I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

Last edited:
We need to start thinking about our country instead of shit holes like the middle east and Africa. Ron paul will cut and is the most conserative person running. He is the only serious person running that WILL cut. Not newt, Romney, ect.

We can't keep fighting wars to save the middle east from its self. It is not our business!

Last edited:
  • Banned
Paul is not an option Matthew. He is just as fucked up as our other candidates. He will retire soon after this election and drift into history with his eyebrows. Thank god.

We need new blood. Screw these old lifers.

Get rid of Rush and Fox and all the charlatans and try doing something for the non rich. After Health Care gets going the GOP will come down from the Raygun high and get real...Hopefully they won't fuq up the economy every 3 months like the deficit limit crap...smaller giv't and cutting waste would be good if they MEANT it. You need the DEMAND, good luck.

Paul is not an option Matthew. He is just as fucked up as our other candidates. He will retire soon after this election and drift into history with his eyebrows. Thank god.

I doubt you have spent an honest 10 minutes looking into Ron Paul.

Next I'd like to point out that I called it, it took about 1 month or you to catch up to what I was telling you about Newt... Of course you will just react saying something near incoherent and how Paul sucks, but in the end I also doubt you spent an honest 10 minutes looking into any candidate you have supported so far.

Gramps, YOU are the problem. The Political infants that invest no amount meaningful effort despite all the answers being at your finger tips. It’s posers like you in the Republican party that help Neocons Big Government Progressives like Newt, or mindless drones, vapid of the basics on the most simple issues that this country faces like Cain rise to the top… Only to start sob story threads wallowing in your own self induced regurgitated cycle of dumping all your hopes in a candidate you knew nothing about.

I have supported Paul for 4+ years, when I hear you talk about him it’s clear you lack the ability to even comprehend what he talks about because you honestly don’t want to understand it. You make the choice to be irrelevant and uneducated on the issues.

I honestly think you are a good person… but when it comes to politics you care more about the “he said she said bullshit” than giving real answers to real problems more than a glance. There is no doubt in my mind I know more about Cain and more about Newt several times over than yourself…

I hope you learn from your mistakes rather than repeat them. I hope you can swallow your pride and disarm you defensive attitude to anyone that has more to say than “Fuck Obama!!!”

And for the Record, Newt is the king flip flopper, as someone who actually looks up candidates it's MUCH harder to find Mitt flip flopping than Newt... I could make a short movie of Newt flip flops in this thread if you like, you prolly couldn't get 5 min of Mitt's flip flops.

I doubt you have spent an honest 10 minutes looking into Ron Paul.

Next I'd like to point out that I called it, it took about 1 month or you to catch up to what I was telling you about Newt... Of course you will just react saying something near incoherent and how Paul sucks, but in the end I also doubt you spent an honest 10 minutes looking into any candidate you have supported so far.

Gramps, YOU are the problem. The Political infants that invest no amount meaningful effort despite all the answers being at your finger tips. It’s posers like you in the Republican party that help Neocons Big Government Progressives like Newt, or mindless drones, vapid of the basics on the most simple issues that this country faces like Cain rise to the top… Only to start sob story threads wallowing in your own self induced regurgitated cycle of dumping all your hopes in a candidate you knew nothing about.

I have supported Paul for 4+ years, when I hear you talk about him it’s clear you lack the ability to even comprehend what he talks about because you honestly don’t want to understand it. You make the choice to be irrelevant and uneducated on the issues.

I honestly think you are a good person… but when it comes to politics you care more about the “he said she said bullshit” than giving real answers to real problems more than a glance. There is no doubt in my mind I know more about Cain and more about Newt several times over than yourself…

I hope you learn from your mistakes rather than repeat them. I hope you can swallow your pride and disarm you defensive attitude to anyone that has more to say than “Fuck Obama!!!”

Of course you have no doubt that your far superior politically than me. Your a Fuckin Paul supporter. You my friend are the bigger idiot. You deal in Pauls what ifs while I face reality.

Ps. I would consider voting for Obama long before I would ever vote for the lunatic you support. Obama would cut our defense. Paul would decimate it.

No, Paul would remove all the waste in our military spending.

BTW, he's not as nuts on foreign policy as you think. Remember, the President doesn't get to do what he wants carte blanche. He's got a Congress, in addition to his Cabinet, to keep him in line.

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

Honestly, maybe you just give in to the idea that Obama will be re-elected, and then instead of trying to derail every single thing Obama wants to do, how about Republicans try to actually start working with Obama and the Democrats to accomplish something positive. And I am not saying that Republicans should just go along with whatever Obama wants. What I am saying is that there are plenty of issues where some type of compromise can be struck that will lead to positive outcomes. We seriously have to get passed this unbelievable partisanship.

BTW, he's not as nuts on foreign policy as you think. Remember, the President doesn't get to do what he wants carte blanche. He's got a Congress, in addition to his Cabinet, to keep him in line.

God hates gays...It is a sin, but what you're saying is very true. We need to get the hell out of the middle east and stop stupid wars...Yes, we will still have a military and can still go to war if we have a good reason, but war, war for no reason is dumb. :eusa_pray:

Last edited:

They would do more than keep him in line. A Paul presidency would be a complete waste. Neither side would work with him.

Avory is just the king of gotcha politics because that's all he's got. Pauls platform is not widely accepted. Never has been so he has to resort to attacking every other candidate. Paul is a laughing stock in DC. He has some good positions socially but even some of them are too extreme for mainstream. That's why Paul never wins anything beyond his own district. After Iowa his candle will fade as usual. Unfortunately Avory will still be here bitching daily about everyone else as if all this internet bluster means a god damn thing.

I come here to vent. I don't care who likes it or who doesn't because in the end were all partisans to our own beliefs and no minds will be changed.

WTF

Honestly, maybe you just give in to the idea that Obama will be re-elected, and then instead of trying to derail every single thing Obama wants to do, how about Republicans try to actually start working with Obama and the Democrats to accomplish something positive. And I am not saying that Republicans should just go along with whatever Obama wants. What I am saying is that there are plenty of issues where some type of compromise can be struck that will lead to positive outcomes. We seriously have to get passed this unbelievable partisanship.

The gop is trying right now to meet him half way with the tax cut pipeline bill. The obstruction is coming from the whitehouse.

Here is one of the things I like about Ron Paul:

Social Security: Paul has called the Social Security system “a mess” and supports allowing younger Americans to get out of the system. Supports personal retirement accounts. Has supported legislation to ensure that money paid into the system is only used for Social Security and opposes benefits for anyone who has not paid into the system and for illegal immigrants.

Ron Paul candidate platform

Funny, just like a broken clock Paul is always right at least twice.

Also its no surprise that yet another topic has turned into a love Paul fest. Too funny.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back