"I Am Legend" - Any Good?

I wanted to catch a screening in Vegas but the GF said she didn't drive 400 miles to see a movie.

The way I see it,

Will Smith + AR-15 + German Shepherd + Zombies = Fucking BADASS.

Anyone seen it yet?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it has gotten pretty good reviews and the book is very good.

Loved it, ever see Omega Man with Charlton Heston? It is from the same Book. I must have jumped about 12 times in the movie. Good from start to finish.

I saw it about a decade ago and I loved it as well. I remembered reading the book when I was younger and knew that I loved it, so I bought it yesterday and read it cover to cover in a couple of hours. I couldn't put it down.

Since you learn this right at the start no spoiler at all. In this version the "plague' is from a cure for cancer. A doctor develops a retro measles virus that protects people from Cancer. The starting point is New York City, Manhatten to be exact.

They are not exactly zombies either.

I wanted to catch a screening in Vegas but the GF said she didn't drive 400 miles to see a movie.

The way I see it,

Will Smith + AR-15 + German Shepherd + Zombies = Fucking BADASS.

Anyone seen it yet?

I saw it Saturday. It was very good, though it did avoid the subject a vampirism as described in the original book. The violence was not excessive nor was it graphic. There were a few "gotchya!" moments making my wife and a few others start. It is certainly worth the matinee price, and I would not have been disappointed had I paid full price or waited and bought the DVD when it comes out (this is one gauge I use, would I have been disappointed had I bought the DVD?). The depiction of an abandoned New York City is eerie. All in all, I would recommend it.

The 1964 Vincent Price version, The Last Man on Earth probably stayed closest to Matheson's book, while the 1971 classic The Omega Man with Charleton Heston is closest to this current version. Make no mistake, however, I Am Legend is very good and much better than the previously mentioned films.

I saw it Saturday. It was very good, though it did avoid the subject a vampirism as described in the original book. The violence was not excessive nor was it graphic. There were a few "gotchya!" moments making my wife and a few others start. It is certainly worth the matinee price, and I would not have been disappointed had I paid full price or waited and bought the DVD when it comes out (this is one gauge I use, would I have been disappointed had I bought the DVD?). The depiction of an abandoned New York City is eerie. All in all, I would recommend it.

The 1964 Vincent Price version, The Last Man on Earth probably stayed closest to Matheson's book, while the 1971 classic The Omega Man with Charleton Heston is closest to this current version. Make no mistake, however, I Am Legend is very good and much better than the previously mentioned films.

My wife can't watch movies with any amount of gore or blood on the screen. She is perfectly okay with people being shot and falling over dead, but that is about the extent of it. Could she watch this movie, or do I have to find someone else to go with?

My wife can't watch movies with any amount of gore or blood on the screen. She is perfectly okay with people being shot and falling over dead, but that is about the extent of it. Could she watch this movie, or do I have to find someone else to go with?

I think she could watch this movie. I don't remember any real blood and gore on the screen. There is some shooting of the antagonists, there is a dog attach that results in some blood but that's about it. There is a scene or two involving some experiments on the infected humans, but nothing one might consider gore.

I think she could watch this movie. I don't remember any real blood and gore on the screen. There is some shooting of the antagonists, there is a dog attach that results in some blood but that's about it. There is a scene or two involving some experiments on the infected humans, but nothing one might consider gore.

Thank you.

I agree Reilly....my wife and I saw it last weekend. It was a wild ride, but nothing gratuitously gory. We both liked it a lot!

I've heard the shots of post-apocalypse New York are pretty creepy.

So far the best post-apocalyptic big city shots I've ever seen in a movie were in 28 Days Later. Man, those gave me the heebie-jeebies.

I'll probably take the girlfriend with me to see this on Friday. Review incoming!

Me and my brother saw it tonight. It was good, everyone said the ending was bad, I think it ended perfectly. The NYC apocolyptic scenes were pretty scary, I thought the person portrayed by Will Smith did an excellent job at doing what most of us say "if I was the last person on earth, I would..." :thup:

Me and my brother saw it tonight. It was good, everyone said the ending was bad, I think it ended perfectly. The NYC apocolyptic scenes were pretty scary, I thought the person portrayed by Will Smith did an excellent job at doing what most of us say "if I was the last person on earth, I would..." :thup:

The ending was predetermined by the book. The ending is the same in the two previous versions of the Movie. Omega Man and one made in 1964 with Vincent Price, as I recall. Never saw that one.

Forum List

Back