I am loving this. Big tax refund!

only stupid people overpay, IMO.
enjoy
I didn't have much choice in the matter. They tax windfall profit income at a higher percentage rate, but my yearly earnings overall put me in the lowest bracket. So, end of year they owe.

Anyone who WORKS and overpays, that's a different story. They can control that with their W-4 form. I cannot.
So you made less money in 2008 than you did in 2007 and therefore owed less in taxes?
I actually made a tad bit more in 2008. 2006 was sort of a transition year, it was a small refund due to the income level. The refund for 2007 was something like $500.

So yeah, I made more this year but got alot more back from Uncle Sam.

I got a big tax refund as well. I usually try to break even, but this year I got about $1,000. I made sure I cashed the check quick because you never know when the US will go bankrupt.

lol Dick Morris is on Hannity,, he said the US of KKKA will not go bankrupt so long as they have the ability to tax! :eusa_whistle:

lol Dick Morris is on Hannity,, he said the US of KKKA will not go bankrupt so long as they have the ability to tax! :eusa_whistle:
Dick needs to do some math. If we taxed the richest Americans -- ALL of them, at 100% for the next three years, we would almost cut the current budget deficit by 40%.

Of course, he might know this and was saying, we will soon not have the ability to tax. But we're far from that at this point.

But, it's being worked on!

Has anyone done their taxes yet? I just finished a bit ago.

I overpaid in 2008, to the tune of $2800 and that's coming back to me in a nice little check from the IRS next week.

Big tax refunds going to folks who never have to work, have no debts, who were frugal when frugal wasn't cool, who saved instead of spending and bought everything with cash.... And who still have most of their cash... Life couldn't be better!

I'm liking this tax plan!

only stupid people overpay, IMO.
enjoy
Stupid is, underpaying for years then blaming it on Turbo Tax when you get caught.

I overpaid in 2008, to the tune of $2800 and that's coming back to me in a nice little check from the IRS next week.

Big tax refunds going to folks who never have to work, have no debts, who were frugal when frugal wasn't cool, who saved instead of spending and bought everything with cash.... And who still have most of their cash... Life couldn't be better!

I hate you, we owe $980.36

But I bet that's down from last year. Just keep up what ya'll are doing, you'll get where I am in a year or so!

But I bet that's down from last year. Just keep up what ya'll are doing, you'll get where I am in a year or so!
No last year we got close to 1200 back.

No last year we got close to 1200 back.
What changed? Clearly something did.
Income went up, and he claimed 2 instead of 0! I tried to warn him but he said "Why let the Gov have the money when it belongs to me.
Stopping Uncle Sam from getting a year-long interest free loan from you is all well and good. But be prepared to pay up if you underpay.

Get an accountant, find some deductions!

MM, He handles all that and is closed minded so when he gets tired of paying and next year I assure you we'll probably owe an extra $800.00 due to that 13 buck a week little gift Obama threw at everyone. LOL

You do know that so called $13.00 a week Obama gave will count as income because the Tax table hasn't changed so next year you will actually have an added income of about $800.00 something that will be taxable.

You do know that so called $13.00 a week Obama gave will count as income because the Tax table hasn't changed so next year you will actually have an added income of about $800.00 something that will be taxable.
It won't matter. I will have no federal tax liability next year. Zero. And will get back another nice refund.

:confused: The tax table has changed, what are you talking about?

Tax table will not change to reflect that 13.00 a week.

We got our revised tax tables this week. They are changed. And it isn't $13, btw...it is different based on salary just like all the tax brackets are.

We got our revised tax tables this week. They are changed. And it isn't $13, btw...it is different based on salary just like all the tax brackets are.
Oh this week...I wasn't aware of that. I stand corrected. I'll go check it out now.

Forum List

Back