I am not Armenian...but....

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
I don’t think that it matters because this is not about me. Crimes and atrocities will never cease to happen to members of each race. Most of us at one point in our lives will become aware of injustices. At this crossroads a decision is made based upon our level of concern. 3 actions can be taken.

• The first action is to be an opportunist and take advantage of the suffering people and get on board with the persecutors to become partakers of their spoil in one way or another. This can be done directly by perpetrating the acts or indirectly by defending, funding, or denying the actions of such fiends. There are more of these people than we realize. Evil does exist in the world and this too we must not try to deny. The majority of these are the indirect supporters, who seek to get gain without appearing to be evil.

• The second action is the opposite of the opportunist. One who seeks to defend the rights of the oppressed, or redress the wrongs of such. This action is accompanied by a sincere desire for truth. Not for the purpose of vengeance. Retaliation only breeds more hostilities. Such an end we do not seek. The old cliché remains: The truth will set us free.

• The third action is no action. There are various reasons why one would not take action, but the foremost is the lack of love in one’s heart for his fellow man. The second is fear, which often is tied to selfishness because of the fear of embarrassment, slander, loss of reputation. Sometimes fear because of risk of injury or death to one’s self or family. We must find a way to get out of this category if we want to stand approved before our Maker at the last day. But truly as Jesus once said, “Whosoever shall seek his own life shall lose it, and whosoever shall lose his own life for my sake, shall find it.” And “greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends. Even so I lay down my life for my friends.” If Jesus refers to all of us as friends, and commands all of us to love Him and love our neighbor as the two greatest of all commandments, there is no excuse to be found in this category.

The facts of the destruction of human lives in Armenia over 90 years ago exist whether we ignore them or not. However when this tree fell in the forest, there were few who published the story and even less who lived to tell the tale. The facts are clear but one thing is certain. No matter how plain the truth is, it is never undeniable. There are always ways to argue for or against anything. The truth is confirmed in the hearts of all the honest beyond any sophistry.

There is a kind of person which doesn’t yet fall into any of those three categories; the one who is uninformed. Such people are not always but often oblivious because of the lack of desire for knowledge. Often our aspirations to gain knowledge and exposure are killed by our love of amusements. While amusements have their place, we should not let them ruin the balance of our lives. How often do we turn back to the “big game” after witnessing horrors on the news? Do we do it as an escape to the realities of life? Or do we just not care? Or are we so overwhelmed that we think there is just nothing we can do?
While we should seek to enjoy life and it’s pleasures, it is vital to our happiness not to ignore human suffering where we can help alleviate it. We must seek to gain a true love for our fellow man; even our enemies. If our enemies saw that we did not seek vengeance against them, there are some whose hearts would be pricked to switch sides. It is better to have an enemy join your side than to kill one. This can only be accomplished with a true love for each soul of God’s children.

When one has this love, they feel for the shrieking woman who has her baby murdered, even if she is not of the same bloodline. Words cannot fully describe the screams of children as they watch their parents butchered. Words cannot describe the impact of watching your wife raped before she has her throat slit. Words cannot fully describe the taste of your brother’s blood, mixed with tears and the smell of gunpowder. Or your daughter reaching for you as your vision fades into eternity hoping she will be alright. Words cannot describe the adrenaline rush as you run for your life unable to stop the fiends who steal the very boots off of your friend’s dead feet as you flee. Yet these things have happened.

For the living what is left is also hard to describe, the hungry and thirsty cries of mourning children, wives and husbands. For such has happened to many large masses of people throughout the ages. The Armenians are not alone. All deserve our recognition and love. If we do not take the initiatives to help others, we will regret it forever. What will be our excuse? “I was watching the game.” “It wasn’t my country.” “No one I knew was involved.” “I didn’t cause that suffering.” Such responses we would do anything to avoid when questioned by Jesus. We would rather cease to exist. Well did scripture say that in that moment we would call upon the mountains to fall on us and hide us from the face of God. Yes there are fates worse than death. If that be our state we would have wished that we were the Armenians instead.

Change must be made in our hearts first; then our homes, then our communities, then our government.
Let the truth be broadcast, no matter the implications. In Jesus name, Amen.

Last edited:
So did you want to say something about Armenia?

It's a hot topic right now, given the current detente between Yerevan and Ankara, but you seem to skip that in favour or some rather Hallmark text.

So did you want to say something about Armenia?

It's a hot topic right now, given the current detente between Yerevan and Ankara, but you seem to skip that in favour or some rather Hallmark text.

Well I just think it's a shame people still deny the holocaust that happened to them.

Well I just think it's a shame people still deny the holocaust that happened to them.

The Armenian genocide was just another in a long list of Islamic atrocities.
Islamic Turks butchered Christian Armenians, but don't worry, our Islamic apologists will tell us that it was a Turk versus Armenian thing, and that Islam, real Islam, does not condone such practices. Trust them.
I always thought "Trust me" was Yiddish for F* YOU, but it turns out I was wrong, it's actually Arabic.

Islamic Turks butchered Christian Armenians, but don't worry, our Islamic apologists will tell us that it was a Turk versus Armenian thing, and that Islam, real Islam, does not condone such practices. Trust them.
I always thought "Trust me" was Yiddish for F* YOU, but it turns out I was wrong, it's actually Arabic.

Yeah, the reason the Jewish holocaust was proved was because of photographs and American takeover of German concentration camps.
Armenians weren't so lucky. They just missed out on the video age and no one came to their rescue.

Truth is correct that most last names ending in -yan or -ian are Armenian - the difference between the y and i endings also define if the family is from east or west Armenia.

It's also interesting that Cher, Andre Agassi and the guys in the band System of a Down are Armenian.

Charles Stucker -

Islam had very little to do with the slaughter of Armenians, the origins of which predate Islam. Although faith may have played some part, it was not a key part of the genocide; ethnicity played a much greater role.

Consider that Hitler did not slaughter Jews because he did not accept their faith, race & ethnicity were much greater factors. Proof of this is that other minorities in Turkey at the time were not touched.

Islam had very little to do with the slaughter of Armenians, the origins of which predate Islam. Although faith may have played some part, it was not a key part of the genocide; ethnicity played a much greater role.

Proof of this is that other minorities in Turkey at the time were not touched.

So murdering all the Christians one little group at a time and calling it ethnic cleansing makes it sooooo much better.
I'm sure the dead will agree on that.
Have you seen the numbers? Turkey is over 99% Islamic - solely because the other religions have been systematically eliminated. Wait no euphemisms for me. Change eliminated to murdered for not converting.

The the genocide of the American Indian in both N. America and S. America took place over several hundred years.

And was carried out exclusively by Christians.

It was brutal and unrelenting.

And was far worst than any genocide anywhere in the world and in all of history.

Thousands of tribes were decimated and many were completely eliminated without a trace.

Islam at it's worst doesn't hold a candle to the genocide of Native Americans by Christians in the New World.

The the genocide of the American Indian in both N. America and S. America took place over several hundred years.

And was carried out exclusively by Christians.

It was brutal and unrelenting.

And was far worst than any genocide anywhere in the world and in all of history.

Thousands of tribes were decimated and many were completely eliminated without a trace.

Islam at it's worst doesn't hold a candle to the genocide of Native Americans by Christians in the New World.

I don't know that the genocide of american indians was any worse or better than any other genocide but I don't think any genocide compares in numbers to the slavic genocide of Russia by Stalin. 12 Million. Jews by Germans was approximately 2 million. Armenians by turks 1million, I don't think the same number of Native Americans was as much as the Armenians and much less likely the Jews but I'd like to see some official numbers. But then again that's hard to do.

If you go by the % killed compared to the total number of the population of the group being genocided..

The Native Americans in both N. and S. America would be well up in the 95+ % range.

Add to that, the genocide took place over several hundred years.

Makes the American Indian genocide the largest, longest, and almost total genocide in recorded modern history.

I was estimated that there were 1400 different tribes in North America alone. Very few of these tribes exist today.

The Spanish Christians were even more brutal and basically wiped out almost all South American Indians.

So for a Christian to point fingers at past muslim misdeeds is really a bit much.

If you go by the % killed compared to the total number of the population of the group being genocided..

The Native Americans in both N. and S. America would be well up in the 95+ % range.
FYI - roughly 90% of the Amerindian deaths were due to disease.
Goodness gracious, great genocidal germs.

FYI - roughly 90% of the Amercan Indian deaths were due to disease.
Link, Proof, or Evidence of this Please :doubt:

Thank You

FYI - roughly 90% of the Amerindian deaths were due to disease.

Can't let that get in the way of the "evil whitey" notion.

Forum List

Back