CDZ I am a libertarian but I am not too hostile to state's right to violate liberty

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
A full libertarian will say that all drugs should be legal. I agree. But then, good ideas do not need to be "forced". Let every state decides. If just one state (and we have more than 1 by now) try, the other state will see. It'll be good. And they will try too.

What about free market?

A full libertarian will say that states shouldn't interfere. I'd say, sure. State shouldn't.

But most states interfere anyway in economy. Let them try. Now, free market works in US, it works in Asia, it works in Japan, it works in Singapore, it works in Hongkong. Actually free market need to work in so many place for US to be free too.

If US is free and the rest is not, US government has, what I would say, a reasonable bargaining position. You don't like paying income tax here, just go to other country that's even worse managed.

Now imagine if all other countries are well managed too. The worker will say, sure. I'll just go. Every country will bend over backward reducing income tax because countries have to compete with other countries.

Immigration is the same thing. Instead of insisting that immigration should be free for all, what about if we just let democratic process to decide that.

Some democratic countries will say, you know what, salary here is cheaper than salary in that commie state. Immigrants can come but they got to pay head immigration tax to citizens. Dubai practice this by the way. I know it's not full libertarian.

When I were an immigrant I wonder why I should pay tax to majestic welfare parasite and I hate that. Now I think it's not too bad.

Soon the citizen of that country will be rich because immigrants will work for them. They will just manage immigrant workers or govern their country well and get paid. Then what would other country do? The same thing.

Then every immigrants will have so many places to go and many countries will start lowering the immigration tax.

Now I know actual immigration policy is not that simple. However, imagine if someone is willing to pay to hang out with you and be your citizen. Will that people also want to implement sharia law in your country?

Imagine someone paying $100k to escape sharia laws so they can be American citizen. I don't know what's the right amount. Say some does. Then what?

Think about it. Most immigration policy is either fuck no or hell yes. Perhaps we should see countries as businesses. Let countries run themselves and let the best system copied or implemented.

The end result won't be far from libertarian dreams. Perhaps even, at least arguably better. Elon Musk dream of a world where robot do all the job and citizens get paid dividend. George Hendry think of states that heavily tax land but eliminate income tax and free otherwise. That seems more meritocratic according to some mathematician.

Some states will heavily tax ganja instead of killing drug dealers. So it's about right. May be it's a good balance to just tax vice rather than prohibiting it or allowing it.

Rather than complain about every shitty or every non libertarian things that happen in this world. Why not look at the fact that we are far more libertarian than our ancestors. What cause it? Then see if we can improve or at least appreciate it. That's law of attraction combined with libertarianism.

You want an outcome, pay attention to what's positive bro.

Let's put it this way. Many libertarians complain that we are not libertarian enough.

Well guess what?

We are already more libertarian than most of our ancestors.

So, why?

And how do we improve that even further?

That is the question. I think blaming the state is not productive for libertarianism cause. To the opposite, see how government, despite all of their corrupt intention, cannot do much to dent businessmen profit nowadays, should be things are grateful for.

If we are grateful for what's right, we got more right things coming along.

Forum List

Back