I Am Ashamed of My Country

I've never smoked crack either.

Guess I should keep my mouth shut about too, if and when the subject ever comes up...

If I were you, I'd keep my pie hole shut on literally any subject.
You come across as dense / mildly retarded.

I am sorely in need of a break and would like to thank everyone for their comments. Once again, I would like to say that as I sit here at this keyboard, our nation is on the brink of destruction. This is my last attempt to save it. This being the case, I get down on my knees and beg all of you to refrain from name calling and disparagement. All of us are honorable people and all of us have a right to express our opinions and concerns without fear. Soon we may no longer have this luxury.

Alan Adaschik

My Dad was a real WWII hero. He died last April. Before he died he said that if he had known what was going to happen to this country he wouldn't have been so patriotic in wanting to defend it. I got a citation in the mail from the defense department commemorating his service. It was signed by presidebt obama. I threw it in a drawer. I don't even want to see it.

I think I understand your feelings, but take care of that citation. It may mean something to your kids (if you got 'em) or grandkids. I've got one signed by Johnson that my family received in '67. It's framed and on my wall. I'm proud of it.

Seeing obama's name on the same paper as my Dads is insulting and offensive. I haven't even told my son, he'd rip it up and send it back.

I have thought of waiting until obama is out of office and returning it to ask for another signed by a president, instead of a presidebt.

Yeah....besides being the president of the most powerful country in the history of the world he graduated magna cum laude wth a law degree from Harvard. Take that schit to your son...or stick it up your arse.

I began my walk which led me to where I am when Congress enacted the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in 1994.

Why are you just upset about the GATT? Given the fact that 99.9 % of the statutes adopted by Congress are bold face usurpations?!?!?!?!?

I am not just upset about GATT. GATT is what got me started. I am absolutely livid about everything our government has done since the passage of GATT. In fact, I can think of nothing good they have done since then and everything they have done was to our detriment and demise. However, our real problem started way before GATT. Our government was overthrown from within upon passage of the Federal Reserve Act in 1913. This topic will be addressed in subsequent posts.

I'd have to say, I agree with a lot of what you say. I see going off the gold standard and then the rise in using credit by consumers in the 70's. We became a nation of credit, and then became self involved to the point government did as they pleased and we continued to ignore until it manifested it's decades of abuse in 2008. Now, we wake up and see the problems and our loss of freedoms. We are a nation out of control, and we need to wake up, take our financial punishment, reign in spending, reign in government and make our lawmakers give us our freedoms back.

You are out of line too. Your hatred and his are a disgrace.

I never discuss Bush. You have a sickness that makes you think and say that anyway.

And again. DO YOU WIPE YOUR ASS? That is a dumb insult. Dummy.

LoneLaugher: I beg of you, the topic of this tread is too serious for disparagement or name calling. I am sure you are an honorable person. Please refrain from venting your emotions and give me and everyone else a shot at learning the truth. I ask this in Christ's name; Amen!

You're asking the impossible on this board citizenal. You're going to have to start putting people on ignore or wade through it here.

Leftist liberals are an arrogant, mouthy bunch. They need to be verbally bitch slapped, kicked and shat upon. That's generally all their responses are worthy of.

Yeah....besides being the president of the most powerful country in the history of the world he graduated magna cum laude wth a law degree from Harvard. Take that schit to your son...or stick it up your arse.

When's he going to use that degree and title to do something productive, assfucker? If he truly has those characteristics, Harvard sure graduates some incompetent dumb fucks.

I think I understand your feelings, but take care of that citation. It may mean something to your kids (if you got 'em) or grandkids. I've got one signed by Johnson that my family received in '67. It's framed and on my wall. I'm proud of it.

Seeing obama's name on the same paper as my Dads is insulting and offensive. I haven't even told my son, he'd rip it up and send it back.

I have thought of waiting until obama is out of office and returning it to ask for another signed by a president, instead of a presidebt.

It is just amazing what affirmative action can accomplish.

My Dad was a real WWII hero. He died last April. Before he died he said that if he had known what was going to happen to this country he wouldn't have been so patriotic in wanting to defend it. I got a citation in the mail from the defense department commemorating his service. It was signed by presidebt obama. I threw it in a drawer. I don't even want to see it.

Sorry for your loss Katz, my father is still living and served in Europe in WWII. He has never asked for anything from his country after his service, he looked at it as an honorable duty. Truly a great generation, he is a union man that is disappointed in the direction this country is going.

I will one better you, my father was also a war hero and upon his death, dumbass bush sent him a citation in the make for commemorating his service. I pissed on the name george bush.

I will add I will never be ashamed of America or it's history that's what has made America the greatest Nation on earth. Through trials and tribulations comes forth greatness

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I am 68 years old, secure in retirement, led a storybook life, was a Navy Fighter Pilot, live far better than most Americans, and consider myself a patriot, a loyal American, a Christian, and a solid citizen. Upon my retirement as a Financial Administrator for the City of Fort Lauderdale, the City Commission dedicated the day I retired to me in my honor. Despite all this something is very wrong. I am ashamed of my country and believe that, for the past 100 years, the true history of this nation is one of deception, shame, and dishonor. Compounding my problem is that fact that as a Christian I believe God is truth. Therefore, I cannot lie to myself even though I loathe thinking what I believe to be true.

I began my walk which led me to where I am when Congress enacted the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in 1994. At the time, on my way to work I picked up a copy of the Sun-Sentinel and read these words; tossing sovereignty issues aside, Congress passed GATT. Upon so doing, I asked myself, “How the hell can Congress toss sovereignty issues aside? They are paid to protect our sovereignty.” Subsequently, I purchased a copy of the GATT accord and read it from cover to cover. I was shocked! Congress didn’t just toss sovereignty issues aside they tossed them in the shitter. What I learned was that a condition of our membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO) was Congress had to agree to subordinate itself, our President, and our Supreme Court to the WTO’s Ruling Panels and take steps to ensure that all our laws, regulations, and procedures conformed with those of the WTO.

My anger motivated me to write a book entitled, “While We Sleep, A Story of Government Without Law”. I also took it upon myself to sue our President and Congress over GATT’s Constitutionality acting as attorney pro se for the voting citizens of this nation. I also hosted a website called the Constitution Forum and recently, I wrote an open letter to the citizens of the United States which I mistakenly posted on this message board as my first thread. I say mistakenly because entire articles should not be posted because of legitimate concerns about possible copyright infringements. In any case, the purpose of my letter was to lead Americans down a similar path to the one I had taken in the hope they would finally wake up.

If you are interested in learning more about these matters, please use the following links.

My Open Letter to the Citizens of the United States:
An open letter to the citizens of the United States of America « The PPJ Gazette

A free copy of my book, “While We Sleep”:
While We Sleep - A Story of Government Without Law by Alan R. Adaschik

A transcript of my Lawsuit against the Federal Government:
A Constitutional Challenge To The WTO

If you have any questions about anything I have written or would like clarifying information, just ask. If you find anything in this material that you disagree with, please bring it to my attention and provide me with the reasons for your disagreement. I sincerely hope one of you can demonstrate where I have gone wrong so I can sleep better at night.

You appear to be very intelligent, very perceptive and very much an American. I won't hold the Christian part against you unless you become a fundamentalist preacher trying to spread the word.

Yes......it has now come down to being an American means thinking your country is a real shit-hole.

I tend to look at it's flaws (all countries have histories they're not proud of) and move on. They are lessons learned.

Last edited:
I will add I will never be ashamed of America or it's history that's what has made America the greatest Nation on earth. Through trials and tribulations comes forth greatness

I'm not "ashamed" of America either. Very irate with politicians that sell out our rights, freedoms and violate the constitution? Oh yeah, freakin' right I'm mad. Mad enough that I'll be right in the mix of it if there's ever another revolution to take our country back.

This thread presents a perfect illustration of the hyperbole and absolutism that so pervades contemporary American political discourse. If we don't do things my way, America will be utterly destroyed; those who disagree with me want to utterly destroy America. The end is near if we don't act now per my instructions.

I realize that this is what people hear when they listen to seemingly thousands of political blabbers on radio and TV, but it appears that some are actually buying into it. Evidently these are people who amazingly believe the blabbers are being intellectually honest with them.

See, America is not the same country as it was in 1787 when its brilliant Constitution was written; nor is it the same country as it was in 1825 or 1899 or 1934 or 1960. And just as significantly, neither is the rest of the world. The entire landscape has changed and will continue to change. Trying to remain in precisely the same position is simply not going to work in a modern and dynamic world, no matter what the blabbers tell you in between gold coin commercials.

Yet those who are consumed by the hyperbole and absolutism aren't listening. They have their schtick, they have completely committed themselves to it, and nothing is going to change their minds unless they are told to change their mind by their favorite partisan blabber. Okay, your call. But I certainly do see a great deal of wasted energy here.

A fascinating sociological/psychological/political study, indeed.

I will one better you, my father was also a war hero and upon his death, dumbass bush sent him a citation in the make for commemorating his service. I pissed on the name george bush.
And I'll call you on it... I think you're a fucking liar.

This thread presents a perfect illustration of the hyperbole and absolutism that so pervades contemporary American political discourse. If we don't do things my way, America will be utterly destroyed; those who disagree with me want to utterly destroy America. The end is near if we don't act now per my instructions.

I realize that this is what people hear when they listen to seemingly thousands of political blabbers on radio and TV, but it appears that some are actually buying into it. Evidently these are people who amazingly believe the blabbers are being intellectually honest with them.

See, America is not the same country as it was in 1787 when its brilliant Constitution was written; nor is it the same country as it was in 1825 or 1899 or 1934 or 1960. And just as significantly, neither is the rest of the world. The entire landscape has changed and will continue to change. Trying to remain in precisely the same position is simply not going to work in a modern and dynamic world, no matter what the blabbers tell you in between gold coin commercials.

Yet those who are consumed by the hyperbole and absolutism aren't listening. They have their schtick, they have completely committed themselves to it, and nothing is going to change their minds unless they are told to change their mind by their favorite partisan blabber. Okay, your call. But I certainly do see a great deal of wasted energy here.

A fascinating sociological/psychological/political study, indeed.

Compromise has led us to almost 16 trillion in debt and rising.

My father and his four brothers all served in WWII and he was still enlisted during the Korean conflict. I would never think of insulting him by doing anything other than honor and proudly display his citation if I were lucky enough to have it. That duty is left to my brother.

And......it was signed by George H.W. Bush. Thank you, President Bush.

You other assholes are out of line.

The nation is irrevocably and permanently divided. Its best interests would be served to peaceably divide before it is driven to violently divide.

Forum List

Back