I Am Fa--reezing!!!

It's warmer here now so it's also snowing. The power went out for a while but has come back on now. I don't know how long it will stay one, though. I'm not looking forward to work tonight, either. Snow really complicates things when you're doing "turn and burn" service for jumbo jets.

This night it was a silent snow with big flakes - an awesome weather for walk and enjoy...

I saw some years ago, how technics made "turn and burn" with engine, got a bird or similar thrash... A spiral smoke from engine and so on... They've cleaned it and plane started some minutes later :) It was Tu-134, very nice plane with characteristics closer to bomber, not a passenger plane... It flew like nobody else :)
Mostly, we see AN 124 aircraft here, rarely an AN 225 on its way to an air show. "Turn and burn" here means fill the fuel tanks and send it on its way. Anchorage is actually the third largest cargo aircraft port in the world.

Oh, you have darkless nights every summer at this latitude. I'm living about 10 degrees souther. Since I worked in Nizhnevartovsk, I remember a festival "Samotlor nights", some days during summer solstice with white nights :)) They have even a special mark of vodka for these days.

An-124 is a great power :) About "turn and burn" - I really hear it every week, because I live near aircraft manufacture. President and his helpers are usually this airfield, because it's more comfortable than official airport... It's a days, when I afraid to observe street through an optical sight of my pneumatic rifle :))))))

Well,the snow is here but not nice, big, fluffy flakes. No, we have very fine ice particles that coat all surfaces with ice as well as accumulate a heavy layer on top of everything. They are clearing as fast as they can but runways are first priority and taxiways are second. The parking areas are covered by a layer of sloppy snow and slush almost knee deep. Every airplane has to be washed clean of snow and ice and then treated to prevent new accumulation before the aircraft can take off. It's an ongoing battle against time and the elements.
I dread the drive home.

:( :( :( It is 18 freakin' degrees! This tie last week i was at the beach with it in the 70's. I am so cold now. Must be that Goreble Warming.

:( :( :( It is 18 freakin' degrees! This tie last week i was at the beach with it in the 70's. I am so cold now. Must be that Goreble Warming.

Luxury. When I got up today it was 5.

But we have a nice blanket of snow. By yesterday morning I had eight inches.

I am a bit worried about mrg too. He is acting strange. Last night he asked me if it was 9 in the morning or 9 at night. I said it's pretty dark out there for morning and I just gave you your dinner. He looked confused. Actually, he has been sleeping a lot too.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I am a bit worried about mrg too. He is acting strange. Last night he asked me if it was 9 in the morning or 9 at night. I said it's pretty dark out there for morning and I just gave you your dinner. He looked confused. Actually, he has been sleeping a lot too.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Up here, this time of year, it's difficult to tell 9 am from 9 pm. Of course, all that is changing. The stress of your situation is not doubt taking its toll on both of you.

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!

Indeed. We could use some of that mythical Global Warming right about now.

The weather has been strange here. It was freezing one day and then about 60 the next. Today it's cold again, 23 degrees right now. Tomorrow even colder and then it's going to warm up to close to 50 in the middle of the week. I never know WHAT to wear! :lol:

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!

It's so cold, politicians in Washington are putting the hands in their own pockets!

Forum List

Back