I am disappointed in many of my conservative posters...

CrochetyGeezer is just grumpy cause he got his electoral butt royally kicked.

No, he's grumpy because he's confusing political platforms with personal morality, which is a rather juvenile mistake for somebody with a geriatric name.

Your personal morality defines your political platform. And, that you don't get that? You simply have no standing to be talking about "juvenile". If your personal morality is to smoke pot? You're not going to follow the political platform which is against smoking pot. Duh! What part of that is it you just don't get?

CrochetyGeezer is just grumpy cause he got his electoral butt royally kicked.

No, he's grumpy because he's confusing political platforms with personal morality, which is a rather juvenile mistake for somebody with a geriatric name.

Your personal morality defines your political platform. And, that you don't get that? You simply have no standing to be talking about "juvenile". If your personal morality is to smoke pot? You're not going to follow the political platform which is against smoking pot. Duh! What part of that is it you just don't get?

The part where you fail to realize grown-ups understand that platforms are about more than one issue, and different issues are given different priorities by different people.

We lost an important election. That loss does not require that we all act like a bunch of meniacal partisan jackasses.

We have work to do within our own ranks and crying fowl does nothing for our cause. Except maybe make us look small and petty.

No election was stolen. No great injustice was done. We lost both with moderate and conservative candidates. Thus our problem is within not without. We have a message and branding problem. No ammount of crying about the election outcome will change that.

Just my two cents

It's been a fascinating couple of days.

The Republicans seem to have divided into two camps: Those like Grampa, who are engaging in sincere self-reflection (which, frankly, has surprised the livin' shit out of me), and those who are in complete denial and ready to double down on everything that put them in this position.

Question: Did anyone here who thought Obama was going to win (I had him at 300 EV, I undershot) expect any of the Republicans to question themselves? Holy crap, I even heard Limbaugh yesterday sounding very resigned, saying "we're outnumbered". Never would I have expected that.

So who wins - those who can see that the GOP needs to re-evaluate, or those who want to double down?

Grumps is the exception; not the rule.

It's happened exactly like what I thought was going to happen. These people can't read a poll, can't read the writing on the wall, and can't figure out what the hell went wrong. It would short-circuit their "I'm always right" hard wiring.

It happened exactly like I thought it was going to happen as well. I knew that Obamination and his minions had this election rigged and had no illusions whatsoever Romney was going to win. I mean, after all, Obamination is the guy who told Russia's president he'd have more "flexibility" after the election with a confidence of a guy who had something up his sleeve, that he'd win. After that comment, I think it was pretty clear things were set up for his win.

I've called the campaign of Governor Romney amateurish. I have yet to see any of his supporters criticize the campaign. Instead, Gasbag is accusing vote counters of being paid off. The media is getting blamed some more by Mudwhistle. There are allegations of voter impropriety from Dave"man". Most have blamed the electorate for being "stupid".

When this cycle ends, it will be more scapegoats--anything except their ideology being non-congruent with the electorate.
You mean our made-up ideology as fabricated by the left?

I put fourth some recommendations on appealing to Hispanics. The gun nuts, immigration, and never ending drive to attack all common-sense entitlements. What is also as plain on the nose on their face is (or should be) that a great swath of Mexico and many other Central American companies is that there is no government or much rule of law. So you come to America because you've heard that we are a kind and decent people who treat others right--we don't shoot on sight for example and the first thing the GOP does is hit them over the head with "We need less government." Forgive the Hispanics if they can't see the upside of militias and minutemen roaming the countryside and imposing "justice"
Sure we shoot on sight. If they want to come to America, they can do so the proper and legal way. Otherwise, we place motion activated phalanx guns all across the border of Mexico, pointing south. And, I think a lot of Mexicans of whom are in this nation legally would agree with me. I have a neighbor who lives up my street who is a Mexican and he's always talking about these Mexicans of whom come here illegally. And, he doesn't like them. However, scumbags like you and your minions come along and try and make out like Republicans are against ALL immigration, including immigration which is performed in the legal and appropriate way and, it's a pure and simple bunch of bullshit! And, those militia and minute men roaming the countryside? They aren't imposing "justice". They're preventing an "invasion". What part of; if you can't do it the legal and proper way GET THE FUCK OUT is it you don't understand? This nation is having enormous problems sustaining the people who are already here as it is. What makes you think it can afford to let untold numbers of people swarming over the border, expecting us to sustain them...too? If you're broke and you're just barely scraping by to feed your kids, do you let some stranger down on his/her luck into your home and let yourself and your kids starve so you can be a good-hearted individual and feed this stranger? As my mother always said: If you can't be good to yourself, you can't be any good to anyone else. And, if there's any problem in the Republican party, it's a problem with them conveying this message appropriately. That, if this nation dies trying to sustain people it can't sustain, it's not going to be any good to ANYBODY, in the future, when and if it's capable of doing so in the future. How can this nation, which is barely sustaining itself as it is right now, afford to allow approximately 700,000 (and this estimate may be as high as 1.5 million) illegal immigrants per year into this nation? You wan't to tell everyone how it is we can achieve this task?

Last edited:

The part where you fail to realize grown-ups understand that platforms are about more than one issue, and different issues are given different priorities by different people.

And, so too is personal morality about more than one issue and different issues are given different priorities by different people.

Well I disagree with the OP, I'm not disappointed in anyone because of the election. I voted for Romney, I had my say, now I'm going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving on the way I always do. Yippie ky aye mutherfucker let's ride this one out and see where it goes!

And, so too is personal morality about more than one issue and different issues are given different priorities by different people.

Congratulations, you're starting to mature.

Congratulations, you're starting to mature.

Sorry, I've been mature for well over thirty years now. In fact, some might even say thirty-five years as I was generally more mature in my ways than most of my peers.

Forum List

Back