I am new here.

Interesting home page. Ya don't have a lot of issues you're concerned with and the one you do concentrate on links to federal law listing. Playing it close to the chest? :eusa_eh:
There really is a logical strategy behind this and I will try to explain.

When one is an incumbent candidate then to use very many issues it is to their advantage because it widens their field, but for an outside challenger then one must have very few issues and even just one point to attack with because the challenger will be dumped on and dumped out with the many issues.

This is a debatable strategy which might work or might fail and it is more risky because many issues would protect me better if I lose and my one issue will damage me far more if I lose under the one, but if I win the election under a one issue platform then that will give me a mandate - especially if I win against an incumbent - so I have more to lose and more to win in this strategy.

It actually comes from Alexander the Great who made a fantastic defeat against Darius the Persian around 326 B.C.E. In the Sanskrit of old India the strategy is referred to as "the thunderbolt formation" as that is what they called a lightning bolt by our modern terminology.

The thunderbolt is to strike the larger opponent in as small of a point as possible - even needle point (or lightning point), because a wide field against a bigger opponent is sure to lose.

Alexander led his charge into the Persians at a small entrance which divided the Persian army and then he charged directly at Darius the heart of their forces and as Darius was forced to flee then Alexander won a great historical victory.

Many people have tried to follow the Alexander strategy and many have failed in it while others have been successful. Julius Caesar claimed to follow Alexander but the story of Shakespeare has Mark Anthony using the strategy in his naval attack and the Romans knew the strategy and defeated Anthony by letting his lead ship to pass through their front lines. At Waterloo Napoleon used the strategy but even though Napoleon broke through the lines there was no Darius for him to strike so he lost. The WWII battle of the bulge was another example where the German pointed affront did work but again there was no Darius to strike and they lost. George W. Bush tried it in his claim of "weapons of mass destruction" and Bush failed because it was not there. The strategy requires both a needle point attack and a vulnerable target to strike and so I am doing the strategy whether it works or not is yet to be seen.

You said "Playing it close to the chest" and that was a very accurate assessment.

JP

First off, welcome to the forum.

Darius III was killed in what is modern-day Afghanistan/East Iran. I've never heard of him fighting Alexander's armies in India. It sounds like you're describing the Battle of Issus.

Frankly child support seems like a small, side issue. Sure there will be people who are passionate about its reform, I'm one of them, but that's just not broad enough of an issue to get big numbers to the polling stations. Alexander was successful at Issus not just because of concentrating his forces, but for concentrating them into the right areas at the right time. If you're going to be single-issue, it should be on the right issue at the right time. Right means an issue that is front-and-center in the national debate, and can be tied directly to the individual's pocketbook, or the proverbial kitchen table. Campaigning on energy independence or reform or whatever would have been a better single issue to go on at this time, instead of child support, because it effects everyone and high gas prices really are noticeable in a still-sluggish economy and it's getting play on the national level. In the end though, constituents' concerns are varied and people will ask you questions beyond child support to see if you're a novelty or someone with a wide range of knowledge and understanding who should be taken seriously, so hopefully you have a platform on those issues too. They don't just vote on child support in the Senate.

Anyways, enjoy your stay.

So how much did your wife screw you in the divorce?
I say that seems like a rather fitting question for this intro thread - even though that question is popping out of no where visible.

I do not see my wife as screwing me in our divorce as our separation was my fault and the divorce was equitable.

Me and she were High School sweethearts and our marriage failed but we had a healthy son and we live with the consequences.

Did your wife screw you?

:eusa_whistle:

I take that to mean that you paid a rather large amount of support then? Good for you, the kids needs must come before the parents needs. I knew a guy that skipped out and left his family broke, never paid a dime toward the childs needs.
Sounds like you took the high ground and just did what needed to be done.

I say that seems like a rather fitting question for this intro thread - even though that question is popping out of no where visible.

I do not see my wife as screwing me in our divorce as our separation was my fault and the divorce was equitable.

Me and she were High School sweethearts and our marriage failed but we had a healthy son and we live with the consequences.

Did your wife screw you?

I take that to mean that you paid a rather large amount of support then? Good for you, the kids needs must come before the parents needs. I knew a guy that skipped out and left his family broke, never paid a dime toward the childs needs.
Sounds like you took the high ground and just did what needed to be done.
How old is your son now? and did or do you and your wife still get along?

Did your wife screw you?

Welcome. BTW, I think RightWinger's wife is named 'Bruce'.

First off, welcome to the forum.
I thank you for the welcome.

And I thank all for their welcomes.
Darius III was killed in what is modern-day Afghanistan/East Iran. I've never heard of him fighting Alexander's armies in India. It sounds like you're describing the Battle of Issus.
Wow, it is not often for me to meet a person who knows Alexander so well.

What I am saying is my own personal interpretation and my own application so I am referring to my own understanding of the battle plan and its now application.

I am referencing the Battle of Issus as I learned it in a rather old copy of a National Geographic Magazine story and they had maps and pictures describing Alexanders and Darius etc, and I got my perspective from there.

The reason I referenced India and the Sanskrit is because I found the "Thunderbolt Formation" which described the same tactic of Alexander as told in the Nat-Geo magazine so I put the two stories together and then drew my own conclusions.

The Sanskrit translation was found in a book titled: "The Bhagavadgita in the Mahabharata" translated by J.A.B. van Buitenen. In all previous translations of the Gita they do not include the known interpolations but van Buitenen put the extra text into his translation and there it was the Thunderbolt Formation pages 57 & 59.

The Sanskrit does not mention Alexander nor Darius nor the Persians or Greeks, but the extra text added onto the Gita are from that time period circa 300 BCE and even in India Alexander was known for his greatness and it is only sensible that they would record it into their greatest of literature, in my own opinion of course.

Even in far off India they heard the reports of Alexander's fantastic defeat of the Persian Empire of Darius.
Frankly child support seems like a small, side issue. ... ...Campaigning on energy independence ... and high gas prices ... constituents' concerns are varied and people will ask you questions beyond child support ... ... so hopefully you have a platform on those issues too. They don't just vote on child support in the Senate.
The strategy of only one issue is meant for the News media and for my political opponents because they will try to expand the field to serve themselves and I must try to toe the line to the needle point as in my one issue.

To everyone else as like on this forum then yes I will discuss any subject and I will take many stands on many issues because this is like a two edged sword which cuts both ways.

My real enemy is the News sources and my political opposition which will try to avoid my one issue, while on the other side are the voters whom I will answer to anything.

As like Alexander fought the dirty rotten Persians but he was answerable to the friendly Greeks on his back side.

:redface:

Mr. Cusick
You mentioned that you would consider answering questions that were not related to your main topic of concern.
If you could, I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the illegal immigration problem that this country is now facing (legal and illegal are different subjects) and what you would be prepared to do to stop the flow into this country.
Considering the unemployment rate, and the high cost of unemployment benefits and social services, do you think that restricting the illegal entry could open some jobs that could be taken by those currently living off of the taxpayers dollars?
In my opinion, (valued only by me I'm sure) restructuring the system could put more people back to work, generate more tax dollar and reduce the expense of social programs currently stretched to the limit.

Mr. Cusick
You mentioned that you would consider answering questions that were not related to your main topic of concern.
If you could, I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the illegal immigration problem that this country is now facing (legal and illegal are different subjects) and what you would be prepared to do to stop the flow into this country.
Considering the unemployment rate, and the high cost of unemployment benefits and social services, do you think that restricting the illegal entry could open some jobs that could be taken by those currently living off of the taxpayers dollars?
In my opinion, (valued only by me I'm sure) restructuring the system could put more people back to work, generate more tax dollar and reduce the expense of social programs currently stretched to the limit.
I see you are newly registered and maybe you do not know about forum etiquette, so this board is for "Introductions" and it is not meant to be used for other discussions as you are asking.

I have started another thread in the "Politics" board about my primary issue about "Child Support" and even there we are to stick to "Politics" and to each thread topic.

Surely people do go off track many times but it is better to at least try to follow the game plans and when some posters keep the rules it help others to stay on track.

Peace. :bye1:

Did your wife screw you?

Nah, She reserves that for the mailman

Hi all.

I am a candidate for the US Senate for the State of Maryland but I still want to discuss issues on this board, and I really am not campaigning here as I am campaigning only in my own State of Maryland.

For me it is important that I communicate under my real name as myself and not anonymously because I do expect and want my words to be scrutinized.

JP

here>

3rd-space-fps-vest.jpg

good luck.....

I thought the only issue in the US 2012 election had already been settled.
He showed it, and everyone is happy.
Nothing more to talk about for the next 18 months.
Ho hum.

So you lost for Governor of MD and now you are seeking the DEM nod to run for Senate?

Your previous campign seems to be based on reforming reform the Child Support laws.

Do you really think that single issue is of the greatest importance to your consituents?

So you lost for Governor of MD and now you are seeking the DEM nod to run for Senate?
I did lose the Governor Primary election against the big rich incumbent but I still got 46,411 votes, link HERE, so the US Senate is another Statewide campaign.

Your previous campaign seems to be based on reforming reform the Child Support laws.
Yes it was, and I am still on that same agenda.

Do you really think that single issue is of the greatest importance to your constituents?
I figure most of the constituents are concerned about their jobs and sports and relationships, but I am a leader and not a follower.

I know what is most needed in our society and that is to reform the evil Child Support laws ASAP.

Politicians often jump onto the various popular band-wagons, but I want to make improvements more then win an election. I would not want to win my election if it meant I had to be silent about the evils which I see.

:cool:

Forum List

Back