I Am Ashamed of My Country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by citizenal, Apr 8, 2012.

1. citizenal

citizenal Living in Paradise

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    I am 68 years old, secure in retirement, led a storybook life, was a Navy Fighter Pilot, live far better than most Americans, and consider myself a patriot, a loyal American, a Christian, and a solid citizen. Upon my retirement as a Financial Administrator for the City of Fort Lauderdale, the City Commission dedicated the day I retired to me in my honor. Despite all this something is very wrong. I am ashamed of my country and believe that, for the past 100 years, the true history of this nation is one of deception, shame, and dishonor. Compounding my problem is that fact that as a Christian I believe God is truth. Therefore, I cannot lie to myself even though I loathe thinking what I believe to be true.

I began my walk which led me to where I am when Congress enacted the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in 1994. At the time, on my way to work I picked up a copy of the Sun-Sentinel and read these words; tossing sovereignty issues aside, Congress passed GATT. Upon so doing, I asked myself, “How the hell can Congress toss sovereignty issues aside? They are paid to protect our sovereignty.” Subsequently, I purchased a copy of the GATT accord and read it from cover to cover. I was shocked! Congress didn’t just toss sovereignty issues aside they tossed them in the shitter. What I learned was that a condition of our membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO) was Congress had to agree to subordinate itself, our President, and our Supreme Court to the WTO’s Ruling Panels and take steps to ensure that all our laws, regulations, and procedures conformed with those of the WTO.

My anger motivated me to write a book entitled, “While We Sleep, A Story of Government Without Law”. I also took it upon myself to sue our President and Congress over GATT’s Constitutionality acting as attorney pro se for the voting citizens of this nation. I also hosted a website called the Constitution Forum and recently, I wrote an open letter to the citizens of the United States which I mistakenly posted on this message board as my first thread. I say mistakenly because entire articles should not be posted because of legitimate concerns about possible copyright infringements. In any case, the purpose of my letter was to lead Americans down a similar path to the one I had taken in the hope they would finally wake up.

If you are interested in learning more about these matters, please use the following links.

My Open Letter to the Citizens of the United States:
    An open letter to the citizens of the United States of America « The PPJ Gazette

A free copy of my book, “While We Sleep”:
    While We Sleep - A Story of Government Without Law by Alan R. Adaschik

A transcript of my Lawsuit against the Federal Government:
    A Constitutional Challenge To The WTO

If you have any questions about anything I have written or would like clarifying information, just ask. If you find anything in this material that you disagree with, please bring it to my attention and provide me with the reasons for your disagreement. I sincerely hope one of you can demonstrate where I have gone wrong so I can sleep better at night.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    My Country is a wonderful place filled with hope and promise. Americans are a different story. I am deeply ashamed and disappointed in what liberal Americans have done to my beloved land. The nation needs to break up if any part of it is to survive.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,528

Excerpt: Our choice is clear. Vote for Ron Paul who stands for a government defined by and subservient to our Constitution or vote for a candidate who secretly swears allegiance to the New World Order.

Okie doke!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,559
    Michelle Obama was ashamed of our country also, maybe she needs to write a book.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    I'm troubled by it too. Still, neither You, nor I are the Property of the State, no matter what it thinks or claims. Conscience First in All things. They Cannot control Conscience, nor Tax it. Part of Our Obligation to the Higher Authority, is to Bear Witness and Testify, Tell the Truth about what We see, Each, from Our Unique Perspective. You have been doing that. Keep the Faith.

6. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,710
    To adequately discuss your message, one would have to acquaint themselves with the GATT and your book, which most messageboard members are not willing to do. Can you cut down your complaints into a paragraph or so that we can discuss? Sorry for the moronic head I'm carrying in this area.

7. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    I'm curious- how much did that copy of the GATT accord cost you?

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    My Dad was a real WWII hero. He died last April. Before he died he said that if he had known what was going to happen to this country he wouldn't have been so patriotic in wanting to defend it. I got a citation in the mail from the defense department commemorating his service. It was signed by presidebt obama. I threw it in a drawer. I don't even want to see it.

9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    I think I understand your feelings, but take care of that citation. It may mean something to your kids (if you got 'em) or grandkids. I've got one signed by Johnson that my family received in '67. It's framed and on my wall. I'm proud of it.

10. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    You appear to be very intelligent, very perceptive and very much an American. I won't hold the Christian part against you unless you become a fundamentalist preacher trying to spread the word.