I am not a minority!

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
I work for an agency that provides in-home services to the elderly and most of our clients are from an agency that is state funded. When we receive these clients they are classified not as Black, White, Hispanic, etc. Instead they are classified as NON-MINORITY OR MINORITY. Of course the minority box which is checked means that the person is not of Anglo-Saxon heritage. Why are ppl who do not have Anglo heredity referred to as a minority?

Last edited:
I work for an agency that provides in-home services to the elderly and most of our clients are from an agency that is state funded. When we receive these clients they are classified not as Black, White, Hispanic, etc. Instead they are classified as NON-MINORITY OR MINORITY. Of course the minority box which is checked means that the person is not of Anglo-Saxon heritage. Why are ppl who do not have Anglo heredity referred to as a minority?

because in this country they are a minority

Because they speak with a Negro dialect.

What does speaking with a Negro dialect have to do with being a Minority in this country? Should ppl who are of minority heritage speak a certain way? Look at Judge Judy sometime and you will see that non-minorities also misuse the English Language. One of the favorite words used while on her show is 'seen': I 'seen' what he did!!

What does speaking with a Negro dialect have to do with being a Minority in this country? Should ppl who are of minority heritage speak a certain way? Look at Judge Judy sometime and you will see that non-minorities also misuse the English Language. One of the favorite words used while on her show is 'seen': I 'seen' what he did!!

It was a joke! :lol:

We are all, and I do mean each of us, "minorities."

Let's say (even though it's not the case) that more than half the population of the planet was Chinese. It would still be true that a Chinese male would be in a minority. So would a Chinese female.

In the U.S., let's say that more than half the population is (for now) what we call "white." Yeah. And? If the gender breakdown were roughly 50-50, a white male would still be maybe 25 to 30% of the population -- thus, a minority!

We are all minorities.

I can't wait for the Census to ask me my "race." I love that shit! I maintain that we all stem from the so-called "original man." That is, we all came OUT OF AFRICA. That makes me black! :cool:

Thank you! The first intelligent answer to my question although I still hate the term 'minority' when referring to my status as a human being in this country. I don't consider myself as 'minor' in anyway, shape or form. I know it's just a word and should not be taken so seriously but it just bugs me that if we are past the race issue why do Blacks, etc have to check the box 'Minority' when filling out a form?

For you to tell me to check the box and take my meds means you agree with the 'minority' status of ppl in this country. Why?

I hate the status that gives privilege. I think it creates more problems than it helps. I actually just wanted to get under your skin and give you an answer similar to what I get when I attempt to speak civil about racial issues.

I hate the status that gives privilege. I think it creates more problems than it helps. I actually just wanted to get under your skin and give you an answer similar to what I get when I attempt to speak civil about racial issues.

First of all, I want to apologize to you I don't know you and was wrong for saying the things I did to you. You are right about ppl who use their status for being poor to get all they can from US, the tax payers. I work for an agency that provides (non-medical) in-home services to the elderly in our city of Louisville, KY. There are times when our Director will hire a young Black or White woman who will only work for a couple of months and then have us to fill out a form for them b/c they only wanted to get help with food stamps, rent, daycare and whatever else. When they quit working that puts me and my co-worker in a bind b/c we then have to cover the clients they went to. And most of the time, they did not do a good job anyway. I understand where you are coming from!! I hope you accept my apology!!

Last edited:

First of all, I want to apologize to you I don't know you and was wrong for saying the things I did to you. You are right about ppl who use their status for being poor to get all they can from US, the tax payers. I work for an agency that provides (non-medical) in-home services to the elderly in our city of Louisville, KY. There are times when our Director will hire a young Black or White woman who will only work for a couple of months and then have us to fill out a form for them b/c they only wanted to get help with food stamps, rent, daycare and whatever else. When they quit working that puts me and my co-worker in a bind b/c we then have to cover the clients they went to. And most of the time, they did not do a good job anyway. I understand where you are coming from!!

Dude, no need for apology, rage on! I will! No more civility! :lol: It makes me sick.

That is fucked up. So they work for short periods of time and get back on assistance? I am betting they sucked as workers anyway.
Fuckin sickening.

Last edited:
Check this out: One woman hadn't even gotten through her training when the daycare person called to find out how many hours she was going to be working. We didn't know how many hours she was going to work at that time...go figure. BTW I am not a DUDE!!:eusa_shhh:

Uh, hey moron, very few Whites in America are Anglo. Anglo Saxon = English. Most White Americans are German, Celtic, or Italian. And all three take offense at being reffered to as Anglo Saxon.

Actually Judge Judy is a minority, she's Jewish. Being a minority isn't always about skin color, I'm a minority but I'm White. I also don't speak with the standard American dialect either.

Excuse Me!! But from the other whites on here who brag about their heritage all I've heard is Anglo-Saxon, so go call them the morons!! Why do YOU PEOPLE have to call ppl names?

Excuse Me!! But from the other whites on here who brag about their heritage all I've heard is Anglo-Saxon, so go call them the morons!! Why do YOU PEOPLE have to call ppl names?

What do you mean by "YOU PEOPLE" ? ::winks::

Anyways, you hear that from some Whites, there's a lil more than a billion of us and we come from over 200 different ethnicities, cultures and many countries. There's no singular identity or ethnicity. Anglo Saxon is just one of many ethnicities. Just about any White who's called what they're not, is going to be offended.

Thank You!! I was hoping someone would read between the lines of what I said and you did!! You're alright with me!!:eusa_:razz:

Minority refers to the number of their race in the top IQ bracket. There are very few blacks with high IQs, therefore, they are minorities.

Forum List

Back