I am Embarrassed to be an American Today

I can't tell you how many jobs I applied for, only to be emailed in return by a fucking temp agency. That is what they do. They post jobs and when you apply, they send you a bunch of shit, wanting you to sign up with them. I can even post some of my emails here, I think. I can just take out any personal info or post one of the generic ones where they send you a bunch of "job listings" in your area. Any time you go to apply for these "jobs" it seems as if they don't really exist and are just a scam to get you by these temp agencies. It's fucking horrible out there. Take my word for it.

You are unemployable for some reason. Give me your resume without personal info and a zip code within 50 miles of your home and I will fiond a job for you. No charge.

You must work at one of those temp agencies? ;) Lol.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...but no.

Things were slow here for a few years , but it has come back very strong 4.5% unemployment in my area

Yes, but the problem is people are only getting part time jobs and are therefore still relying on social services for support in some cases. Also, the wages they are offering are crappy. They know that people need jobs, and employers are totally taking advantage of that fact.

Maybe it

For Most Americans, Wages Aren’t Just Stagnating — They’re Falling

Not surprisingly, this corresponds to many of the occupations that are adding the most jobs. As competition increases within those fields, employers can squeeze workers on wages. Outside of registered nurses, the occupations with the highest job growth expectations over the next several years all offer average wages at the median or below. Personal care aides, a growing field as the population ages, had a median hourly wage last year of $9.82 an hour, 6.6 percent below the level in 2009.
We still have a house in NY and the wages are crap there if you are non union compared to the cost of living. The point is this didn't come about over the last few years, this is a systemic problem that has been growing for the past 30 years

I don't know, but I don't seem to remember this issue before Massachusetts adopted Romneycare. Now, this link I am giving you is from OSHA and it really has nothing to do with politics. It is also telling us about the huge rise in temporary employment in my state. Get ready. It's coming.

From the Desk of Jack Healy: OSHA's New Policy Regarding Temporary Workers

OSHA is launching a more vigorous policy focused on issues related to increased and widespread use of temporary workers in a number of industry sectors. The policy contains new guidelines that cover training responsibility, safety, and enforcement among other things. This new policy will have a significant impact on manufacturers and it is important to be aware of the new provisions of this policy.

A prime reason for this initiative is the experience in Massachusetts after the implementation of Romney Care. Temporary jobs increased 6 times faster in MA than nationwide after the law was implemented. It became apparent there was a need to define whose primary responsibility it is to prepare and train the temporary employees to assure a safe working environment.

OSHA anticipates a similar trend of employers moving to use more temporary workers nationwide with the implementation of the Affordable Health Care law – ACA. As a result, it has created some ambiguity regarding who was responsible for their health and safety – the agency or host employer? OSHA believes employers are adopting the practice of using part-time temporary workers to avoid the costs of full-time, direct employees, and to skirt the OSHA laws, thus avoiding responsibility for certain training and liability.

Maybe it's time for single payer medicare coverage for all? One giant pool of all American citizens covered from cradle to grave.

What is the down side?

Never let a government control that aspect of your life.
It's like welfare,once you're dependent they own you.

Echoing bullshit is not helpful. Welfare reform replaced AFDC, such aid is now called TANF, and the T stands for Temporary. Do some homework and then might not be perceived as ignorant.

I can't tell you how many jobs I applied for, only to be emailed in return by a fucking temp agency. That is what they do. They post jobs and when you apply, they send you a bunch of shit, wanting you to sign up with them. I can even post some of my emails here, I think. I can just take out any personal info or post one of the generic ones where they send you a bunch of "job listings" in your area. Any time you go to apply for these "jobs" it seems as if they don't really exist and are just a scam to get you by these temp agencies. It's fucking horrible out there. Take my word for it.

My oldest son with degrees in Math and Computer programming had two one year jobs after college, when he and others approached their one year anniversary and would begin to earn benefits, they got laid off.

Twice was enough, he's now a Driver for UPS and has the benefits and representation of the Teamster's. Good money, great benefits and he no longer needs to pay for a gym membership.

Maybe it's time for single payer medicare coverage for all? One giant pool of all American citizens covered from cradle to grave.

What is the down side?

Oh, the government seems to have a way to turn everything it touches into poop. Lol. :) They will CREATE problems, I'm sure. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Maybe we should stop taking in refugees and stop sending billions of dollars overseas and start thinking about helping our own here at home and staying out of other people's problems, like they ask us to? Then we would have more money to spend on our own people and our own country and making it better for us.

Problems can be solved when people of good will put their collective mind to defining the problem and honestly seeking solutions; some work, some fail and some have promise but need to be revised.

Medicare fraud is a problem, the criminal act is fraud and the perpetrators are not government agencies but private sector medical professionals, their suppliers and employees. That's a problem.

The solution is not only to require the thief to pay restitution, but to take away their license to practice their craft; and put them in prison, when the crime is egregious and premeditated.

We all know what happens when the government takes control. It creates a lot of red tape, waste, and politics. Without enough people working to pay taxes to support such a system, it would collapse too. The amount of money we spend on medical care is through the roof!

You've created a problem in you mind, now, create a solution. Red tape is a dysphemism for regulations and waste is a product of too many law suits, fraud, unnecessary tests and procedures and the opposition of those who pay lobbyists to protect their golden goose; all fixable if men and women of good will want a solution and if the process is open to the public.

I didn't create a problem in my mind. That is usually what happens. Take a look at the VA???

I have. I have Kaiser, a pretty good experience for me and our family; both of my kids have Kaiser via the Temster's Union. But, my 93 yo dad had health care from his work as an officer of the Court, and gets better, faster and less costly care at the VA Clinic in SF. He has hearing loss as many combat vets understand, and before going to the VA he got some hearing aids from CostCo and before that from his employer subsidized health care. Neither worked very well and he spent a total of $8.000 for dysfunctional devices.

Then he went to the VA. HA's were molded for his ears, he was tested for over an hour by a doctor and spent another couple of hours with an intern learning how to clean them, put them in and replace the batteries. This all at the Fort Miley Clinic in San Francisco.

BTW, he never waited more than 5 minutes passed his appointment time, and the one time they were 5 minutes late the clerk advised us at the appointment time that the Doctor was running a little late.

The cost? $15 dollars, the VA and his employee health insurance paid what ever else was billed. As the Doc told him, he paid for her service by his service.

One again, if you continue to echo the current RW / Republican's meme(s) you will lose all credibility.

Last edited:
Well, fortunately for me, I posted a link that backs my claims. A lot of jobs out there are either temporary or part time. Sorry, that's a fact. If it hasn't affected you yet, wait, it will.

Things were slow here for a few years , but it has come back very strong 4.5% unemployment in my area

Yes, but the problem is people are only getting part time jobs and are therefore still relying on social services for support in some cases. Also, the wages they are offering are crappy. They know that people need jobs, and employers are totally taking advantage of that fact.

Maybe it

Not surprisingly, this corresponds to many of the occupations that are adding the most jobs. As competition increases within those fields, employers can squeeze workers on wages. Outside of registered nurses, the occupations with the highest job growth expectations over the next several years all offer average wages at the median or below. Personal care aides, a growing field as the population ages, had a median hourly wage last year of $9.82 an hour, 6.6 percent below the level in 2009.
We still have a house in NY and the wages are crap there if you are non union compared to the cost of living. The point is this didn't come about over the last few years, this is a systemic problem that has been growing for the past 30 years

I don't know, but I don't seem to remember this issue before Massachusetts adopted Romneycare. Now, this link I am giving you is from OSHA and it really has nothing to do with politics. It is also telling us about the huge rise in temporary employment in my state. Get ready. It's coming.

OSHA is launching a more vigorous policy focused on issues related to increased and widespread use of temporary workers in a number of industry sectors. The policy contains new guidelines that cover training responsibility, safety, and enforcement among other things. This new policy will have a significant impact on manufacturers and it is important to be aware of the new provisions of this policy.

A prime reason for this initiative is the experience in Massachusetts after the implementation of Romney Care. Temporary jobs increased 6 times faster in MA than nationwide after the law was implemented. It became apparent there was a need to define whose primary responsibility it is to prepare and train the temporary employees to assure a safe working environment.

OSHA anticipates a similar trend of employers moving to use more temporary workers nationwide with the implementation of the Affordable Health Care law – ACA. As a result, it has created some ambiguity regarding who was responsible for their health and safety – the agency or host employer? OSHA believes employers are adopting the practice of using part-time temporary workers to avoid the costs of full-time, direct employees, and to skirt the OSHA laws, thus avoiding responsibility for certain training and liability.

What is the down side?

I cover all liberal B/S...
Enjoy,
Who wants cradle to grave? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:eusa_whistle:

it's wrong when that happens.

but that *is* what happens when rightwingers vote for people who eviscerate unions and allow corporatists to destroy collective bargaining.

Maybe it

What is the down side?

Enjoy,

you mean you are BS. :cuckoo:

Maybe it

What is the down side?

Enjoy,

I understand now, you got your brainwash via Glen Beck. No wonder you're off your Axis, Axis 5 that is.

Last edited:
When are you going to begin relaying some information that suggests that the economy is better now than it was 7 years ago?

If only there was any information to that effect to relay. The job market still isn't so great.

For educated people with skills it is, the economy has changed, unskilled labor is no longer here , people need life long learning to gain the skills needed in the new economy. The skills needed today will be obsolete in a few years and new kills will be required

No they aren't. I am educated and skilled in the medical field. The jobs that are out there are part time, temporary and are not paying what they should. Also, there are just not a LOT of jobs out there. Like I said, the entire help wanted section is not even half a page for my area.

Not really sure where medical field you work but nurses and doctors do become obsolete. That is a fact. To avoid career crisis they do take refresh courses. The same with Engineers.
If you work in medical fields you know that it never slowed down because no matter what people still get sick and sicker.
This year I added total of 137 new employees the best in last 6 years. I can assure you that life and jobs are better than 6 or 7 years ago. New cars, new home, appliances, smart phone, computers, medical instruments, new building..... SALES ARE ALL UP. Shortage of Inventory of home for sales. The only area where it went bad is the prices of gas which is good for the America. So I'm not sure where and what is your indications.

You are missing the point. I'm not talking about nurses and doctors. I'm talking about those of us who work in support positions. MAs, CNAs, people on the administrative side of the medical field. I'm an MT, and I was looking for a part time job to supplement my income. Of course, I could have gotten another part time job as an MT anywhere, but I wanted something different. There are not many jobs out there. That is just a fact. A lot of them will only hire part time employees. Did you miss the link I posted? This is something a lot of employers are doing now!!

Read my post I mentioned several areas not just nurses and doctors. You are working from your home as an MT. What is an MT working from home? MT normally is called Med. Tech.
You don't make sense at all. You are looking for a part time job and you can get a par time job an as MT(whatever that is) if you wanted. Yet you are wasting a lot of time and complaining looking for something else. Why don't you stick with the job you know to stop your misery. Either you are lying here or you just don't know what you are doing or both.
I'm retired now and no longer involve in day to day operations but I'm still active on the background monitoring my company. That is why I have time to mess in the Internet.

If only there was any information to that effect to relay. The job market still isn't so great.

For educated people with skills it is, the economy has changed, unskilled labor is no longer here , people need life long learning to gain the skills needed in the new economy. The skills needed today will be obsolete in a few years and new kills will be required

No they aren't. I am educated and skilled in the medical field. The jobs that are out there are part time, temporary and are not paying what they should. Also, there are just not a LOT of jobs out there. Like I said, the entire help wanted section is not even half a page for my area.

Not really sure where medical field you work but nurses and doctors do become obsolete. That is a fact. To avoid career crisis they do take refresh courses. The same with Engineers.
If you work in medical fields you know that it never slowed down because no matter what people still get sick and sicker.
This year I added total of 137 new employees the best in last 6 years. I can assure you that life and jobs are better than 6 or 7 years ago. New cars, new home, appliances, smart phone, computers, medical instruments, new building..... SALES ARE ALL UP. Shortage of Inventory of home for sales. The only area where it went bad is the prices of gas which is good for the America. So I'm not sure where and what is your indications.

You are missing the point. I'm not talking about nurses and doctors. I'm talking about those of us who work in support positions. MAs, CNAs, people on the administrative side of the medical field. I'm an MT, and I was looking for a part time job to supplement my income. Of course, I could have gotten another part time job as an MT anywhere, but I wanted something different. There are not many jobs out there. That is just a fact. A lot of them will only hire part time employees. Did you miss the link I posted? This is something a lot of employers are doing now!!

Read my post I mentioned several areas not just nurses and doctors. You are working from your home as an MT. What is an MT working from home? MT normally is called Med. Tech.
You don't make sense at all. You are looking for a part time job and you can get a par time job an as MT(whatever that is) if you wanted. Yet you are wasting a lot of time and complaining looking for something else. Why don't you stick with the job you know to stop your misery. Either you are lying here or you just don't know what you are doing or both.
I'm retired now and no longer involve in day to day operations but I'm still active on the background monitoring my company. That is why I have time to mess in the Internet.

An MT is a medical transcriptionist, and I wanted a different job because I wanted to do something different and work outside of my home. I'm not in any misery. I'm just telling you how difficult it really is out there to get a good job, and I posted links that back up my claims.

Surprise, you are retired, not in the job market, and have no clue.

Oh, the government seems to have a way to turn everything it touches into poop. Lol. :) They will CREATE problems, I'm sure. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Maybe we should stop taking in refugees and stop sending billions of dollars overseas and start thinking about helping our own here at home and staying out of other people's problems, like they ask us to? Then we would have more money to spend on our own people and our own country and making it better for us.

Problems can be solved when people of good will put their collective mind to defining the problem and honestly seeking solutions; some work, some fail and some have promise but need to be revised.

Medicare fraud is a problem, the criminal act is fraud and the perpetrators are not government agencies but private sector medical professionals, their suppliers and employees. That's a problem.

The solution is not only to require the thief to pay restitution, but to take away their license to practice their craft; and put them in prison, when the crime is egregious and premeditated.

We all know what happens when the government takes control. It creates a lot of red tape, waste, and politics. Without enough people working to pay taxes to support such a system, it would collapse too. The amount of money we spend on medical care is through the roof!

You've created a problem in you mind, now, create a solution. Red tape is a dysphemism for regulations and waste is a product of too many law suits, fraud, unnecessary tests and procedures and the opposition of those who pay lobbyists to protect their golden goose; all fixable if men and women of good will want a solution and if the process is open to the public.

I didn't create a problem in my mind. That is usually what happens. Take a look at the VA???

I have. I have Kaiser, a pretty good experience for me and our family; both of my kids have Kaiser via the Temster's Union. But, my 93 yo dad had health care from his work as an officer of the Court, and gets better, faster and less costly care at the VA Clinic in SF. He has hearing loss as many combat vets understand, and before going to the VA he got some hearing aids from CostCo and before that from his employer subsidized health care. Neither worked very well and he spent a total of $8.000 for dysfunctional devices.

Then he went to the VA. HA's were molded for his ears, he was tested for over an hour by a doctor and spent another couple of hours with an intern learning how to clean them, put them in and replace the batteries. This all at the Fort Miley Clinic in San Francisco.

BTW, he never waited more than 5 minutes passed his appointment time, and the one time they were 5 minutes late the clerk advised us at the appointment time that the Doctor was running a little late.

The cost? $15 dollars, the VA and his employee health insurance paid what ever else was billed. As the Doc told him, he paid for her service by his service.

One again, if you continue to echo the current RW / Republican's meme(s) you will lose all credibility.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/24/va-misconduct-may-have-led-to-1000-deaths-report/

“Over the past decade, more than 1,000 veterans may have died as a result of VA’s misconduct and the VA has paid out nearly $1 billion to veterans and their families for its medical malpractice,” said Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who released the report Tuesday.

“As is typical with any bureaucracy, the excuse for not being able to meet goals is a lack of resources. But this is not the case at the VA where spending has increased rapidly in recent years.”

He said there was plenty of blame to go around.

“This reports shows the problems at the VA are worse than anyone imagined,” added Coburn, a practicing physician before he was elected to Congress.

“The scope of the VA’s incompetence — and Congress’ indifferent oversight — is breathtaking and disturbing. This investigation found the problems at the VA are far deeper than just scheduling.”

Coburn’s report included a laundry list of veterans who died or were seriously injured, allegedly at the hands of incompetent VA staff and/or bureaucratic red tape:

• The VA did a tooth extraction on a Philadelphia vet without checking his dangerously low blood pressure. He suffered a stroke on his way home from the procedure, which left him paralyzed.

• A vet in South Carolina had to wait nine months for a colonoscopy. After that long wait time, he was diagnosed with stage three cancer that could have been better treated with an earlier detection.

• Doctors who performed annual chest X-rays on another vet never spotted a lesion on his lung that eventually killed him.

307,000 vets may have died awaiting VA care, report says - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Hundreds of thousands of veterans listed in the Department of Veterans Affairs enrollment system died before their applications for care were processed, according to a report issued Wednesday.

The VA's inspector general found that out of about 800,000 records stalled in the agency's system for managing health care enrollment, there were more than 307,000 records that belonged to veterans who had died months or years in the past. The inspector general said due to limitations in the system's data, the number of records did not necessarily represent veterans actively seeking enrollment in VA health care.

In a response to a request by the House Committee on Veterans Affairs' to investigate a whistleblower's allegations of mismanagement at the VA's Health Eligibility Center, the inspector general also found VA staffers incorrectly marked unprocessed applications and may have deleted 10,000 or more records in the last five years.

In one case, a veteran who applied for VA care in 1998 was placed in "pending" status for 14 years. Another veteran who passed away in 1988 was found to have an unprocessed record lingering in 2014, the investigation found.

For more than a year, CNN investigated and reported on veterans' deaths and delays at VA facilities across the country, including detailed investigations in November 2013 and January 2014 examining deaths at two VA facilities in South Carolina and Georgia.

You don't even KNOW what an MT is, and you are going to try to give ME advice. Please, don't quit your day job and don't try to do me any favors. Thanks.

“Over the past decade, more than 1,000 veterans may have died as a result of VA’s misconduct and the VA has paid out nearly $1 billion to veterans and their families for its medical malpractice,” said Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who released the report Tuesday.

“As is typical with any bureaucracy, the excuse for not being able to meet goals is a lack of resources. But this is not the case at the VA where spending has increased rapidly in recent years.”

“This reports shows the problems at the VA are worse than anyone imagined,” added Coburn, a practicing physician before he was elected to Congress.

“The scope of the VA’s incompetence — and Congress’ indifferent oversight — is breathtaking and disturbing. This investigation found the problems at the VA are far deeper than just scheduling.”

Coburn’s report included a laundry list of veterans who died or were seriously injured, allegedly at the hands of incompetent VA staff and/or bureaucratic red tape:

• The VA did a tooth extraction on a Philadelphia vet without checking his dangerously low blood pressure. He suffered a stroke on his way home from the procedure, which left him paralyzed.

• A vet in South Carolina had to wait nine months for a colonoscopy. After that long wait time, he was diagnosed with stage three cancer that could have been better treated with an earlier detection.

• Doctors who performed annual chest X-rays on another vet never spotted a lesion on his lung that eventually killed him.

I posted the experience I had with my dad over the past few months. Honestly, I wouldn't believe anything a conservative senator said about anything, he and his ilk have been all partisan, all of the time, since they lost the White House in 2008. IMO the Conservative Caucus in the Senate, and every single Republican in the H. of Rep. should be impeached, if that were possible, for dereliction of duty for putting their job security ahead of the American people.

Last edited:

I can't find your reply here. Could you fix it please?

The VA has its problems but even so, it's a hundred times better than it was in the early 70s.

The point is that it sucks because it is run by government. We don't NEED anymore reasons to dislike that kind of system. Just like everything else the government touches, a single payer system may not be nearly as great as you think and is definitely going to have some unintended consequences. Can we afford a single payer system with our job market the way it is now? With 35% of our population eligible to collect some type of welfare, that is questionable and could be one of the reasons why that idea always seems to be abandoned. It is probably just TOO expensive in a country of over 300,000,000 people, many of whom are obese and suffering from significant health issues.

These costs are only predicted to rise in the future as we are seeing our first generations of children who are suffering from serious diseases with serious health consequences, like diabetes, which are related to obesity and which only used to be seen in adults. Can you just imagine the costs these people are going to incur over their lifetimes?

307,000 vets may have died awaiting VA care, report says - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Hundreds of thousands of veterans listed in the Department of Veterans Affairs enrollment system died before their applications for care were processed, according to a report issued Wednesday.

The VA's inspector general found that out of about 800,000 records stalled in the agency's system for managing health care enrollment, there were more than 307,000 records that belonged to veterans who had died months or years in the past. The inspector general said due to limitations in the system's data, the number of records did not necessarily represent veterans actively seeking enrollment in VA health care.

In a response to a request by the House Committee on Veterans Affairs' to investigate a whistleblower's allegations of mismanagement at the VA's Health Eligibility Center, the inspector general also found VA staffers incorrectly marked unprocessed applications and may have deleted 10,000 or more records in the last five years.

In one case, a veteran who applied for VA care in 1998 was placed in "pending" status for 14 years. Another veteran who passed away in 1988 was found to have an unprocessed record lingering in 2014, the investigation found.

For more than a year, CNN investigated and reported on veterans' deaths and delays at VA facilities across the country, including detailed investigations in November 2013 and January 2014 examining deaths at two VA facilities in South Carolina and Georgia.

Did you read the link you posted? Read it carefully and critically, My dad never applied for VA benefits until I suggested he do so this year. He was discharged in November 1945 as were many WW II vets and used the GI Bill to go to school.

He went to work in the Court System in SF and had health insurance as a benefit, never thinking about using the VA until I brought it up.

But the meme is government is no good, and the private sector is the second coming of Christ, so I won't bother you and others who simply echo the meme. It's unfortunate that people like you vote, it's how we got into the mess we are in today & that mess has many fathers, though the current meme promulgated by the Ministry of Truth is that Obama is at fault and G. W. Bush was a near great leader. Puke.

Forum List

Back