I am cooking this year for Christmas.

Mr. P said:
Check my scampi recipe.
I know you can bbq lobster but I never have...too expensive to screw-up, ya know? ;)

I'll try the scampi recipe. I also want to try something, well you know, spectacular that will have them talking about this Christmas for years to come.

no1tovote4 said:
I need some Seafood ideas, anybody know if you can barbeque Lobster and if so do you have a recipe?
Years ago my Dad bbq lobster while we were camping...he just threw it on the grill ( you can preety much tell when they are done) serve with drawn butter... it was fantastic!
Jeff :)

no1tovote4 said:
I'll try the scampi recipe. I also want to try something, well you know, spectacular that will have them talking about this Christmas for years to come.
I got a recipe for oysters--appetizer--you might be intersted in!

Jeff & Laura said:
Years ago my Dad bbq lobster while we were camping...he just threw it on the grill ( you can preety much tell when they are done) serve with drawn butter... it was fantastic!
Jeff :)

Awesome, I am going to give it a go.

Okay, so here is how it went....

I barbecued lobster, I did try it out on my own family first...

I boiled them first for 10 minutes then I soaked them in a butter & garlic sauce then laid them on their back on the BBQ. You can pretty much tell when they are done by color, bright red = done. I must say so myself because none of y'all tasted them, they were tres magnifique!

The salad was, (what else?) crab salad.

I made corn chowder with lobster (instead of the lobster bisque), shrimp scampi (thank you Mr. P it were great), clams on a half-shell and a crab alfredo to round the dinner out.

For desert we had bananas foster...

I believe my status as the best culinary artist in the family has now been cemented, everybody had more than their share and left barely able to walk.

no1tovote4 said:
Okay, so here is how it went....

I barbecued lobster, I did try it out on my own family first...

I boiled them first for 10 minutes then I soaked them in a butter & garlic sauce then laid them on their back on the BBQ. You can pretty much tell when they are done by color, bright red = done. I must say so myself because none of y'all tasted them, they were tres magnifique!

The salad was, (what else?) crab salad.

I made corn chowder with lobster (instead of the lobster bisque), shrimp scampi (thank you Mr. P it were great), clams on a half-shell and a crab alfredo to round the dinner out.

For desert we had bananas foster...

I believe my status as the best culinary artist in the family has now been cemented, everybody had more than their share and left barely able to walk.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Forum List

Back