i am america but faraway

S

sumayya

hello there, i was happy to join up with you, all i want to say that i'd lived in the U.S for ten years, and what i was born in the U.S. i left the U.S to my mother country in the Arab Gulf, Oman. i missed the U.S a lot, but recently i began to feel im shagged about what is happening in the world, i was wondering how the Americans there, are they still the one i lived among. cause here in the Arab Countries people are also lost they don't know how to act with people of America. sometimes they hate anything that is American but sometimes they don't.:confused:

Originally posted by sumayya
hello there, i was happy to join up with you, all i want to say that i'd lived in the U.S for ten years, and what i was born in the U.S. i left the U.S to my mother country in the Arab Gulf, Oman. i missed the U.S a lot, but recently i began to feel im shagged about what is happening in the world, i was wondering how the Americans there, are they still the one i lived among. cause here in the Arab Countries people are also lost they don't know how to act with people of America. sometimes they hate anything that is American but sometimes they don't.:confused:

Are you sure you aren't in san francisco?

Be true to your heart. Remember America how it was for you when you lived here those 10 years. More than likely its still the same as you remember it. As for other Arbas, pay no attention to them or the news. Foreign news sources try to demonize America every chance they get, especially Al JAzeera. You've lived here and you should no then what a wonderful place America is.

If anyone tells you America is perfect, they are lying. America is far from perfect. We've got a lot of progress to make. However, we're still trying. And that's important.

Most Americans are thoughtful, helpful and intelligent people. We want provide for our families, communities, our country and our world. We want to be able to live free and hope that others will too. We'd do anything for our friends and we would like to make peace with our enemies. We'll stand up for our rights and the rights of those who are unable to stand. We're sloppy, forgetful, emotional. We're comedic, intellectual, slapstick and ineffectual.

Our lives are filled with happiness, sadness, guilt, freedom, trials, tribulations, highs, lows. Our citizens eat, sleep, work, play, help, take, give. We try, we fail, we try, we succeed.

In the end, we're just like everyone else, by and large.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Are you sure you aren't in san francisco?

i was born there pal, but now im in Oman!!

Originally posted by insein
Be true to your heart. Remember America how it was for you when you lived here those 10 years. More than likely its still the same as you remember it. As for other Arbas, pay no attention to them or the news. Foreign news sources try to demonize America every chance they get, especially Al JAzeera. You've lived here and you should no then what a wonderful place America is.

i do agree that America is a wonderful country i even dream about this beloved country, and wish i could visit her again.
but friend, about aljazeera there is nothing bad about it, well it is the only channel that Arabs can freely express thier thoughts and speech. it is about the people themselves.

Originally posted by Moi
If anyone tells you America is perfect, they are lying. America is far from perfect. We've got a lot of progress to make. However, we're still trying. And that's important.

Most Americans are thoughtful, helpful and intelligent people. We want provide for our families, communities, our country and our world. We want to be able to live free and hope that others will too. We'd do anything for our friends and we would like to make peace with our enemies. We'll stand up for our rights and the rights of those who are unable to stand. We're sloppy, forgetful, emotional. We're comedic, intellectual, slapstick and ineffectual.

Our lives are filled with happiness, sadness, guilt, freedom, trials, tribulations, highs, lows. Our citizens eat, sleep, work, play, help, take, give. We try, we fail, we try, we succeed.

In the end, we're just like everyone else, by and large.

dear friend,
i know well all about americans, i even studied in a UAE university where i have contacted with many American teachers, and they are wonderful.
all im asking is when i go back to my beloved America how will people there act with me as an Arab American?

about aljazeera there is nothing bad about it,

What a load of crap. They incite violence and there has been allegations that they have employees working for Saddam's regime.

when i go back to my beloved America how will people there act with me as an Arab American?

I imagine you would be treated just fine, unless you came as an anti-american. No different than if you went to an arab country as an anti-arab. Sure, America has it's bad apples just like any other country but that doesn't reflect the nation as a whole.

i was born there pal, but now im in Oman!!

Now it's all becoming clear.

But seriously, you'll be fine coming back to the states as long as you wear a lot of Bush/Cheney '04 campaign paraphenalia.

But seriously, you'll be fine coming back to the states as long as you wear a lot of Bush/Cheney '04 campaign paraphenalia.

that was really funny;) no soon i'll come and stay for a while.

may i ask? how did you know about me & san francisco?

Originally posted by jimnyc
I imagine you would be treated just fine, unless you came as an anti-american. No different than if you went to an arab country as an anti-arab. Sure, America has it's bad apples just like any other country but that doesn't reflect the nation as a whole.

can a person be an anti-american and an anti-arab at the same time??

can a person be an anti-american and an anti-arab at the same time??

Hmmm, good question. I guess you can be against policies of both at the same time.

dear friend,
i know well all about americans, i even studied in a UAE university where i have contacted with many American teachers, and they are wonderful.
all im asking is when i go back to my beloved America how will people there act with me as an Arab American?
Truthfully, the same as I (a white, female American) get treated: some days well, some days not so well.

Believe me, the shit comes around and it goes around and everyone in this country steps in it sometimes.

Forum List

Back