I Am Athiest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we have another asshole named Campbell for a while? Is this one and the same, just un-permabanned?
Yeah.. I guess that's him. Probably a kid living with his parents and masquerades as an adult…

.....................And I Despise Tax Cuts For The Upper 1%

When we had a middle class back in the 1950-1960 time frame a corporate executive earned about 50 times what a carpenter or plumber made. Now the elitist bastards make 400 times as much and know no shame. They set up a board of directors and tell them what they want. Then....they get it.

In the last thirty years the upper 10% of earners have increased their earnings by nearly 300% while the lower half of earners have remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

Something about that SUCKS!!!
The upper 10% pay most of the taxes, what cut are you talking about? Corporations are much bigger and more diversified these days, and global. Apple products are sold all over the world for example. But what business is the CEO's income to you?

The sorry fact is that as opportunity decreases the pay reflects it and too many retards buy the leftist's rhetoric and vote for what hurts them the most.

As far as atheism, how do you know there is no god?

How do you know there is one? There were twelve stories being passed around in the middle east and N. Africa around 300BC to 200AD. All of them told of a "son of god" who would be crucified and raised from the dead. One of every ten adult men alive then was claiming to be the son of god and every fourth one was named Jesus!!

• Mithra was born of a virgin on December 25th in a cave, and his birth was attended by shepherds.
    • He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
    • He had 12 companions or disciples.
    • Mithra's followers were promised immortality.
    • He performed miracles.
    • As the "great bull of the Sun," Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.
    • He was buried in a tomb and after three days rose again.
    • His resurrection was celebrated every year.
    • He was called "the Good Shepherd" and identified with both the Lamb and the Lion.
    • He was considered the "Way, the Truth and the Light," and the "Logos," "Redeemer," "Savior" and "Messiah."
    • His sacred day was Sunday, the "Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
    • Mithra had his principal festival of what was later to become Easter.
    • His religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper," at which Mithra said, "He who shall not eat of my body nor drink of my blood so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved."
  1. "His annual sacrifice is the passover of the Magi, a symbolical atonement or pledge of moral and physical regeneration."
  2. Samuel Golding is quoted as saying that 1 Cor. 10:4 is "identical words to those found in the Mithraic scriptures, except that the name Mithra is used instead of Christ."
  3. The Catholic Encyclopedia is quoted as saying that Mithraic services were conduced by "fathers" and that the "chief of the fathers, a sort of pope, who always lived at Rome, was called 'Pater Patratus.'"

Buddha

Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self–possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”

Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).

Dear Campbell
Buddha has been likened to an Eastern Moses.
The same way Moses gave the law to the Hebrew lineage,
Buddha brought the natural laws that speak to the Secular tribes.

both are two folds of the one flock.

As for Jesus, Justice has always been in existence on the level of "God in heaven" or the divine/collective level.

Even Buddhism teaches the laws of KARMA or cause and effect which is the spirit of Justice.

There are universal laws self-existent in the creation/universe.

The Secular Gentiles may relate to the Natural laws, as taught in Buddhism, and even Constitutionalism
as INHERENT in man's nature; while the tribes of believers may relate to Scriptural Laws and authority.

These are like two main branches of laws, where each tribe has a different language to express them.

Campbell there is no need to fear the differences between these tribal languages, customs and cultures.

If you start judging one for the other, how are you any different from the religious fundamentalists
who can only see things their way and can't see how these other ways fit together as one big picture?

If you think you are BETTER than others who teach the laws using God/Jesus,
then it is up to you to prove how your system includes all people universally while other systems leave out
people or parts of the truth.

If you are too busy excluding Christians or other ways, how is your way closer to universal truth?
If your way is only right by making other people wrong.

Wouldn't the truth, in order to be universal, include and explain ALL ways under one collective umbrella?

You ask how can you tell if you have found the real God or the real truth?

a. if it includes and explains all things and corrects all the conflicts as REAL "universal truth"
b. if you can see and understand all things, good or bad without denial, and STILL be positive forgiving and accepting, then that's real love of truth. if you can embrace the reality of life, the extreme positives and negatives, and still have faith that the good in the world conquers and outweighs the bad, then that is true faith

How can you tell if your perception is off
a. if you are still clouded with negative emotion, bias or division against others, if proving your way is right depends on making others wrong instead of correct all wrongs to make everything right.
b. if you add conditions or religious tests to your beliefs, they are not just naturally existing and occurring
but they are biased and weighted down with emotional need to prove or reject or attack other beliefs.
c. if you cannot see how to work out differences, but your security in your beliefs depends on excluding certain people or groups and not treating or including them equally in solutions. if there is any division at all between you and others where you do not see yourselves as equal members of society or humanity, then this shows a bias that is still preventing your perception and views from being 100% universal.

All people have biases, the key is being able to forgive, let go, accept and include each other
so we can work things out DESPITE our biases that we will always be conditioned to respond to.

So none of us is perfectly unbiased and so open to truth to be "omnipotent".
The most we can do is be open to working with others so that together, we check and balance
our perceptions, correct any faults in our information, resolve conflicts and establish what we agree is true.

When we had a middle class back in the 1950-1960 time frame a corporate executive earned about 50 times what a carpenter or plumber made. Now the elitist bastards make 400 times as much and know no shame. They set up a board of directors and tell them what they want. Then....they get it.

In the last thirty years the upper 10% of earners have increased their earnings by nearly 300% while the lower half of earners have remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

What does your post have to do with being an atheist?

The upper 10% pay most of the taxes, what cut are you talking about?

That's because they have more money than the bottom half of the country.

Dear Carla_Danger
it's not just about money, that's not the only way to measure where people are.

Look at who has KNOWLEDGE of the laws, access to legal resources to DEFEND their interests,
who own PROPERTY and can run BUSINESSES so they don't depend on other people, charity or govt.

If people keep depending on govt for their security,
do you think that is ever going to lead to equal empowerment?
Next to people who can run their own businesses, schools and even city districts.
why can't we work toward investing and training in people to own and manage their own communities
and school districts!

That takes more than just money, but investing money in practical education,
job and management training, participating in all levels of social, political and business development.

Until people have access to education, jobs and management training
then "all the money in the world" is not going to liberate people to operate independently as self-reliant citizens.
ie people are not going to be equal.

No amount of money can buy equality, people gain empowerment by learning to do things themselves.

No amount of depending on other people in parties or govt to defend rights is going to teach people to enforce the laws and standards by their own agreements and actions directly as EQUAL citizens, where people ARE the govt.

I would say knowledge of the laws is the most critical factor first,
then the money, resources, and ability to organize and manage follows from there.

If people don't know how the laws of nature, humanity, church and state work,
no amount of money is going to liberate anyone from ignorance, fear and dependence on others
who do have the knowledge and empowerment.

You as a bod give me a bonus because I'm a bod for your company. That's board of directors. My brother is a VP and gives out bonus'. Rule number 1 he says is feed the generals first. Rule number two is don't forget rule number 1.

I think they use religion to control the masses. If you can be convinced of the Jesus moses Joe Smith or Mohammad story convincing you global warming isn't real is probably a piece of cake.

I think they use religion to control the masses. If you can be convinced of the Jesus moses Joe Smith or Mohammad story convincing you global warming isn't real is probably a piece of cake.

So you and the OP are suggesting that RWers aka christians are getting rich because they are religious?

Maybe. The Morman Bishop got rich as a spin off to a Morman company. I guess the christian fascists can network easier within their own organizations and use these same held beliefs as leverage to gain wealth.

Dear sealybobo
People abuse GOVT to control the masses.
Does that mean being Anti-Govt and rejecting ALL GOVT as abusive?
Instead of seeking to correct the abuses and use Govt for rightful purposes and function?

People are abusing political parties where corporate interests lobby and pay off politicians.
Aren't we still using political parties to nominate candidates?
If we haven't renounced the party system for its corruption,
and REFUSED to keep using this -- Why keep targeting religions that are OPTIONAL
in this country, and don't have as much corrupting influence on MANDATORY laws and policies (including forced taxation under threat of penalty) as the parties do?

Wouldn't you go after parties and "leaders and lobbies of POLITICAL BELIEFS"
since those is directly affecting what we pay in taxes
and what policies we are FORCED to fund.

My question to you is, if the CORRUPTION and ABUSE of govt can be seen as
SEPARATE from the intended role of govt that has a good purpose to serve the public,
WHY CAN'T the same distinction be made for Religious institutions,
and distinguish the REAL intended purpose vs. the corrupted abuse of religion.

If Govt abuses can be corrected by holding govt and officials to the standards that are SUPPOSED to be followed, why doesn't the same process apply to correcting church abuses,
to hold officials and wrongdoers to the standards that are supposed to be followed.
So instead of blaming and badmouthing the church (or the state) for being hypocritical and abusive, those problems are actually CORRECTED so both the church and state serve their intended roles in supporting the greater good for all people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back