I am an American considering converting to Islam.

Aug 3, 2015
I have never expected that happens to me.
About 2 years ago, I met an Algerian man, a fellow student at my university. We quickly became close friends and spent everyday together. I opened up to him about my decision to renounce my Christian upbringing. He then told me about the importance of religion and prayer in his life.
I became very inspired by his deep Islamic faith. A few months later I got up the courage to ask him if he could show me how to pray. He explained how to make wudu and the entire process of prayer. I had a special moment during my first prayer, something I never felt before when I prayed at Church. It is hard to describe but the best I can say is that my mind was still. At that moment I felt such deep connection and bound with him.
Am I a traitor and bad white Christian??

Maybe, you should take a class first.

terroristschool-vi.gif

About 2 years ago, I met an Algerian man, a fellow student at my university. We quickly became close friends and spent everyday together. I opened up to him about my decision to renounce my Christian upbringing. He then told me about the importance of religion and prayer in his life.
I became very inspired by his deep Islamic faith. A few months later I got up the courage to ask him if he could show me how to pray. He explained how to make wudu and the entire process of prayer. I had a special moment during my first prayer, something I never felt before when I prayed at Church. It is hard to describe but the best I can say is that my mind was still. At that moment I felt such deep connection and bound with him.
If you don't have faith in god, islmic prayer is very ritualized and routine.

humans love both.

read the kuran and understand that if you go visit your family you can't eat whatever you family cooks or drinks.

and if they don't convert, well, you can beat and are obligated to beat, all the women in your family

islam is a seriously backwards religion

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." Thomas Paine

"You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt." Robert M. Pirsig

Jesus is described in the Gospels as prostrating during prayer. In Matthew 26:39, the author describes an incident which took place when Jesus went with his disciples to Gethsemane: “And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, ‘My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

Christians today kneel down, clasping their hands, in a posture which cannot be ascribed to Jesus. The method of prostration in prayer followed by Jesus was not of his own making. It was the mode of prayer of the prophets before him.

Chapter al-Insaan (76):25-6, is only one of many Qur’aanic examples of God’s instructions to the believers to bow down in worship to Him.

} وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلاً وَمِنَ الَّيْلِ فَاسْجُدْ لَهُ وَسَبِّحْهُ لَيْلاً طَوِيلاً {

“Remember the Name of your Lord in the morning and evening, and prostrate to Him and glorify Him for a long time nightly.”

The True Message of Jesus Christ

Islam basics simplified -Great video:

Whoa! Hold on a minute, lets not do anything hasty. It is too easy to convert to Islam, as all you have to do is say 'Allah is the only God and Muhammad was his messenger'. BUT DON'T SAY IT YET.
Why not take the time to read the Quran and then decide if you think it can be the words of God. Or whether you will come to the same conclusion as me that Muhammad was a dirty, lying, cut throat Arab bandit.

I will be happy to go through the Quran with you to show you why it cannot be the words of God. Because I would hate to loose another poster to Islam. There is a female poster here who converted to Islam on my watch, and I felt like a failure that I could not make her see the Quran is all made up lies about God.

I am a white man who was a very dedicated Christian and had even taught sunday school.

One day I was at a book store and picked up a copy of the Quran and open it to the first page. I read the 7 verses (Al Fatiha). The words struck me like a bolt of lighting. Instinctively, I knew these were the words of God and I want to know more about this book.

Leaving the store. I drove straight to a local mosque and meet with the Imam and a couple of members. For almost two months I went to the mosque and asked a million questions about the Quran, Muhammad, Allah, 5x daily prayer, Islamic history, global politics, the role of men and women, raising children, marriage, dietary restrictions, .......basically, why do muslims do what they do?

I began to realize that Islam was very different from what people think or how the news media presents it. And that Islam answered every question and meet every need of mankind.

Eventually, I decided to take Islam as my religion. And in front of the entire congregation at the mosque. I declared that "There is no other god but Allah" and that "Muhammad was God's prophet".

That was almost 15 years ago. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Wrong lion-----contrary to popular thought amongst the illiterate hundreds of millions of idiots-----jews know what and how jews did things-----prayer never included that silly IN TIME choreographed up and down dance that made me laugh the
first time I was in a mosque NEVER!!!! doing that sort of thing
was associated with idolatry in babylon

Both sunni and devil handed us the STANDARD DAWAH crap
which I have heard as stories from muslims over the past almost 45 years------these stories can be found in muslim propaganda
pamphlets ------even four year old muslim kids know them. They are nothing new and remain just as idiotic as they were
at their inception

Here is a sample of the cruel and sadistic nature of the Allah of the Quran. A God made up to scare silly desert Arabs into following Muhammad, and fighting his battles for him. Do you really think that any kind of God would do the following things to humans just for denying him?

22.19 These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.
22.20 With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
22.21 In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
22.22 Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"

4.56 Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for God is Exalted in Power, Wise.

Hey, AmDev, you do realize that they kill homosexuals in Islam, don't you? :D

For those who do not know----the stories that both sunni and
devil have presented are so standard an aspect of Islamic
delusion that as long as 40 years ago when I was AGAIN
offered a copy of the koran and would say "I aready have one and read it"-------the response would be "that's impossible---if you actually read it ----YOU WOULD BE A MUSLIM" This stuff
came from young muslims new to the USA educated in muslim
lands------its what they are taught in kindergarten----TO SEE IT IS TO LOVE IT!!!! <yuck>

Although I don't believe a single word of your OP, here's my thought on the matter.

Go right ahead and convert.

Then denounce your American citizenship and move to a country where you will be part of the majority and feel accepted.

We sure won't need or want you here.

offered a copy of the koran and would say "I aready have one and read it"-------the response would be "that's impossible---if you actually read it ----YOU WOULD BE A MUSLIM" This stuff
lands------its what they are taught in kindergarten----TO SEE IT IS TO LOVE IT!!!! <yuck>
I tried reading the koran once, but when I opened it up, it was nothing but scribbling on every page!

more on the
I tried reading the koran once, but when I opened it up, it was nothing but scribbling on every page!

I was young when I first read that idiot book and heavy into anything "OLD"-------I read just about every ancient greek play (they are really terrific----Sophocles and Euripides is my faves-------of course ever college kid knew something of
ARISTOPHANES. The GITA is fine literature (of course the
Kama sudtra is even better) The koran? I place it on the level of BEOWULF -----no literary value at all (IMHO of course) It is dull and not appealing because there is
absolutely no literary value---(but muslims say it is very
'poetic' in Arabic----and it probably is---even pre Islamic arabs
did poetry) There is no actual theme-----just a kind of statement that there is a "god" and muhummad is the DIVINE
KING. Put into historical perspective it is a "ROYAL LINE"
story------muhummad DECLARES HIMSELF-----the ONE AND ONLY FINAL AND BESTEST GUY IN THE UNIVERSE APPOINTED BY "god" TO BE THE ONLY KING. It reminds me of the kinds of myths JAPAN ascribed to its emperors---
and coincidentally the PHAROAHS of Egypt did the same thing----they AND THEIR DESCENDANTS were "divine"
forever (simplified----muhummad beats out Jesus Christ----
and even "allah" himself) All of this divinity gets ascribed to
a rapist, pillager,, murderer, --------it is kinda sickening

Here is a Hadith that shows how cruel Muhammad really was.

Hadith Bukhari

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794:

Narrated Anas:

Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophet ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

What does being white have to do with it?

Matthew 6:7

"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

Matthew 7:15
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Mark 13:22
American King James Version
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Forum List

Back