I am an American considering converting to Islam.

I have never expected that happens to me.
About 2 years ago, I met an Algerian man, a fellow student at my university. We quickly became close friends and spent everyday together. I opened up to him about my decision to renounce my Christian upbringing. He then told me about the importance of religion and prayer in his life.
I became very inspired by his deep Islamic faith. A few months later I got up the courage to ask him if he could show me how to pray. He explained how to make wudu and the entire process of prayer. I had a special moment during my first prayer, something I never felt before when I prayed at Church. It is hard to describe but the best I can say is that my mind was still. At that moment I felt such deep connection and bound with him.
Am I a traitor and bad white Christian??

Two fairy tales.....one about 1500 years old and the other about 2000.

Like Hillary said, "At This Point What Difference Does It Make?"

You forgot the third monotheistic "fairy tale" what was continously existing since the first states were existing. Monotheism is the oldest continously existing religious tradition of the world - nevertheless forever young. The alternatives - including the belief atheism - sound in my ears often empty - except Buddhism maybe, but it's on the other side not easy to understand concepts from Buddhism. And what will be the concept of Hillary or any other one who will be the next president of the USA? Might and money, money and might, isn't it?

Last edited:
About 2 years ago, I met an Algerian man, a fellow student at my university. We quickly became close friends and spent everyday together. I opened up to him about my decision to renounce my Christian upbringing. He then told me about the importance of religion and prayer in his life.
I became very inspired by his deep Islamic faith. A few months later I got up the courage to ask him if he could show me how to pray. He explained how to make wudu and the entire process of prayer. I had a special moment during my first prayer, something I never felt before when I prayed at Church. It is hard to describe but the best I can say is that my mind was still. At that moment I felt such deep connection and bound with him.

Well, they say the right religion will call out to you. No, you are not a traitor if you change religion, and it sounds like Islam maybe your ticket.

Do what all the religious folks do, follow the faith you are most comfortable.

So you were going to renounce your Christian upbringing. Yet you needed to be taught how to pray. And you never felt connected to God through prayer until now despite saying you just learned how?

You are free to choose what you want to believe. But this narrative is full of inconsistencies.

Why not ask God instead of a message board

Avatar and Donald-----both sunni and devil presented
STANDARD DAWAH bullshit. Dawah means----"turn other
people into muslims". The theme is-----SUDDEN INSPIRATION upon laying eyes for the first time on the idiotic
koran------and even sticking ones ass in the air and mumbling
some Arabic phrases. Muslims are REQUIRED to get into
this garbage-----something like a really psychotic hyperbolic
form of Mormon evangelizing----or JW I was victimized
by this sort of BS many times. I have more copies of the
Koran than I can possibly burn or flush down the toilet
in a life-time. To have experienced it is to recognize it-----I was barely 20 the first time I was invited to a mosque
----(long long ago) Of course I went-----but I also attended
Midnight mass every year when I was in college------I was
a curious kid.

Hey, I was 18 when I visited an NOI 'church' and 24 when I visited a real Islamic community center.

Never found Islam appealing, in fact I found the Quran long winded and boring, also more over the top than the Bible. Now the Bhagavad-gita was a book I liked reading over and over again. But I do not feel compelled to convert to Hinduism.

So far, the religion that compels me the most is Buddhism, and I have some qualms with that as well.

So you were going to renounce your Christian upbringing. Yet you needed to be taught how to pray. And you never felt connected to God through prayer until now despite saying you just learned how?

You are free to choose what you want to believe. But this narrative is full of inconsistencies.

people into muslims". The theme is-----SUDDEN INSPIRATION upon laying eyes for the first time on the idiotic
in a life-time. To have experienced it is to recognize it-----I was barely 20 the first time I was invited to a mosque
a curious kid.

Hey, I was 18 when I visited an NOI 'church' and 24 when I visited a real Islamic community center.

Never found Islam appealing, in fact I found the Quran long winded and boring, also more over the top than the Bible. Now the Bhagavad-gita was a book I liked reading over and over again. But I do not feel compelled to convert to Hinduism.

So far, the religion that compels me the most is Buddhism, and I have some qualms with that as well.

Buddha was a hindu-------kinda like an ARJUNA----well sorta------in a way

Two fairy tales.....one about 1500 years old and the other about 2000.

Like Hillary said, "At This Point What Difference Does It Make?"

You forgot the third monotheistic "fairy tale" what was continously existing since the first states were existing. Monotheism is the oldest continously existing religious tradition of the world - nevertheless forever young. The alternatives - including the belief atheism - sound in my ears often empty - except Buddhism maybe, but it's on the other side not easy to understand concepts from Buddhism. And what will be the concept of Hillary or any other one who will be the next president of the USA? Might and money, money and might, isn't it?

Interesting!

a curious kid.

The most modern religion(and the most foolish) is Mormonism. Joseph Smith, a convicted con man, came up with a cock and bull story about he and an angel named Mormon and some golden tabloids which mysteriously disappeared. Smith and Brigham Young had all the young ass(100 wives between them) they wanted. Who in the world falls for a concoction of man made crap where the motives are so obvious. I still like the one where everybody gives a tenth of what they earn to a freeloader who should get an honest job. All religions are man made and god is a man. The book they wrote states that women should be subservient to them. That's not just a coincidence.

When an idiot like George W. Bush spouts off a load of bullshit about what god told him to do then proceeds to send other American's young kids off to a god-for-saken desert 10,000 miles from home to fight and die after he had joined "The Champagne Unit" of the national guards to avoid combat during the Vietnam war should be de-balled.

The reason they referred to the national guard unit as "The Champagne Unit" was because that's where all the Dallas Cowboy football team served their military obligation.

The draft should be automatically re-instated with no exceptions for healthy young men any time some cowardly prick starts a war.

Last edited:
... When an idiot like George W. Bush

Idiot?

off a load of bullshit about what god told him to do

Sorry - But George W. Bush was criticised from nearly all big christian confessions and churches. He spoke only in the name of the god USA.

ceeds to send other American's young kids off to a god-for-saken desert 10,000 miles from home to fight and die after he had joined "The Champagne Unit" of the national guards to avoid combat during the Vietnam war should be de-balled.

The reason they referred to the national guard unit as "The Champagne Unit" was because that's where all the Dallas Cowboy football team served their military obligation.

The draft should be automatically re-instated with no exceptions for healthy young men any time some cowardly prick starts a war.

One result of the politics of the USA in Iraq you can see today everywhere in Germany: Refugees from Syria and the Iraq.

Last edited:

You looking for someone to give you a pat on the back or to pull you back from the cliffs edge?

If you are not sure, deep down absolutely down to your marrow sure, you have no business converting.

It is not something you can change again later. Islam is not like a suit you can take off and discard when you are tired of it.

People get killed for trying to leave. It is wrong but it happens.

If you have to ask, you should not be doing it. If you need approval from a message forum, you really should not be doing it.

Go ask 10 women in a chador who got sold off to an old pervert at 12 years old if they prefer not to be muslim. You'll have your answer.

Ok. Convert, go about your business and shut the fuck up about it.

You're an idiot.

LOL!

a curious kid.

The most modern religion(and the most foolish) is Mormonism. Joseph Smith, a convicted con man, came up with a cock and bull story about he and an angel named Mormon and some golden tabloids which mysteriously disappeared. Smith and Brigham Young had all the young ass(100 wives between them) they wanted. Who in the world falls for a concoction of man made crap where the motives are so obvious. I still like the one where everybody gives a tenth of what they earn to a freeloader who should get an honest job. All religions are man made and god is a man. The book they wrote states that women should be subservient to them. That's not just a coincidence.

When an idiot like George W. Bush spouts off a load of bullshit about what god told him to do then proceeds to send other American's young kids off to a god-for-saken desert 10,000 miles from home to fight and die after he had joined "The Champagne Unit" of the national guards to avoid combat during the Vietnam war should be de-balled.

Hard to take you seriously when your description of Mormonism is so wrong.

However, why are you so eager to send people to their death?

I will say it again

If Islam is calling you, then you should delve into.

If you believe it is true. Then you should convert.

What you are witnessing are the response of that associate Islam with death.

What if it were? Death can be considered a God. It ends life, and makes it look so easy....

Hi American Devil (if you are still out there) :) ,

Just wanted to say that I don't know how things have went since you wrote the post that I am replying to, but something that you should consider in converting to Islam is that Islam teaches that apostates are to be killed. Here is a link about it from Wikipedia...

Peace & may God Bless to you. :)

Apostasy in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are not a Muslim until you go to Mecca and survive the stampede run like they do the running of the bulls in Spain.

running-bulls-2013.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back