I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

Still love this thread!

Its now known as "evolving"

get with the times

I think it's called "Selling out". The establishment told you to take Romney whether you wanted him or not, and eventually you bent over.

I think both choices are awful, but at least Obama cares about people. Romney is in it for himself.

Still love this thread!

get with the times

I think it's called "Selling out". The establishment told you to take Romney whether you wanted him or not, and eventually you bent over.

I think both choices are awful, but at least Obama cares about people. Romney is in it for himself.
Obama cares about power and pretending to care about people is the way he chose to get it. Romney is no different really. He wants power and has proven that he will change his stance in order to appeal to as many people as possible to get it. That is the true danger of a flip flopper. They change their stance to whichever way the wind blows. If Romney gets in and he thinks the country is leaning liberal he will go liberal too. Obama just tries to appeal to the greed of people to get elected. Yes it is appealing to greed to offer people "freebies" to vote for you. Whether it be in the form of free healthcare or 3000 dollars extra in their pockets or an extra few bucks on your paycheck. What he is offering is my money because I am a taxpayer and a consumer. Since he isn't cutting the budget and isn't cutting spending then he must be borrowing it form the fed who will just print it. This is a hidden tax on all of us and he knows it.

Both of the are evil in my opinion because they are lying to gain power and will continue to erode our freedoms and sovreignty once they have it.

Last edited:
Still love this thread!

get with the times

Did you read that before you posted it? You think both choices are crap as I do. However since your voting for the other guy only I'm a sellout? Or were you referring to the two men's flipflops?

get with the times

Did you read that before you posted it? You think both choices are crap as I do. However since your voting for the other guy only I'm a sellout? Or were you referring to the two men's flipflops?

Actually, I've been pretty consistant.

I've said, day one, I am not going to vote for Romney because he's an evil person and a Mormon. (But I repeat myself.) This has been my position since I found out he WAS a Mormon. I haven't waivered, changed, or deviated from this issue.

If the GOP had nominated Santorum or Gingrich or Perry, I would have supported them.

This isn't really about idealogy so much for me as about character, because all these guys get pulled to the middle eventually. But Romney is just an awful person.

Forum List

Back