I am a TEA Partier who agrees with Obama on Debt Limit

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
I am a TEA Partier who agrees with Senator Obama's 2006 position on the Debt Limit.

Obama On Raising the Debt Ceiling
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.

Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion.That is “trillion” with a “T.” That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on.

Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities.

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

Starve a banker, cut the debt! But hey, if they don't get the debt under control I am not going down with the ship. I will continue to buy gold, land & commodities driving up prices on the rest of you chumps.

I am a TEA Partier who agrees with Senator Obama's 2006 position on the Debt Limit.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.

Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion.That is “trillion” with a “T.” That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on.

Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities.

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

Starve a banker, cut the debt! But hey, if they don't get the debt under control I am not going down with the ship. I will continue to buy gold, land & commodities driving up prices on the rest of you chumps.

:lol::lol: You mean you agreed with Obama's statements back in 2006-about raising the debt ceiling---not now I presume.--And paying out 29 BILLION dollars per month in INTEREST alone on our current debt--I too agree with Obama's 2006 statements.

Last edited:

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

:lol::lol: You mean you agreed with Obama's statements back in 2006-about raising the debt ceiling---not now I presume.

I think the agreement holds. Not for you?

Another kaffir who wants Obama to spend more on the war against Islam. Another big spending democrat who likes stealing money you are. Stop America from spending more money. We need cuts to everything, especially defense. This infidel government must be deprived of any more money:razz:

Ther is a difference between raising the debt limit to give the rich a free ride and raising the debt limit so the American economy doesn't crash.

The economy is falling, the economy is falling: that's all we've heard from Obama since he took office.

He has used that line to achieve the entirety of his legislative agenda and you are dumbfounded as to why Obama is plunging in the polls and a large majority of Americans still oppose raising the debt limit.

The Barack "Chicken Little" Obama has desensitized Americans with his constant assertion that if we do not do what he wants the economy will fall. And after he gets his way and things still suck he says well it would be worse.

Obama's entire presidency rests on proving a negative, it would be worse. Good luck with that in 2012. :lol:

Last edited:
Ther is a difference between raising the debt limit to give the rich a free ride and raising the debt limit so the American economy doesn't crash.

The economy is falling, the economy is falling: that's all we've heard from Obama since he took office.

He has used that line to achieve the entirety of his legislative agenda and you are dumbfounded as to why Obama is plunging in the polls and a large majority of Americans still oppose raising the debt limit.

The Barack "Chicken Little" Obama has desensitized Americans with his constant assertion that if we do not do what he wants the economy will fall. And after he gets his way and things still suck he says well it would be worse.

Obama's entire presidency rests on proving a negative, it would be worse. Good luck with that in 2012. :lol:

Obamas admin is based on dividing the world. Creating racial hatred. Creating religious hatered against islam. Creating class warfare. This has got to end in 2012.

Obamas admin is based on dividing the world. Creating racial hatred. Creating religious hatered against islam. Creating class warfare. This has got to end in 2012.

lol I thought he was a Muslim sympathizer?

Obama is islamophobic. He also loves killing innocent muslim civilians with drone strikes. He also has escalated violance in afghanistan and installed a corrupt druglord government in iraq and afghanistan to opress residents.

Here is an example of his cowardice and hatred of islam

Obama Hates Muslims! «

Obama is islamophobic. He also loves killing innocent muslim civilians with drone strikes. He also has escalated violance in afghanistan and installed a corrupt druglord government in iraq and afghanistan to opress residents.

Here is an example of his cowardice and hatred of islam

Obama Hates Muslims! «

Talabini is the president of Iraq and went into office in 2005, Karzai is the president of Afghanistan and took office in 2004. While both may be corrupt, particularly Karzai, I have some serious doubts that Obama put them into office, particularly since in 2004 Obama was a state Senator and in 2005 he was a junior US senator.

There is a difference between raising the debt limit to give the rich a free ride and raising the debt limit so the American economy doesn't crash.

So why did Obama extend tax cuts for the rich. The "Obama Tax Cuts" are causing US to hit the debt limit to give the rich a free ride.

Obama: I Don't Care if Debt Battle 'Brings Down My Presidency'

Last edited:
Last edited:
There is a difference between raising the debt limit to give the rich a free ride and raising the debt limit so the American economy doesn't crash.

I wish that were true.

It isn't.

The national debt represents the SOURCE of much of the great wealth in the world.

After all, when the government spent the money it had to go into the pockets of SOMEBODY.

EVen if it went briefly into the hands of the poor, they SPENT IT and it ended up in the hands of the wealthy.

This is the nature of capital in a CAPITALIST system, is it not?

The capital aggregates in the hands of the few.

That is HOW this system works, after all.

So why did Obama extend tax cuts for the rich.

Because the Republican terrorists were willing to shoot the hostages.

WTF are you talking about. Obama extended the tax cuts for the rich when the republicans were out of power. Democrats controlled the House, Senate & Presidency & they gave the rich another tax cut. They also taxed the cigarettes of the poor, tried to raise gas & soda tax on the poor, taxed our healthcare, & is ending the mortgage tax deduction for the poor & middle class. Obamacrats did this! Not Republicans!

So why did Obama extend tax cuts for the rich.

WTF are you talking about. Obama extended the tax cuts for the rich when the republicans were out of power. Democrats controlled the House, Senate & Presidency & they gave the rich another tax cut. They also taxed the cigarettes of the poor, tried to raise gas & soda tax on the poor, taxed our healthcare, & is ending the mortgage tax deduction for the poor & middle class. Obamacrats did this! Not Republicans!

The extension was passed in the Lame Duck session. There was NEVER the super majority that conservatives claim and the GnOP was holding unemployment benefits extension hostage for an extension of the Bush tax cuts. This is recent history...how quickly they forget.

The extension was passed in the Lame Duck session. There was NEVER the super majority that conservatives claim and the GnOP was holding unemployment benefits extension hostage for an extension of the Bush tax cuts. This is recent history...how quickly they forget.

Democrats had complete majority. Quit making excuses, they had the same number sas the stimulus and the obumblecare fiasco.

Forum List

Back