?
And which state of the US would be the equivalent in size
and demographics, including populations and geographic area?

That's the more fair and accurate way to make a comparison.
Not comparing a smaller country to the entire US that is 50 states combined which all have their own localized democratic systems.

What Tommy Tainant?

Thanks Tommy Tainant
Perhaps the equivalent argument in America
is we already have nonprofits that can provide cost effective
health care to help those in need.

And this allows donors, investors and nonprofit volunteers and leaders the FREEDOM to choose which causes they want to support through
the programs that work best and have the best reputations.

Many of these nonprofits do better work than the Government could
because they can make more autonomous decisions as needed.

Some of the nonprofits I promote as models the Govt should replicate, and keep them autonomous where they are funded by tax deductible contributions (that I would raise to 100% deductible if the nonprofits provide services at cost or close to it within 5-10% overhead at most):

* Doctors Without Borders
* AmeriCares
* St. Judes Children's Hospitals
* Patient/Physician Cooperative

And other nonprofits that allow contributors to invest in building programs, facilities and community development by FREE CHOICE instead of relying on govt mandates or bureaucracy:
* Grameen Foundation and Grameen Bank
* PACE Universal
* Habitat for Humanity and
any other local nonprofit that democratizes and empowers
communities instead of relying on govt and party politics

For extreme/catastrophic and emergency situations, especially national epidemic threats, of course people generally agree to set up federal programs to help on that level Tommy Tainant

But with 50 states with diverse populations that govern themselves,
similar to independent nations, it doesn't make sense to try to manage
all that under one federal system for all the individual choices and needs. It makes more sense to LOCALIZE the management of health care services and facilities by DISTRICT and STATE (which might be closer to the equivalent of what you are citing).

What size population are you talking about Tommy Tainant?
And which state of the US would be the equivalent in size
and demographics, including populations and geographic area?

That's the more fair and accurate way to make a comparison.
Not comparing a smaller country to the entire US that is 50 states combined which all have their own localized democratic systems.
Your diabetics die because they cant afford insulin. 60 million of us would never give it a moments thought.Enjoy your "freedom".

i dont give financial advice or take it...go with yer gut U.S. assets are always good and....,.... for the foreseeable time being ...no matter which way things go ...UK has never regained that fully solid status rep after soros made the whole country his fuck toy then laughed when he was done with yas
go with yer gut

Wait wait wait,
You mean to tell us you didn't make money in the 7+ year super Bull market under Obama that saw the S&P gain over 300%?????????????? You must be the only idiot in the world to not make money on that run.
The market has been great under Trump BUT it is only up ~24% vs 300% for Obama????

Wait wait wait,
You mean to tell us you didn't make money in the 7+ year super Bull market under Obama that saw the S&P gain over 300%?????????????? You must be the only idiot in the world to not make money on that run.
The market has been great under Trump BUT it is only up ~24% vs 300% for Obama????
I wasn't the only one afraid of Obama's weak recovery from the Obama 8 year recession and endless combat warfare....but don't worry I've done great since 2016....

Wait wait wait,
I wasn't the only one afraid of Obama's weak recovery from the Obama 8 year recession and endless combat warfare....but don't worry I've done great since 2016....
Well I am happy that you have recovered in 2016, but I guess the problem here is that you aren't smart enough to separate politics from investing.

You missed out on one of the greatest bull markets ever over politics...

If you would have paid attention you would have seen that the US was putting up great economic numbers quarterly GDP came in at 4% and higher numerous times under Obama... How many quarters has Trump done that??? (here's a hint NONE)
On top of that US companies were producing record profits and crushing earnings.
Obama had a great stock market and he had times when he was putting up good economic numbers, sometimes better than Trump, and certainly good enough to be in stocks...

I would never let politics interfere in my trading decisions.

Just so you know the US has been printing slightly weaker economic numbers (although retail sales were just big) and we have the very real possibility of a bigger market crash if this trade war drags on, don't start crying when you lose all of your retirement in the crash because you think trump can't crash the economy, remember the Bush meltdown.

The key to investing/trading is to look at the 1)charts 2) look at the economic data 3)Look at the companies data etc. If you would have done that you would have easily seen that buying stocks would be a big win as all 3 of those things justified buying.

Last edited:
The state of the world at the moment makes it almost impossible to make longer term plans.

As opposed to that stable state of the world in days of yore...

m_ordre_teutonique.jpg

Forum List

Back